Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

7 hours ago, tshile said:

Can someone explain to me what’s senators role is in a state emergency?

isn’t that a mayor/governor responsibility?

Suffer with his people in the mess they pay him to help avoid I guess. I dunno honestly. But it’s a political blunder. And a lot of times in this country politics isn’t really about doing anything. I’m happy it’s being used against him if it helps hurt Republicans. But that doesn’t mean he could have done much. 

Aside from what tangible help Oooze might have supplied, someone had to explain to him why jetting off to Cancun while people in his state were freezing to death was "bad optics". I wonder how many times they had to explain it, were there crayons and finger puppets involved?

That ain't tone deaf, that's stone deaf

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Aside from what tangible help Oooze might have supplied, someone had to explain to him why jetting off to Cancun while people in his state were freezing to death was "bad optics". I wonder how many times they had to explain it, were there crayons and finger puppets involved?

That ain't tone deaf, that's stone deaf

No kidding. It's absolutely amazing how completely and utterly out of touch many of these ****sticks are. And I don't even just mean out of touch with their constituents. Out of touch with reality and humanity. 

You're a leader in a state where millions are without power during a horrible cold wave and storm. People are literally freezing to death all over the state. It's a disaster. And because you and your family are cold you decide to jet off to Cancun while it's all going down...basically saying "so long suckers" while giving a middle finger over your shoulder. And you didn't know that it would be bad optics?

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

In all honesty, my wife has an attitude that is similar to Heidi Cruz's.  Any threat of CA wildfires, "Fergasun, let's just get away from this for awhile... it's not fun sitting at home waiting for a disaster.  We'll all have a fun vacation."  She's naturally wired as a traveler -- I'm not.  I'm a homebody.   Granted, we don't have the means to always be running off on vacation.   So while I'm giving him the Nelson Muntz "HA-HA", I know there are 3 fingers pointing back at me.  

In the same week that Rush Limbaugh died, we see a creature who benefited from Rush Limbaugh and his clones support killing the small bit of his Presidential aspirations.... 

57 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

In all honesty, my wife has an attitude that is similar to Heidi Cruz's.  Any threat of CA wildfires, "Fergasun, let's just get away from this for awhile... it's not fun sitting at home waiting for a disaster.  We'll all have a fun vacation."  She's naturally wired as a traveler -- I'm not.  I'm a homebody.   Granted, we don't have the means to always be running off on vacation.   So while I'm giving him the Nelson Muntz "HA-HA", I know there are 3 fingers pointing back at me.

You aren't a US Senator with both the office and connections to marshall a huge amount of resources and federal aid to help your state cope with the disaster it is facing, who has decided to shirk your responsibility for your personal comfort. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

A shining example of the Art of the Grift. Asshole has a gofundme to raise money to purchase blankets & pillows from himself.

I hope the money is from all those stupid ****s who supported the Insurrectionist in Chief. 

image.png.db46cccb3ca7d2efb1bba9a62f96832a.png

image.png.ed547ee888c508d9d9680b04dd0a9b9b.png

https://www.gofundme.com/f/standwithtexas-and-mike-lindell

Donate the stuff yourself, you cocaine addled ****wad.

• Like 4

Houston Police Chief Confirms Ted Cruz Requested Police Assistance for Departure to Cancun Vacation, Knocks Trip as ‘Tone Deaf’

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo confirmed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) requested police assistance at his city’s airport before departing on a quick trip to Cancun, Mexico, and knocked the timing of the Texas Republican’s aborted vacation.

During a Thursday evening interview with CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer, Acevedo explained the actions his officers are taking during the widespread power outages and then called out Cruz’s decision to flee the state for a family getaway.

“A quick question before I let you go, chief,” Blitzer said. “Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, he’s now back in Texas, in Houston, after a backlash over his decision to fly to Cancun with his family. You confirm the Houston police assisted with his departure yesterday. What’s your reaction to him taking to take a vacation when so many of his fellow Texans are struggling?”

Click on the link for the full article and video

• Jumbo changed the title to The Sewer that is the GOP now: With All the White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, and Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?
18 hours ago, tshile said:

Can someone explain to me what’s senators role is in a state emergency?

isn’t that a mayor/governor responsibility?

I think at minimum it's to advocate to make sure federal resources are organized if and when needed. Sometimes bureaucracies work slower than you want. I imagine a Senator can keep the foot pressed on the accelerator better from his office or by walking over to the appropriate executive office and screaming at folks. There might also be hidden budget monies, emergency resources, and tools that would only be activated if someone who knows the federal system knows to demand it.

On a smaller level, I would think that they would be able to work the phones to get resources moving from corporations, charities, and other groups as well. Heck, AOC apparently worked the phones to arrange millions in donations for Texas while Cruz was planning to vacation. So, as a Senator and as a private citizen, Cruz let Texas down.

Most importantly, if a state doesn't need their representatives during an emergency when would they actually need them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Jumbo changed the title to The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?