Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

On 1/31/2021 at 10:22 AM, China said:

🎶And the grift goes on...

Trump Raised $76 Million — Then Spent Nothing On Vote Challenges Or Georgia

Then-President Donald Trump raised $76 million for a political slush fund by citing the need to challenge his Nov. 3 reelection loss and for Republicans to win two Senate runoffs in Georgia, but through the end of 2020 he did not spend a dime of it on either.

“He put nothing back. He didn’t care,” said one top Republican familiar with the fundraising operation who spoke on condition of anonymity, adding that Trump intends to use the money to pay his personal, non-election-related, legal bills. “He put all this money in the bank for his own legal fights. He never cared about Georgia’s races.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had someone take me to task last weekend when I said trump said to proud boys stand back stand by

i was even like “dude there’s video I watched it on live tv”

I was called a liar 

idk what you do with people that are that stupid. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, tshile said:

I had someone take me to task last weekend when I said trump said to proud boys stand back stand by

I was called a liar 

My hairdresser was at the rally on January 6 & said she didn't see any riots, just people hanging from the walls of the Capitol.  🤣

A former friend doesn't believe that the 2000 election ended up with the recount being halted by the SC. ("Is that what MSNBC tells you??")

Me: No, it's history, you dingbat. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, tshile said:

I was called a liar 

One of my oldest friends began with you can hardly blame them, referring to the Capitol thugs, and ended with it was antifa.  Had to stop the political discussion at that point.  Mind you, this is a college grad, bank executive, not some toothless neck.  I'm clueless on how we fix purposeful ignorance. 

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, youngestson said:

A member of my wife's family attended the rally and still claims it was Antifa who actually went into the the Capital and did damage. The Trumpers it's claimed were just "looking around."

My hairdresser tried to pull the "it happened before the rally"  BS. 

Then it was "did you know all the viruses...HIV, covid...they're all patented, which means they were man made". 🤣🤣🤣🤣

My wife just pointed me to some comments on a Fox News article (she reads them as would an anthropologist) about the horrors of Jen Psaki's seeming indifference to Space Force. Random ****-throwing about Obama's daughters and Harvey Weinstein, illegal immigrants, Dr. Dre being more of a doctor than Jill Biden, and of course "The only way this ends is with Obama swinging from a noose."

I mean, we are so thoroughly screwed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

I don't know who you all stay around people like that and not shame them into the dirt for being traitorous pieces of ****.

What good are having lines/boundaries if they have no edge to them?

generally speaking I don’t. 

but if they’re in my life for good for some reason I don’t let political differences destroy the relationship. *

now if one of them were full on Q anon or stormed the Capitol that’s a different thing. But simple political nonsense? No, I deal with it. Though honestly most of these people know what they’re getting into with me if they push it past my initial response of shrugging it off. I have no problem being honest with people. But I do try it shrug it off first to give them a chance to walk away from it. 

*in my mind. I’m confident quite a few people hate me in part of not being one of them. In fact... lost a close relationship over it during the Obama years. 

• Like 2

Rep. Lauren Boebert’s mileage reimbursement “raises red flags,” ethics experts say

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert paid herself more than $22,000 in mileage reimbursements from her campaign account last year. Boebert’s campaign defends the reimbursements but three ethics experts who reviewed the money transfers for The Denver Post say they raise questions.

Candidates for federal office can legally reimburse themselves for miles driven in personal vehicles using the Internal Revenue Service’s mileage rate, which was 57.5 cents per mile for 2020. The Republican congresswoman from western Colorado wrote two checks totaling $22,259 from her campaign coffers for mileage between January and mid-November.

To justify those reimbursements, Boebert would have had to drive 38,712 miles while campaigning, despite having no publicly advertised campaign events in March, April or July, and only one in May. Furthermore, because the reimbursements came in two payments — a modest $1,060 at the end of March and $21,200 on Nov. 11 — Boebert would have had to drive 36,870 miles in just over seven months between April 1 and Nov. 11 to justify the second payment.

“This highly unusual amount of mileage expenses raises red flags and the campaign should feel obligated to provide answers,” said Kedric Payne, a former investigator for the Office of Congressional Ethics, an independent body in Congress that examines misconduct allegations.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 12:57 AM, China said:

McConnell says Taylor Greene's embrace of conspiracy theories a 'cancer' to GOP, country

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday blasted Georgia GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s embrace of “loony lies and conspiracy theories” as a “cancer for the Republican Party.”

...Greene responded on Twitter, writing that "the real cancer for the Republican Party is weak Republicans who only know how to lose gracefully." 

Turtle is right. However he failed to mention that the Grand Oligarch’s Party is itself a cancer to the country. Therefore I’d say MTG is more like the tooth in the teratoma that is the Grand Oligarch’s Party.

21 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

My hairdresser was at the rally on January 6 & said she didn't see any riots, just people hanging from the walls of the Capitol.  🤣

A former friend doesn't believe that the 2000 election ended up with the recount being halted by the SC. ("Is that what MSNBC tells you??")

Me: No, it's history, you dingbat. 

My standard response to this is that they should then fully support the authorities finding and arresting the ANTIFA impersonating those upstanding, innocent Tя☭mp supporters, right? In fact, they should support a full investigation of fasci... ‘er, right wing and militia groups so these alleged infiltrators can be rooted out.
I really feel for those of you with people like this in your lives. Y’all have way more patience than me. I’d have 👻 ’em long ago.

Edited by The Sisko
Why doesn’t spell check know teratoma is actually a word?
  • Thanks 1