Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

Just now, Llevron said:

For what though?

My tin-foil theory is that Trump is going bananas. He seemed unhinged yesterday and his dismissal letter once again brings up the Russia investigation without even being prompted:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/09/trump-fires-fbi-director-james-comey/101485500/

"The president has accepted the recommendation of the Attorney General and the deputy Attorney General regarding the dismissal of the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation," Sean Spicer told reporters in the briefing room.

The firing came just after the FBI confirmed Comey provided erroneous testimony to a Senate panel about how Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin handled classified emails.

Here's my tinfoil guess. The FBI was getting close. Comey being caught lying about Clinton email gave Trump Administration cover/excuse for the firing. They hope to appoint a puppet/yes-man who will make it all go away.

WH is saying he was fired for his handling of the Clinton investigation that he concluded in July. 

So I guess the WH prefers that the official take be that:

We fired Comey because he made a judgement that we didn't like politically.

over

We fired Comey because he's overseeing an investigation that might implicate POTUS and/or his minions for colluding with a hostile foreign government.

Both are horrible looks.

Just now, Isifhan said:

Or about to grind to a halt. 

Nope, if there is smoke I'm sure that there are other reliable outlets to make sure that it's exposed. Now he's setting it up for Comey to expose his ass in a hearing.

Should be exciting.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Nope, if there is smoke I'm sure that there are other reliable outlets to make sure that it's exposed. Now he's setting it up for Comey to expose his ass in a hearing.

Should be exciting.

I'd love to believe this, but what exactly up to this point has given you that kind of optimism? GOP isn't doing anything but obstructing in their own right, while I wasn't a fan of Comey and I think he had his biases at least he was attempting to make it appear that he was impartial.  Let's see what lackey Trump inserts to the FBI. This is classic Authoritarian playbook. 

This will only intensify the heat on the WH. A large majority of the country already wanted an independent investigation into this.

What an absolutely dumb move politically. But this is usually how autocrats evade responsibility. 

This feels like the first true test of American institutions under an authoritative government run by a dictator-wanna-be.

Just now, Isifhan said:

I'd love to believe this, but what exactly up to this point has given you that kind of optimism? GOP isn't doing anything, while I wasn't a fan of Comey and I think he had his biases at least he was attempting to make it appear that he was impartial.  Let's see what lackey Trump inserts to the FBI. This is classic Authoritarian playbook. 

At this point he's making it impossible for an independent panel not to be involved. I am probably wrong, but I have faith that Congress has some integrity left.

I'm no Trump guy. Far from it. And it wouldn't surprise me if Trump did this for the shadiest of reasons.

But after yesterday, Comey had to go. The guy just couldn't stop stepping in it.

Just now, spjunkies said:

At this point he's making it impossible for an independent panel not to be involved. I am probably wrong, but I have faith that Congress has some integrity left.

Honest question because I do not know the answer - who makes the determination that there will be an independent panel? Because if it takes any input from the GOP I can't possibly see it happening. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

The aftermath of this will truly tell us just how much the GOP is willing to concede to this insane person. 

1 minute ago, Isifhan said:

Honest question because I do not know the answer - who makes the determination that there will be an independent panel? Because if it takes any input from the GOP I can't possibly see it happening. 

Paul Ryan I think. Which is why it ain't happening 

Archived