Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

5 hours ago, China said:

Strong Trump Supporters Picked to Head Michigan Republican Party

I love the article referring to the "deep divide in the Party".  And then pointing out that the election hinged on which of the two candidates supported Trump more.  

Edited by Larry

Sen. Hawley billed campaign for junk food on family trip: FEC records

He’s got a sweet tooth — and his donors are footing the bill.

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO), considered a viable GOP presidential candidate in 2024, charged a Halloween ransom in junk food to his Senate campaign in March 2020, after a family jaunt with his wife and two young boys to Universal Studios theme park in Orlando, FEC records show.

The $197 in charges included: $16.87 at Voodoo Doughnut, $8.83 at Seuss Popcorn, $15.63 at Lard Lad, $13.83 at Lagoon Popcorn, $31.38 at Hopping Pot, $30.41 at Bumblebee Taco, and $80.04 at Margaritaville.

The binge raised the eyebrows of campaign finance experts who said campaign funds are strictly prohibited for any personal use by the Federal Election Commission.

“It appears to not be a legal use of campaign funds,” Ann Ravel, a former Obama-appointed chairwoman of the FEC, told The Post.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

Michigan state Sen. Shirkey censured by Hillsdale County GOP, says he doesn't 'give a ****'

he Hillsdale County Republican Party voted Monday to censure Michigan Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey for condemning the armed protesters who stormed the state Capitol, surrendering to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, and other alleged “actions and inactions.”

At a tense, video-recorded meeting at a diner last week, county party members hurled insults at Shirkey for not taking a more hardline position in Lansing.

“You’re a liar,” one of the members told Shirkey.

Another said, “We’re not going to go along to get along. We’re done with it, Mike.”

Shirkey responded, “If you want to bully, go ahead and bully.”

One of the members fired back, “I call you a **** if you call me a bully."

When warned about the upcoming censure vote, Shirkey said, “I don’t give a ****. ... I don't care.”

The party’s executive board voted 14-5 to censure Shirkey.

Among the reasons for the censure was Shirkey’s support of a ban on the open carry of firearms at the state Capitol “when no violent attack with firearms has ever taken place.” Shirkey’s support of the ban came after rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6.

The party also excoriated Shirkey for calling armed protesters who stormed the state Capitol in April “a bunch of jackasses.”

At the meeting in the diner, Shirkey encouraged one of the party members to test the constitutionality of the ban.

"Carry in your long gun now and test it," Shirkey said.

Do you guys think the GOP is secretly scared of Trump forming the rumored "Patriot Party?"   The GOP is toast if that happens, it doesn't really matter what the percentage goes or stays, if the Patriot Party takes a hard-line approach to "establishment GOP members" and refusing to support or vote for them?  Neither party will win a national election ever again.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Do you guys think the GOP is secretly scared of Trump forming the rumored "Patriot Party?"   The GOP is toast if that happens, it doesn't really matter what the percentage goes or stays, if the Patriot Party takes a hard-line approach to "establishment GOP members" and refusing to support or vote for them?  Neither party will win a national election ever again.

There would be an accommodation, or triangulation.  

You think they're going to choose their "principles" over winning elections?  

Patriot Party Of The State Of Wisconsin Created As Trump Voters Split From The GOP

Former President Donald Trump may have stepped back for now from the idea of creating a new political party, but that hasn't stopped diehard Trump fans disillusioned with the Republican Party from creating Patriot Parties of their own all across the country.

Onetime Trump voters in Wisconsin, Florida, Georgia, Colorado, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio and other states have all made attempts at forming their own iterations of a Patriot Party in recent weeks. Some are affiliated with the American Patriot Party of the United States, which does not list a Wisconsin affiliate, while the fledgling Wisconsin party is affiliated with the Patriot Party of the USA.

A couple have run into problems when they tried to file documents with the Federal Election Commission, and the Trump campaign has had to disavow connections with them.

Although the parties seem to have been formed separately and without coordination, what many of these novice politicos share, they said in interviews, is a deep frustration with the GOP and a desire to create an alternative to the two-party system — with or without Trump's help or participation.

The logo of the six-week-old Patriot Party of the State of Wisconsin is neither elephant or donkey, but a lion. It's site reads "Make Wisconsin Great Again."

The party was officially formed on Dec. 20, 2020 in a filing with the Wisconsin Ethics Commission, which was amended on Jan. 25, 2021.

Everything wrong about the GOP is embodied by that letter Kinzinger received (provided it is authentic). 

They call themselves Christians but crave the "love and respect" of Lou Dobbs, Tucker Carlson, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh.  They call Trump a Christian and compare him to King David despite a lack of humility and repentance.  It's obvious Trump is only "playing Christian" to play Christians... what is Christian about any of his speeches.  

I am just a guy and deaf when it comes to reproductive rights but I wonder if Democrats backed off on a pro-choice stance from their platform if it would hurt them... I am sure someone will jump in and school me that there are flip-sides.  What I see is that "abortion" drives so much hatred of Democrats from the church.