Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like Mayock. I refuse to say he can't do the job.

But it's slightly troubling that all of the current candidates that we know of are tv personalities. I mean... there HAS to be SOMEONE in a front office that deserves a nod and mention as a candidate... so why are we only looking at TV guys?

And being a TV guy doesn't mean you can't be successful. Like I said, I like Mayock and I do think he could be viable if not very very good...

But it seems so...

For lack of a better term... 

Redskins.

:ols:

Just as they did with McCloughan, it seems that the Redskins have put themselves in a situation where they have to shop on the periphery of the candidate pool. They need to entice a talented guy with demons to give it a third shot. They need to appeal to a TV guy. Any legitimate GM-type who will realistically get a shot at being a GM isn't likely going to be interested in coming here. 

May**** is intriguing in at least that he's done a ton of homework on the draft and the NFL draft has been pretty much his entire professional life for a number of years. The big question is how well could a professional-fan do?

It's an idea designed to be applauded and ridiculed simultaneously. I do think whoever is the new GM must be able to reassemble his own front office. 

Doug Williams is not GM-caliber, I'm sorry. Love the guy and appreciate everything he's done as a player, positive role model, etc.................but he's no GM. And for the umpteenth time, let's stop the Pi Tampa Phi reunions. I'm sick of it, and it just doesn't yield any sustainably positive results.

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like Mayock. I refuse to say he can't do the job.

But it's slightly troubling that all of the current candidates that we know of are tv personalities. I mean... there HAS to be SOMEONE in a front office that deserves a nod and mention as a candidate... so why are we only looking at TV guys?

Because it would be considered tampering until after the draft.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If somebody gave him $4 Bills in cash, he would sell tomorrow.  Question is, who'd want to do that?  If I had $4 Billion, I would.  But I don't.  So I can't. 

If he would accept bit coins or Monopoly money, I might be able to pull it off. 

The FO has made strides last few years to be better and get better . I have no doubt that they would ever make a mistake that could damage/ hurt all the hard work and team they put together .  

Doug would be the worst hire in all of NFL history ..... even more so after that last interview he did .  The one that he said that "Black" backup Qbs do not get  a fair chance to start in the league. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000787530/article/doug-williams-backup-black-qbs-need-more-chances

The buddy system needs to be destroyed. Its landed "coke fiend i see ghost" Cerrato, Bruce "ruin dads legacy and name" Allen, Jay "my buddy not chucky" Gruden. Every time we get someone who has a strong personality and the right way to do things we let them go. They better get this crap show too produce flowers and farm food.

Hmm, seeing we're landing Pryor.

Y'know, the past week has been trying, but if we land Pryor, add Mayock as GM going forward, sign Kirk to a LTD and fire Bruce Allen, this offseason actually win't have been nearly as terrible as it started out looking like it was gonna be.

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If somebody gave him $4 Bills in cash, he would sell tomorrow.  Question is, who'd want to do that?  If I had $4 Billion, I would.  But I don't.  So I can't. 

If you could get 100,000 people to committ $40k that would get it done. Of course none of these people would pit that much money into it if there weren't dividends involved. If profits could be shared with the shareholders, and the shareholders choose a BOD, I'd definitely get in on that. I'd even considering taking a portion of my 401k out to cover that if  those dividends were there for life.  Hey, I can dream, right. :)

Archived