Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I don’t know. If he says Bud Light is bat piss, it could be because he is an easily manipulated MAGA dip**** or it could just be because Bud Light actually is bat piss.

There's no way they can avoid saying woke in this scenario. It's physically impossible. If they leave it at bat piss then they normal enough.

• Like 1

“Own the Libs” Is Gradually Morphing Into “Kill the Libs”

If Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gets his way, people who merely attend a protest that results in property damage will be prosecuted for felonies. Yelling at someone in a restaurant as part of such a protest will be a criminal offense. And a driver who kills demonstrators with his car will not be liable for their deaths, as long as he is “fleeing for safety from a mob.”

These are just a few of the policies proposed by DeSantis in a package meant to chill dissent and punish those in the streets demanding an end to racist police violence. Republican leaders in the Florida Legislature have promised to file the bill in 2021. By introducing it now, DeSantis clearly hopes to rile up Trump’s base in Florida, one of the most crucial swing states, with fears of black-clad cabals rampaging through their gated communities. But the specifics of the proposal are worth close consideration, because it represents a rising consensus among conservative leaders under Donald Trump: A governing ethos that once boiled down to “troll the libs” is steadily escalating toward “kill the libs.”

As my colleague Tom Scocca observed one year ago, Trump was elected as the ultimate expression of a political party more concerned with taunting and obstructing its opposition than with any specific governing agenda. Others have noted that, for decades, the driving principle behind the Republican project has been the conviction that people of color and their political allies are undeserving of full participation in American democracy. The push to shield those who murder protesters with their cars from criminal or civil liability, which Republican legislators have attempted to do in at least eight states, is a particularly gruesome offshoot of these two philosophies. It’s also not solving any problematic gap in the legal sphere: Property damage is already a criminal offense; self-defense is already an accepted legal defense for causing others harm. DeSantis and his peers are simply trying to create space within the law—or the perception of it—for their political supporters to kill their political opponents.

A few years ago, after Black Lives Matter demonstrators staged protests on highways and demonstrators blocked roads at Standing Rock, Republicans around the country proposed protections for people who drove their cars through crowds of protesters. James Alex Fields Jr., who killed Heather Heyer at a Charlottesville, Virginia, Unite the Right rally in 2017, may have been emboldened by these bills: According to a civil suit, before Fields drove his car into a crowd of demonstrators, one of the rally’s organizers falsely claimed that “driving over protesters blocking roadways isn’t an offense,” pointing to states that had considered such bills.

This hideous tactic of suppressing political dissent is spreading. This year, in the months since protests first erupted around the country after Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin killed George Floyd in May, two people have been killed by drivers who drove their cars through demonstrations. Dozens more have been hit. At one June protest in Memphis, Tennessee, two separate drivers, both of whom appear to have exhibited animosity toward protesters on social media, hit demonstrators within the span of one hour. The Sioux Rapids, Iowa, police chief called protesters “road bumps.” The Auxvasse, Missouri, police chief posted on Facebook, of protesters blocking roads, “You deserve to be run over. That will help cleanup the gene pool.” Officers in several other states have endorsed using cars to murder protesters.

Click on the link for more

"... I have to drive to at least five or six different precincts to cast my votes! Sometimes in different counties and even states!"

- Cleta Mitchell

"Cleta"
Middle name is probably "Hankette" or "Juneyer"

~Bang

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

"Just roll out of bed, vote, and roll back into bed..."

Suuuuuuuuure.....

I will say, though, that I am absolutely LOVING how the GOP continues to underestimate young voters as being too lazy to put in the political effort and too indoctrinated to understand what republicans are doing. 

• Like 1

A member of GOP leadership in the Tennessee House of Representatives was recently found guilty of sexually harassing at least one legislative intern, likely two, by an ethics subcommittee acting in secret, NewsChannel 5 Investigates has learned. 

Rep. Scotty Campbell, who serves as vice chair of the House Republican Caucus and who recently voted to expel three Democrats who engaged in a gun violence protest on the House floor, suffered no consequences as a result of his actions.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I’ve heard the convention of states brought up by right wingers. So, that’s a real thing.

Oh, it's been brought up, for decades. 

1). I can think of few things more terrifying. 

2). I used to be confident there's no way it gets ratified. But then it occurs to me that in terms of ratification, ND and SD count exactly as much as NY and CA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm not a conspiracy theory believer, but this came across as a bit more legit than most...

It isn't a conspiracy theory if it is subject to verification and factual proof. This is. Y'all ought to be scared. They are not kidding. 

• Like 2