Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

34 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

to everyone who says Trump fired Comey to stop/kill the Russia investigation: Thar might have been his reasoning but there is no way that's working. Firing comey just lights a candle up everyone who ain't a trump fan to find something nefarious. Plus, anyone working on the russian investigation is still doing it. Personally, i think trump did it for the lols.

I think he did it because he is cracking under pressure and can't think straight.

He doesn't realize putting the stuff about Comey saying he wasn't investigating him in the letter makes him look guilty, as does changing his Twitter header photo, as does firing Comey.

I'm pretty worried about what he will do as the pressure increases, and God help us if there is an international crisis.

I wouldn't be against a Constitutional amendment where, since the cabinet positions as well as FBI director are appointed with the "advise and consent of Congress" then their dismissal should fall under similar oversight. Yes, it could get very messy if we really needed to get a dirt bag out of office and we had the wrong kind of majority in Congress.

30 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I do. First rock fall that indicated the coming avalanche. Mind you, you had to be blind or stubborn to miss it.

I have a gut feeling that this is going to go the same way.  Something that just "happened" and we will talk about it again in 4 years among all the other things Trump has done that are shady as hell... when we are complaining about his second term.

Just to recap:

July 5, 2016:  Democrats universally praise Comey as being a man of honor and integrity beyond reproach after laying out framework to indite HRC but  then refuses to recommend her for indictment.  Republicans claim he is corrupt and should be fired immediately.  

Oct 28, 2016:. Comey comes out with a letter reopening HRC investigation, immediately gets slammed by Democrats who (Schummer and Pelosi) go bat**** crazy, demand he be fired immediately and has lost confidence of people and can't be trusted.  Republicans praise his courage and integrity.

Nov 8, 2016:. President Trump wins election (thank god) 

May 8, 2017:  Comey is fired, democrats are screaming scandal.  Seems they are just pissed he wasn't fired last year.

We have a broken government where both sides act like 5 yr olds on the playground and forget they are there to serve the people who elected them!  

All the democrats who can't get over the fact they lost because of a failed and corrupt candidate who couldn't connect with people and had ZERO message, shift blame to Comey.  Can't be because HRC sucked as a candidate, failed to campaign in Wisconcin, Michigan or Ohio and couldn't beat potentially the 2nd weakest Presidential candidate in the history of the US (HRC is by far THE weakest candidate ever)!  No, it's because of a letter Comey wrote to Congress.  SMH!  

Now, after it was clear Comey has lost confidence (keep cherry picking stories) of FBI and the President, he was fired.  Rightfully so, the minute he came out in July, 2016 and involved the FBI in the election, President Obama SHOULD have fired him then.  I'm surprised I don't hear that argument from democrats, since had he been fired then, you may have had the first woman president.  I for one, thank Pres Obama for it, that decision lost the White House to Donald Trump.  

27 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I think he did it because he is cracking under pressure and can't think straight.

He doesn't realize putting the stuff about Comey saying he wasn't investigating him in the letter makes him look guilty, as does changing his Twitter header photo, as does firing Comey.

I'm pretty worried about what he will do as the pressure increases, and God help us if there is an international crisis.

I think it's fairly obvious that something isn't right up in Donald's head.

This a completely deranged person. He's on another embarrassing tweet storm right now. 

Just completey unhinged.

4 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I think it's fairly obvious that something isn't right up in Donald's head.

This a completely deranged person. He's on another embarrassing tweet storm right now. 

Just completey unhinged.

This is a continuation of the same embarrassing tweetstorm he has been on for years, he just takes occasional breaks to go potty.

I am at a loss to understand how the Republicans are rationalizing this. There are people that I know, I like, even respect that have just leapt right off the cliff and are pretending it is the same thing as flying. They arrogantly dismiss any warnings from all those narrowminded people that still believe in gravity. It is stunning and I don't know what to make of it.

10 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

This is a continuation of the same embarrassing tweetstorm he has been on for years, he just takes occasional breaks to go potty.

I am at a loss to understand how the Republicans are rationalizing this. There are people that I know, I like, even respect that have just leapt right off the cliff and are pretending it is the same thing as flying. They arrogantly dismiss any warnings from all those narrowminded people that still believe in gravity. It is stunning and I don't know what to make of it.

Our nation has devolved over the past two (maybe a bit longer) decades into a zero sum game of partisan bull****tery.  It's not hard to understand the other side.  You just have to first accept that the driving force for everyone is the color of the jerseys.

I wonder what the role of the New York field office was in Comey's fall?  Late in the campaign it sounded like he was at odds with them.  Wonder if we're ever going to get the real story of what was going on in the FBI in the days before the election?

Anyway, Trump firing Comey at this time obviously makes it look like he's trying to perpetrate a cover up.  It shocks me that his administration could be blindsided by the ****storm the move would cause.  They're even dumber or more desperate than I thought.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Our nation has devolved over the past two (maybe a bit longer) decades into a zero sum game of partisan bull****tery.  It's not hard to understand the other side.  You just have to first accept that the driving force for everyone is the color of the jerseys.

