Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Something very strange is up, you don't fire someone with such a high position while he is on the other side of the country giving a speech unless you know something major is about to drop on your head.

It's obvious there is much more to this.

Well, this won't stop it.  If they thought there were leaks before, if they try to kill this investigation, it's gonna be crazy.

whereas i'm puzzled by the people who don't seem to get (or dismiss) it's the timing and the nonsensical/troubling way it's being justified/handled, and that in this case it's a guy under suspicion that's doing the firing... those are the  issues

i think it takes willful stupidity not to see that and fail to separate it from the fact the both sides, of course, have tried to have it both ways on comey over time, mainly because comey's actual behaviors set that back-n-forth  up quite nicely, not that partisans need any help

so yeah, the firing might be justified (and still debated) in an isolated box of "job performance",  and the hypocrisy on both sides over time can  be noted once again

and then people can be smart enough to see the other stuff whether they think trump's good or no good

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Everyone on both sides of the aisle wanted this guy fired and now that he is, the republic is in peril.  Again.  Tomorrow we'll be surely on our way to a dictatorship for some other reason.  I need an outrage supplement to keep up with this. 

Couldn't agree with you more. Much of the outrage surrounding this (and, frankly, most of what 45 does) is befuddling and highlights a desperately broken system.

So, just sayin'...we meet every second Saturday of the month. C'mon out. :-)

tumblr_msbtv9C2Uy1s7e5k5o1_1280.jpg

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Everyone on both sides of the aisle wanted this guy fired and now that he is, the republic is in peril.  Again.  Tomorrow we'll be surely on our way to a dictatorship for some other reason.  I need an outrage supplement to keep up with this. 

Really? You don't see any problem with the timing of this at all? Come on now.

7 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Couldn't agree with you more. Much of the outrage surrounding this (and, frankly, most of what 45 does) is befuddling and highlights a desperately broken system.

So, just sayin'...we meet every second Saturday of the month. C'mon out. :-)

lol 

"befuddling" ?

yall two are a trip 

We've officially reached the point where complaining about "outrage" is  as obnoxious as people freaking out over everything 

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

So Spicer's statement earlier was not just off-the-cuff.  Sounds like this is going to be a thing now, the "time to let it go" play.

Of course, that might be tough considering

|

|

\/

10 minutes ago, visionary said:

This is a big honking deal. 

1. There is a grand jury

2. They are issuing subpoenas at persons of interest.

Generally speaking, we'd expect indictments to follow at some point.

Also my boy David Gergen knows what the hell is up.

If anyone is qualified to make comparisons to Nixon and should be strongly heeded, it is the guy who served in 5 administrations, and got his start in the Nixon administration.

worth remembering imo--the idea of replacing comey had been percolating in the admin for months (for whatever reason you wish to pull)...and when the asst ag was confirmed, one of his initial tasks was to review comey with this and replacement candidates in mind (2 weeks ago) and trump stated he had started thinking about doing it a week ago....

also, this really may not (proper still to remain open-minded---anything's possible; suspicions unproven) be a cover-up conspiracy ya know, and just a stupidly-timed and real dumbly executed trump move

i mean the latter would always seem a safe bet

Remember that the firing happens as 1. Trump spokespeople repeatedly imply the investigation into Russia is over and everyone needs to move on from Trump/Russia, 2. subpoenas against Flynn associates, 3. the Russian foreign minister is in DC and will meet Tillerson and possibly Trump tomorrow.  

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

worth remembering imo--the idea of replacing comey had been percolating in the admin for months (for whatever reason you wish to pull)...and when the asst ag was confirmed, one of his initial tasks was to review comey with this and replacement candidates in mind (2 weeks ago) and trump stated he had started thinking about doing it a week ago....

also, this really may not (proper still to remain open-minded---anything's possible; suspicions unproven) be a cover-up conspiracy ya know, and just a stupidly-timed and real dumbly executed trump move

i mean the latter would always seem life a safe bet

Day after the Clapper and Yates testimony and right in front of Comey? Difficult to imagine stretching credulity that much.

You are correct that there are reasons to fire Comey. His judgment is flawed and his decisions certainly invite doubt as to his objectivity. However, the idea that Trump will be appointing someone to oversee the Trump investigation and the White House is already calling for it to be cancelled... well, let's just say I'm not flexible enough to be in Cirque du Soleil or to buy any part of that.

Moreover, if we look at the people Trump chose for his Cabinet, Trump has no problem with ethically damaged people. In fact, most of his picks were people who not only would be rejected under normal circumstances... they're people who would never have made the short list because of their flaws, conflicts of interest, and dubious histories.

For the "Time to let this go" crowd.   When it comes to an investigation of this magnitude, say Watergate?  The crime happened in 1972, and Nixon resigned from office in August of 1974, so it's not like there should be some expectation that this should be solved or dropped because Comey has been fired.   I mean, we could always look at how the Benghazi hearings were handled as a model?

Archived