Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

3 hours ago, Bang said:

About 1996 or 1997 or so. I drove a delivery truck at the time, and saturdays SUCKED because where i drove there wasn't much i could get on the radio.  All you could get was the public radio jazz station from across the bay, or WJFK.

I think he did boxing for a while on HBO, am i right?

~Bang

I drive north of germantown and I lose jfk. It's a mess. 

And yes, he did do boxing for awhile. 

3 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Gotta say I just love that Tina Fey gif. So appropriate right now. But then Scar.... I mean... and......

lost my train of thought. What were we talking about? Boobs?

It took me about seven minutes to get through your post because I kept looking up in the middle of reading lol...

It's times like this I can only remember the NBA forcing the Clippers to be sold and kind of wish there was a way to get a new owner for the Redskins.

As for why McCloughlan was fired, I couldn't even begin to guess what the truth is. Reading this thread just has my head spinning in circles. Everyone makes good points all across the spectrum of views.

Dan Snyder just can't get out of his own way. He doesn't know how to set aside his inner control freak to win the championship he so badly wants, but doesn't have the fortitude to do what's right in order to get it.

I was just reading an article that mentioned that the Shanahans also left with negative leaks and it's like that reflects negatively on the Skins.  And I just figured out why that kind of narrative grates on me so much.

So the media is constantly looking for negative news and people generally believe the leaks and often treat them as true.  So that means their only issue is that they were said

12 hours ago, tshile said:

Just to add - having a heavy anti-redskins-bias in the media is nothing if not wholly justified. I remember, years ago on another redskins forum, responding in threads about how unfair/ridiculous/bs it was that the national football analysts (pre game shows, power rankings, espn, nfl network, cbs, etc) would constantly

I say that as someone who's stuck his neck out on a significantly smaller level, friends family and message boards (I was defending the redskins when this story broke for days, talking about how it was absurd everyone was demanding a death in the family be handled in 2 weeks, now I look like a ****ing idiot), and been burned for it time and time and time again.

I'm embarrassed around family and coworkers right now. They all know how big of a fan I am. They all know I have season tickets. I just bought a new truck, it's burgundy red, my wife thinks I took a not-so-good deal because I wanted redskins colors. My mother-in-law said, upon first seeing it the other week, "nice redskins truck." My co worker who doesn't know dick about sports and just started asked me what I thought of the redskins ordeal. I don't even think she knows when football season starts and stops.

edit

Now i'm just ranting. Sorry.

There is nothing wrong with not getting so jaded that you can't see the humanity of a situation. All anyone was saying is let's see what has actually happened before grabbing the pitchforks. When I get so jaded over a ****ing football team that I can't see some level of humanity it's time to find another hobby.

While true the team could have handled this better - Scot owns this too. He was given a chance to show he could control himself and he could not. To say they should have never given him a chance is revisionist history as almost to a person people were very excited about the hire. And despite his eventual drinking problems he did a decent job. He especially helped build the back-end of the roster. Look at STs and how much better it's been. That is getting better quality depth. I truly hope he can get the right help and get back to football. He has a great skill and clearly has a passion for the game. It would be a shame if he doesn't find a way to get back into the game.

But let's not forget, he left Redskins Park and decided not to go to the combine. The team did not send him away. Did they run him off? I am sure you could argue that. But if so, then just leave the team and say why. He said it was due to a death in the family. The team supported that reasoning. How is that wrong?

8 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

You might be genuinely surprised. It's amazing how eerily similar my life has been to Costanza.

Costanza was based on Larry David's life.

Monk says life is eerily similar to Costanza's life.

Monk is Larry David.

Q.E.D.

The best way to ride out this situation with Cousins right now is to keep Allen out of negotiations.

Snyder should have a "mafia-type" sit down with Cousins(his agent), the front office next up salary-cap guru among Campbell, Santos, or Williams(?) and hash out a LTD. 

18 hours ago, Bang said:

I like Larry, too.  He's a homer, but that's OK, he's the "Voice of the Redskins". of which i think he does a pretty decent job. People act like he's just some propagandist sometimes, and jeez, lighten up. it's a football team and this is fan #1.

He used to have a show on saturday afternoons in the springtime and summer on WJFK I think. About 1996 or 1997 or so. I drove a delivery truck at the time, and saturdays SUCKED because where i drove there wasn't much i could get on the radio.  All you could get was the public radio jazz station from across the bay, or WJFK.. which had gardening and other boring crap all morning.. then 1 o;clock came along and there was this Redskins show with Larry Michael. it wasn't like it is now, where you can get redskins talk anytime you wanted, especially on saturdays in spring/summer.

it was obvious he was a fan and he did this show on his own. It was a good show, had a good solid pep feel to it.  and it helped make my day on those Saturdays. I'm glad he's gotten to where he is.

I think he did boxing for a while on HBO, am i right?

~Bang

He's a Sr, VP there. He and Wylie have been crafting and messing up the communications and PR for a long time now. Yeah, I think his show on CSN stinks and looks like an 80's cable access program. I want anybody touching the front office in a way that faced the public....gone. Is this going to be Sonny's last year? Is he doing anything this year? Need reboot the whole radio broadcast. 2 guys in the book and somebody on the sideline that checks in once a quarter or when there is an injury. Not having Doc with a live mic the entire game to yell nicknames.

Mentioned this on twitter. If Snyder wants to rebuild his image. Then he needs to look outside the org for help. Personally, I think a guy like Paul Tagliabue would be perfect. He's a Skins fan. He's older and wouldn't likely wanted daily dealings. But he's fondly remembered around the league...especially compared to Goodell. I would trust him to be able to take a Sr. Consulting role and help Snyder pick a new Team President....a New GM.....a new President of Business Operations......a new Senior Vice President, Communications......a new Chief Content Officer/Senior Vice President. Then just let them work.

Archived