I hear ya but really, is it that simple? That simplistic? Is everyone, or the vast majority, that willing to throw away their own common sense and existence to serve a banner? I find that very hard to accept. I genuinely do not feel I am that way, and I see enough from you to know that your brain is still in gear, what the living **** is going on that so many are not?

Hillary and associates running a satanic child-sex cult out of a D.C. pizza joint = hyper-partisan

Trump and associates beholden to foreign influence and ill-fit to represent the American people = common sense

Some folks' ego doesn't allow them to see the difference.  They wallow in denial.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wonder what the role of the New York field office was in Comey's fall?  Late in the campaign it sounded like he was at odds with them.  Wonder if we're ever going to get the real story of what was going on in the FBI in the days before the election?

Anyway, Trump firing Comey at this time obviously makes it look like he's trying to perpetrate a cover up.  It shocks me that his administration could be blindsided by the ****storm the move would cause.  They're even dumber or more desperate than I thought.

I was asking the other day who the unnamed sources were that were subverting Comey.

I agree if Trump didn't know this would turn up the heat he is a idiot.

1 hour ago, RedskinsMayne said:

to everyone who says Trump fired Comey to stop/kill the Russia investigation: Thar might have been his reasoning but there is no way that's working. Firing comey just lights a candle up everyone who ain't a trump fan to find something nefarious. Plus, anyone working on the russian investigation is still doing it. Personally, i think trump did it for the lols.

Trump and 'thinking things through' are two things that dont really go together though.  I give the administration zero credit for not thinking this would at minimum, seriously hinder the investigation. I think not going to jail supersedes trying to not LOOK like you're trying to not go to jail.

And all those people in the bureau working on the investigation do so at the behest of the director.  They're not calling their own shots if the new person  would want to get in the way.

And if the GOP Congress wants to change the rules and push through a Trump puppet, who knows what that person would do.

I think the Democrats are still committed to consistency and objective truth.  And I think that's either a result of most of their positions being overwhelmingly popular with the public, or a reason why they are so, even if their candidates aren't.  Republicans and conservative media have no such commitment to consistency or truth, their messaging is nothing more than propaganda.  They basically have to trick voters into supporting candidates who push an unpopular agenda.

Man, i wish i could live a life where the first thing I think would be the ONLY opinion i would hold, no matter what happened to indicate my first thought may have been premature or mistaken.

I have a feeling life would be a lot easier.

Well, except for the drool. That's bound to be messy.

~Bang

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the Democrats are still committed to consistency and objective truth.  And I think that's either a result of most of their positions being overwhelmingly popular with the public, or a reason why they are so, even if their candidates aren't.  Republicans and conservative media have no such commitment to consistency or truth, their messaging is nothing more than propaganda.  They basically have to trick voters into supporting candidates who push an unpopular agenda.

Is it "truth is popular" or "popular is truth"?  Either way this might be the 1st time this sentiment has been uttered outside of places like North Korea. 

18 minutes ago, twa said:

I was asking the other day who the unnamed sources were that were subverting Comey.

I agree if Trump didn't know this would turn up the heat he is a idiot.

Show me one D that called for the firing of Comey in the 48 hours precedi g his dismissal.  Good luck.

26 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I hear ya but really, is it that simple? That simplistic? Is everyone, or the vast majority, that willing to throw away their own common sense and existence to serve a banner? I find that very hard to accept. I genuinely do not feel I am that way, and I see enough from you to know that your brain is still in gear, what the living **** is going on that so many are not?

I think the overwhelming majority of people are not operating the protect their own banner.  They are operating to destroy the other one.  It's the difference between jealousy and envy.

And honestly, the politicians are the ones who bear the most responsibility for the current state of affairs.  They win no matter what, so constant chaos and battles only hurt the masses.  Never the politicians.

4 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I think the overwhelming majority of people are not operating the protect their own banner.  They are operating to destroy the other one.  It's the difference between jealousy and envy.

And honestly, the politicians are the ones who bear the most responsibility for the current state of affairs.  They win no matter what, so constant chaos and battles only hurt the masses.  Never the politicians.

Ok, accept that you're right, what do YOU think of that? Personally I find that to be a painful and depressing assessment of what we've become.

Just now, LD0506 said:

Ok, accept that you're right, what do YOU think of that? Personally I find that to be a painful and depressing assessment of what we've become.

I worked on the Hill in the early 90s.  It didnt take long for me to realize that the D vs R was a game set up by the Politicians to keep us occupied with BS while they raked in millions and made life better for their corporate overlords.

I've been cynical for decades.

It's depressing on the National level, but as the money has continued to increase exponentially, that same game is now played on the local level.  And THAT'S what really depresses me.

Archived