Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Montae Nicholson, S, Michigan State

TSO

2 hours ago, Wyndorf25 said:

I was so down on this pick and I'm a Spartan fan. I am completely blown away by his play at the pro-level. Keep showing out dude!

Do you think he just had a fat Rob-esque revelation after leaving school? He has all the allPro tools  but gee whiz he roamed the secondary like a stone cold Pro, his instincts and tackling is what impressed me the most! 

10 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Gotta get a new number for Montae.

35 is just so.... meh

Keith Griffin officially protests this.

I am a little surprised the Laiders didn't test him more deep, but suppose Carr and his OL was rattled and Del Rio likely dialed back the deep stuff.  I think the early INT may have been in play as well.

35 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I am a little surprised the Laiders didn't test him more deep, but suppose Carr and his OL was rattled and Del Rio likely dialed back the deep stuff.  I think the early INT may have been in play as well.

The game plan the Raiders used would have killed us in most years after 2009. Even over the first two games this year, we had made some critical tackling errors (the first TD by the Eagles for example).  We were getting pressure with just 4-5 guys, made no critical tackling errors, were swarming and even made some awesome tackles I wouldn't think we would have over the last several years (Preston Smith on Lynch for example).  Also, looking at the first two Raiders games, much of their game seems to be about forcing missed tackles.  Not including Sunday nights game, Carr had a yards per completion that was less than 11 and a longest of 39. Lynch, a player known in the past as a guy that gets yards after contact even when someone puts a good hit on him, was emerging as their primary back. There were many other running plays that were obviously designed to put their opponent in a bad position to even make a good tackle attempt

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

The game plan the Raiders used would have killed us in most years after 2009. Even over the first two games this year, we had made some critical tackling errors (the first TD by the Eagles for example).  We were getting pressure with just 4-5 guys, made no critical tackling errors, were swarming and even made some awesome tackles I wouldn't think we would have over the last several years (Preston Smith on Lynch for example).  Also, looking at the first two Raiders games, much of their game seems to be about forcing missed tackles.  Not including Sunday nights game, Carr had a yards per completion that was less than 11 and a longest of 39. Lynch, a player known in the past as a guy that gets yards after contact even when someone puts a good hit on him, was emerging as their primary back. There were many other running plays that were obviously designed to put their opponent in a bad position to even make a good tackle attempt

Great points.  The D really embraced the swarm to the ball mentality.  I think Reid is arguably even better at isolating guys.  Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar game plan this week.  

Evan Royster! He's a free agent if we need a back for a week. Fun fact: He is the younger brother of Cosmo's 2008 Virginia Bachelor Kyle Royster.

Ok back to reality.  We neeeeeed a DB thread. I'd make a thread but every one that I have ever made has crashed and burned and drops to page 2 faster than a Carr pass to Cooper.

The boys Norm Land Full Swear & Nickel sure seem to be balling.  Rain on the parade. Some may point out that a DB's job is much easier with an NFL grade front.

Yeah the tackling from this defense is what really stands out to me.  That and the improvement of Ioannidas and to a lesser extent Mason Foster.   This defense reminds me of Pettibone's defenses.  Nothing spectacular but they just got the guy on the ground and forced a punt.  I watched the game again last night, Matt Ioannidas is a freaking MAN.  He was pushing the pocket back, something we have lacked for decades, all night. 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:50 PM, skinzplay said:

Nice pick by Scot. :)

Actually, I give credit for the pick to Nicholson.

He was the one that made the pick on the field :)

On 9/25/2017 at 11:40 PM, Rogue Jedi said:

Gotta get a new number for Montae.

35 is just so.... meh

It only seems that way because no-one else has made it look good.

Why not be the first guy to make it look good ?

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Actually, I give credit for the pick to Nicholson.

He was the one that made the pick on the field :)

It only seems that way because no-one else has made it look good.

Why not be the first guy to make it look good ?

Hopefully, he plays so well throughout his career that he retires the number!!!

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah the tackling from this defense is what really stands out to me.  That and the improvement of Ioannidas and to a lesser extent Mason Foster.   This defense reminds me of Pettibone's defenses.  Nothing spectacular but they just got the guy on the ground and forced a punt.  I watched the game again last night, Matt Ioannidas is a freaking MAN.  He was pushing the pocket back, something we have lacked for decades, all night. 

Then that would make Ioannidas our Dave Butz!

I would love to see Ioannidas come up with a Spartan related Sack dance.  Every time I hear his name I think of King Leonidas.  Maybe where he pretends he's holding a shield and stabs with a javelin.  Of course, he'd probably get fined and penalized for that.  :(

Archived