Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Republican Who Called for Tree Hangings Removed from Justice Committee

Republican State Rep. Paul Sherrell is no longer on the Tennessee House’s Justice Committee after sparking outrage last month by calling for “hanging on a tree” as a method of capital punishment. In early March, the committee was discussing a bill to add new options for state executions when Sherrell said: “Could I put an amendment on that that would include hanging on a tree, also?” The lawmaker faced calls to resign in the wake of the suggestion, which was grimly reminiscent of the dark history of lynching in his state. 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

I have a fraternity brother named Tony Orlando. He was a roomie for a bit. Weird thing is that for being as vicious with jokes as we were, his name was never used for anything. I guess all attempts were lame. He was our T.O. before Terrell Owens was a thing,

His girl's name was Dawn? 

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Dems have been fighting back rather well over the past few months, both federally and at the state level...

While I like what the Dems are doing, I take issue with these clickbait titles.  "Walks away in shame..."  They have no shame.

• Thanks 1

West Virginia U.S. Congress candidate claims he was kicked off social media platform for free speech

A West Virginia candidate for the United States House of Representatives says he was kicked off a social media platform for free speech.

Derrick Evans says he made an account on the social media platform Tribel and was banned within 2 hours.

Evans, allegedly said, “Trans women are actually just men with a mental illness.”

After allegedly getting banned, Evans said in a tweet “so much for free speech.”

Also in the tweet, Evans said Tribel was a ‘libral’ social network and that the platform is ‘free speech for everyone’

Tribel responded to Evans:

Hello. Actually, we have never claimed that

‘@TribelOfficial is “free speech for everyone” — nor are we a “liberal” social network. Neo-nazis, bigots, homophobes, sexists, and racists who violate our terms of service don’t deserve “free speech” on Tribel. What they do deserve is a lifetime ban. If Twitter and Facebook had taken the same approach, our democracy wouldn’t be in such a precarious position — and Tribel wouldn’t be growing this quickly as a better, safer alternative to both of those networks. The community and vibe on Tribel is already way better because only true, intelligent, kind, and accepting content trends on Tribel. If that’s not your cup of tea, we suggest that you stay on Elon Musk’s Twitter.’

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, China said:

While I like what the Dems are doing, I take issue with these clickbait titles.  "Walks away in shame..."  They have no shame.

Youtube political videos are nothing but clickbait titles lol...one especially egregious example was something like "Hearing Witness DESTROYS Jim Jordan" (or whoever it was). And when I watched it, the witness basically said to Jordan or whoever, "I don't agree with that description"...and that's it lol.

Yeah the whole 'owned' thing in the political debates is nonsensical.  I've literally seen conservatives share the exact same clips of MTG/Boebert getting owned with the opposite take: "She asked a simple question and instead of answering the question, he/she dove into a bunch of science-y BS that nobody understands." 

From our perspective, these people are answering dumb questions with basic science.  From their perspective they totally nailed that scientist because he/she couldn't just say yes/no to, "can you authoritatively says with 100% certainty that drag queen book readings don't cause climate change?"