Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

2 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

The only real good guy here is Jay Gruden.  Which was the Redskin's smartest move in trying to sign Kir(k) to a LTD.  And i think that even penny pincher Bruce has no choice now but to get a deal done.  That is the only way he survives the fallout. 

It was a genius move by the Cousin's camp to tie Bruce to Kirk not wanting to sign a deal. Painted Bruce in a corner. He has to get a deal done.

7 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Jason Cole is Scot's mouthpiece.  Don't see why he would lie about it.  Jason Cole was also on the radio with Sheehan and Cooley bad mouthing Kirk.  Not saying he was garbage but something to the effect that Kirk was not worth top QB money.  Still doesn't let Bruce Allen off the hook.  He can't even get his name right.  Called him Kurt 3 times at the senior bowl. 

The only real good guy here is Jay Gruden.  Which was the Redskin's smartest move in trying to sign Kir(k) to a LTD.  And i think that even penny pincher Bruce has no choice now but to get a deal done.  That is the only way he survives the fallout. 

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1660072-mccloughan-speaks-gut-calls-cousins-deal

i think we can all agree that the FO ****ed up last year as that is what Kirk was worth thanks to the stupid Texans (apparently every thing in Texas has to be big...lol). This year the price goes up and Kirk wants to get his share of the %. Whether Kirk is worth it or not is now irrelevant. Too late now. I am just at the point, who cares who did what in the FO. Just give Kirk the LTD and move the focus back to the others players on the team and the upcoming draft!

8 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Jason Cole is Scot's mouthpiece.  Don't see why he would lie about it.  Jason Cole was also on the radio with Sheehan and Cooley bad mouthing Kirk.  Not saying he was garbage but something to the effect that Kirk was not worth top QB money.  Still doesn't let Bruce Allen off the hook.  He can't even get his name right.  Called him Kurt 3 times at the senior bowl. 

http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1660072-mccloughan-speaks-gut-calls-cousins-deal

Don't see why Jason Cole should be trusted over Mike Jones and others.  If the point is no source has the definitive take, I'd agree with it.  My thought on Kirk is there is plenty of smoke that Bruce is the issue.  Heck who knows maybe Bruce and Scot were both the issue?  And I agree the one person where the stories perfectly align on as to Kirk is Jay, we always hear he's pounding the table for him.

My take is I just don't see how this is an abstract debate anymore.  We can't say Bruce is all in on Kirk when he's held the reigns for weeks now and hasn't gotten it done and the stories have gotten way worse not better as to Kirk wanting to stay/go.  I am not going to say Bruce is all in on Kirk until I hear Kirk signed a deal or that Kirk turned down a fair market deal.  Right now in my book Bruce is proving until we hear otherwise that he's part of the problem with Kirk.

Dude walks in to a McDonald's job interview. He is known as the best burger flipper there is but he has been fired twice for getting too drunk on the job. This time he promises it won't happen again, but it does. So he is fired despite doing a stellar job at flipping burgers. Who is to blame? The manager that gave him his third chance despite knowing the risk of relapse or the burger master who can't kick the habit but loves his craft. Alcoholism is a real ****. There usually is no future in it.   

17 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Jason Cole is Scot's mouthpiece. See the exclusive and rare interview below.  Don't see why Jason would lie about it.  Jason Cole was also on the radio with Sheehan and Cooley bad mouthing Kirk.  Not saying he was garbage but something to the effect that Kirk was not worth top QB money.  (Mike Jones admitted that SM felt that way in his interview with Sheehan last week) Still doesn't let Bruce Allen off the hook.  He can't even get his name right.  Called him Kurt 3 times at the senior bowl. 

The only real good guy here is Jay Gruden.  Which was the Redskin's smartest move (extending him) in trying to sign Kir(k) to a LTD.  And i think that even penny pincher Bruce has no choice now but to get a deal done.  That is the only way he survives the fallout. 

great points TR...

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It was a genius move by the Cousin's camp to tie Bruce to Kirk not wanting to sign a deal. Painted Bruce in a corner. He has to get a deal done.

Heck if so I'd love it.  Not only is Kirk wanting to stay (unlike the reports that say otherwise) his camp will resort to machivillian tactics to force the Redskins hands to keep him.  That would be a turnabout I'd love. :)  Hard for me to believe, though.  

