Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Erin Burnett noted this wryly:

11 Republicans voted to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from committee assignments.

61 Republicans voted to remove Liz Cheney from her leadership position.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't fully understand the consequences of being removed from your assignments in congress. 

The news is saying it is essentially neutering a congress person to do so but don't they still vote on everything?

I guess I just don't see how this makes Marjorie green effectively insignificant for the next two years.

Can someone with more knowledge of this punishment explain to me why it's so devastating for her?

One of the more ridiculous things about politics  throughout time is this notion that we are supposed to believe someone expressing contrition under duress. 

Does anyone actually believe Taylor’s walk back? Is anyone impressed that she proclaimed she believes 9-11 and school shootings happen?

I look at all the Democrats forced to resign and how the GOP handle their own and I shake my head. Eleven people voting to strip Taylor should embarrass the hell out of Republicans especially in light of a month old insurrection. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Burgold said:

One of the more ridiculous things about politics  throughout time is this notion that we are supposed to believe someone expressing contrition under duress. 

Does anyone actually believe Taylor’s walk back? Is anyone impressed that she proclaimed she believes 9-11 and school shootings happen?

I look at all the Democrats forced to resign and how the GOP handle their own and I shake my head. Eleven people voting to strip Taylor should embarrass the hell out of Republicans especially in light of a month old insurrection. 

Of course not. Her regret is that this came back to bite her. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Of course not. Her regret is that this came back to bite her. 

It didn't even bite her.  

She's a freshman congressman who's getting more coverage than Biden's Covid package.  And the people in her district will throw her a parade for it.  

(And the rest of the GOP will use her as an icon, to decry how horrible it is that those damned Democrats are such bloodthirsty partisans that we all need to go put the GOP back in charge of our newly-redistricted Congress.)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Larry said:

It didn't even bite her.  

She's a freshman congressman who's getting more coverage than Biden's Covid package.  And the people in her district will throw her a parade for it.  

(And the rest of the GOP will use her as an icon, to decry how horrible it is that those damned Democrats are such bloodthirsty partisans that we all need to go put the GOP back in charge of our newly-redistricted Congress.)  

It did because she was prepping to go on committee rants for 2 years before moving on to her talk show, or going for the Senate or whatever. 

I'm getting increasingly irritated at commentators announcing that the GOP is engaged in a conflict between nuts and "traditional Republican values like reducing the deficit".  That's not a Republican value, and hasn't been at least since Reagan. 

• Thanks 2

Annoyed also at how several Republicans are ominously threatening revenge for this move to remove Taylor from her Cabinet positions. "We have lists of things Democrats say that we don't like!" They say.

Give me a break. It just shows you that they are all in behind her, Q, White Supremacy, and antisemitism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1