Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

1 minute ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Andre Chalupa is part of a group of twitterheads who supposedly have "sources" that say a lot of things, without any verification.

I would be very skeptical about things she (and others like her) say.

What I posted in the Trump and Cabinet thread.

If you love this Republic, time to start really badgering your Congressperson for an independent investigation and impeachment proceedings.

And if they refuse, vote them out in 2018. Make them pay the political price for not doing their job to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I'm sick of this **** and the Republicans. My Republican alderman grandfather would be appalled, and so should we all.

Added:  I don't know how anyone can support these traitors who are trying to take over the Republic. I consider all apologists as traitors too.

Signage:

Do your job! Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution of the United States

Impanel an independent committee to investigate the Russian Trump connection.

Investigate Trump family businesses for violating the Emollument Clause.

23 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Andre Chalupa is part of a group of twitterheads who supposedly have "sources" that say a lot of things, without any verification.

I would be very skeptical about things she (and others like her) say.

There's a guy, Claude Taylor, on twitter, who is similar.  He's pretty adamant that indictments are getting handed down very soon.

I don't follow him, but people I follow do and have retweeted him.

His story mirrors Chalupa's above.

I guess we'll see.  If indictments actually happen, then it will be tremendously difficult to avoid a special investigator.  But without such indictments, it basically falls to Congressional Republicans.

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Didn't Dems call for him to be fired?

Some did, not all, and it was mostly prior to January 20.  His handling of the Clinton matter with regards to Huma/Weiner was certainly problematic, but that's precisely the reason this firing AT THIS TIME is a major RED FLAG.

Trump is citing, as a reason for firing Comey, things which were known well before January 20th.  It's also nonsensical, because that mistake by Comey which Trump cites is likely the reason Trump is President in the first place.

Trump was perfectly happy with Comey relatively recently, like within the past couple weeks.  Now he's being fired for things he did that pre-date the last few weeks.

If that doesn't set off alarm bells in your head, you need a new head.

Kilmer's right, he SHOULD be fired for his prior conduct.. however, i think it is one hell of a stretch to believe that Trump's reasoning for firing him today is Comey's bungled ham handed efforts that all but handed him the election, as opposed to him investigating Trump's ties to Russia.

If the current investigation wasn't happening, he wouldn't have been fired.

and frankly, I think anyone who believes otherwise is infantile in their naivete.

~Bang

6 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I've accepted long ago that the Republic is dying fast.  Party is irrelevant. 

I'm okay with someone saying both parties stink. However, both parties are not remotely the same. In supervillain terms, the Democrats are Catwoman while the Republicans are Thanos.

21 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Didn't Dems call for him to be fired?

That's what makes this so suspicious. The time for Trump to can Comey for the reasons given was when he took office. He had lots of time to mull the implications of Comeys actions vis a vis Clinton before that. Now his campaign is under investigation and he suddenly has an epiphany that Clinton was treated badly? C'mon man.

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

That's what makes this so suspicious. The time for Trump to can Comey for the reasons given was when he took office. He had lots of time to mull the implications of Comeys actions vis a vis Clinton before that. Now his campaign is under investigation and he suddenly has an epiphany that Clinton was treated badly? C'mon man.

His campaign was under investigation back then as well.

No credit for letting the investigation continue I guess 

Archived