But I do believe a different twist to this could be in play.  If Bruce was indeed vacillating on Kirk or reluctant to meet his price.  Now that he's in the eye of the hurricane of the Kirk/Scot story -- I think he's boxed in PR wise where he needs now to get the deal done.   I've said when this story broke the one upside to me of all the fallout is I think should increase the chances they resign Kirk because it puts Bruce on the spot versus being in the shadows.   

How would Bruce come out fallout wise if Kirk doesn't sign?  He can't go it wasn't me its Scot's fault.  He can't easily get away with hey I really wanted Kirk, he just didn't want to stay!  When you got multiple sources saying Bruce has been the obstacle. If Kirk doesn't resign the proof would be in the pudding.   Then if you trade him to Kyle of all people and the Shannys end up getting the last laugh.  Wow.   Also, imagine if Kirk's gone and Colt stinks?  This is a potential PR catastrophe for Bruce/Danny.    I think and hope it forces their hand.  

OK, so a bunch of people asked me to do a cartoon abut this Redskins mess, and i dont have any time, but i told them we'd have some fun with it in the podcast. 

So, click the sig below, listen to the first minute of the show.

Remember, it's not for work or kids.
if you want to listen to the rest, have fun.

/shamelessPlug

~Bang

20 minutes ago, JPG said:

I just feel like I wasted my time reading that. Is he insinuating that we would bring Griffin back? That would be most absurd suggestion I have heard so far.

That wasn't the point of the article, I think that was just Russell having fun-borderline making a joke.  What I found interesting (if its true) AJ Smith and Scot and Bruce and how those dynamics played out as to Scot becoming the next GM.   And as for Smith according to Russell he wasn't enough of an agreeable/yes man for Danny.   

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How would Bruce come out fallout wise if Kirk doesn't sign?  He can't go it wasn't me its Scot's fault.  Hey can't easily get away with hey I really wanted Kirk, he just didn't want to stay!  When you got multiple sources saying Bruce has been the obstacle. If Kirk doesn't resign the proof would be in the pudding.   Then if you trade him to Kyle of all people and the Shannys end up getting the last laugh.  Wow.   Also, imagine if Kirk's gone and Colt stinks?  This is a potential PR catastrophe for Bruce/Danny.    I think and hope it forces their hand.  

Ah, Bruce is a smart guy though so back in January he said on XM, " “Yeah. Kirk is our quarterback,” Allen said. “He’s played well the last two years. I know there’s other speculation, but it doesn’t come from the Redskins."

So far Bruce has held up his side. Let's see how Kirk's camp responds to that. The waiting game and the mind torture begins...lol

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Ah, Bruce is a smart guy though so back in January he said on XM, " “Yeah. Kirk is our quarterback,” Allen said. “He’s played well the last two years. I know there’s other speculation, but it doesn’t come from the Redskins."

So far Bruce has held up his side. Let's see how Kirk's camp responds to that. The waiting game and the mind torture begins...lol

Yeah I am aware of what Bruce has said publicly.  I don't think that's him holding his end of the bargain.  It's about getting a deal done. 

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

What has Bruce held up his side of? 

Use the franchise tag number of $24M/year as the basis of a contract offer, and then he can say the ball is in Kirk's court. 

Allen is to blame right now, he's in charge. Until he makes that offer and Kirk rejects it, it will always be Allen's fault that there is no LTD. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That wasn't the point of the article, I think that was just Russell having fun-borderline making a joke.  What I found interesting (if its true) AJ Smith and Scot and Bruce and how those dynamics played out as to Scot becoming the next GM.   And as for Smith according to Russell he wasn't enough of an agreeable/yes man for Danny.   

It is interesting reading about how some of these oast events came to be if true which is hard to prove at times.

I read an article about Kirk being drafted. He got a call draft day and basically told Shanny are you sure you want to draft me? He never wanted to be here and deal with our circus and the RG3 circus. He definitely still has resentment over all that. 

There is a part of me that thinks money has nothing to do with it at this point. And if it is over a couple mil per yer or him wanting to get all he can than he can go.

30 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Dude walks in to a McDonald's job interview. He is known as the best burger flipper there is but he has been fired twice for getting too drunk on the job. This time he promises it won't happen again, but it does. So he is fired despite doing a stellar job at flipping burgers. Who is to blame? The manager that gave him his third chance despite knowing the risk of relapse or the burger master who can't kick the habit but loves his craft. Alcoholism is a real ****. There usually is no future in it.   

Man, if you think there's a craft to flipping burgers at McDonald's and think that you need to be a "burger master" to work there, I wonder if you're the one with the drinking problem.

;)

Until Kirk gets the offer he's asking for, you will never prove he has "resentment" or that it's about more than money for him. Offer him what they've said it would take or STFU about whose fault it is that he isn't signing a LTD. Until then it's all just hot air and lowball offers.

2 minutes ago, JPG said:

It is interesting reading about how some of these oast events came to be if true which is hard to prove at times.

I read an article about Kirk being drafted. He got a call draft day and basically told Shanny are you sure you want to draft me? He never wanted to be here and deal with our circus and the RG3 circus. He definitely still has resentment over all that. 

There is a part of me that thinks money has nothing to do with it at this point. And if it is over a couple mil per yer or him wanting to get all he can than he can go.

When your a 4th round draft pick your not intitled to opinions.

7 minutes ago, JPG said:

Maybe so but I'll start believing that Kirk won't accept a fair market deal to stay when I hear he was offered one.  

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Until Kirk gets the offer he's asking for, you will never prove he has "resentment" or that it's about more than money for him. Offer him what they've said it would take or STFU about whose fault it is that he isn't signing a LTD. Until then it's all just hot air and lowball offers.

How do you know he hasn't been offered that? Chill out. It's all speculation on all different types fronts right now.

12 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

When your a 4th round draft pick your not intitled to opinions.

For some reason I think of Tom Brady but I don't buy the fact that a number in the draft changes how a oerson views themself. I know it doesn't matter to the team.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe so but I'll start believing that Kirk won't accept a fair market deal to stay when I hear he was offered one.  

I agree. Anybody who acts like they know for sure what is goinh is being idiotic at this point.

We will know the MOMENT he is offered $24M/year if it happens. Because then the pressure shifts to his camp to take it, depending on guarantees. That's obvious. We haven't heard about it, with all this negative pub around Allen? Means it hasn't happened.

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

LOL. Good for you for missing the point.

No, your point was a good one.  

It's just frustrating that this thing was ****ed since jumpstreet.  Hire Scot but don't let him bring his scouts in.  Essentially not let him do what he's best at, what you brought him in for.  Bruce controlling with the power.

Yeah, Scot had some alcohol problems but everyone knew that going in and the team should have been prepared to help him in any way they could.  Your analogy was a decent one but where it's flawed is that the burger flipper at McD's can easily be replaced.  Scot is one of a handful and arguably the very best at what he does.  The tolerance for the issue should be way higher in his case.

I'm still bummed by this whole thing.  Signing Terrelle Pryor was nice but I don't think he's a good enough replacement for Garcon.  I'm not advocating drafting John Ross but if we did we'd have a poor man's version of Garcon/DJax for this season at a cheaper rate.

At this point, I'm just rambling.  I'm so tired of seeing this team just constantly screw up, especially when we all thought this was headed in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We will know the MOMENT he is offered $24M/year if it happens. Because then the pressure shifts to his camp to take it, depending on guarantees. That's obvious. We haven't heard about it, with all this negative pub around Allen? Means it hasn't happened.

I'll take your word for it because you're so damn adamant  about it and I kind of get what you are saying. I'm just not sure it would  be something that comes out right after a deal is offered because of how sensitive the situation has become.

8 minutes ago, JPG said:

How do you know he hasn't been offered that? Chill out. It's all speculation on all different types fronts right now.

Not sure what @ConnSKINS26 has to "chill out" about. I think that's exactly what they were saying. People are all over the place trying to place blame where there really isn't any. I know people want a deal done. But just because it's not does not mean anything is wrong. It's Bruce's job to keep costs in line. If he just rolls over at the first number, he is not doing his job.

It's like buying a car or a house. Do you tell the other party what your are willing to pay right away? No. Because the other side will always want more. So you hit them low. They hit you high. It goes back and forth until you either get a deal or you walk away. Despite the rhetoric no one has walked away yet.

Until July 15th comes and goes and there is no deal, as stated it's all hot air and low ball offers.

24 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

LOL. Good for you for missing the point.

I remember when flipping a burger at McD was an art. Then they replaced the grills with clam shell grills and in 42 seconds you would get a burger patty ready and in 108 seconds the 1/4 pounder patty. Damn, I can't believe I still remember the seconds from 27 years ago. Good times. 

So these days no flipping of burgers is required so Scot would be drunk up his ass....lol

I got your point just making some fun. And remembering the good ol' days.  :) 

Archived