Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Some people here have believed that Cousins has wanted out since 2013 or 2014 because of sitting behind RG3. Anyone who believed that then obviously still believes it now. Same with people on the other side. You either think Cousins has a grudge or you don't.

Me, I think he's just waiting for us to stop ****-footing around and offer him what he's ALWAYS been looking for: a LTD based on the amount of the franchise tag. It was the same story last year as this year.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Some people here have believed that Cousins has wanted out since 2013 or 2014 because of sitting behind RG3. Anyone who believed that then obviously still believes it now. Same with people on the other side. You either think Cousins has a grudge or you don't.

Me, I think he's just waiting for us to stop ****-footing around and offer him what he's ALWAYS been looking for: a LTD based on the amount of the franchise tag. It was the same story last year as this year.

That's were I was 2 days ago. Now, I seriously doubt Kirk wants to be here at all. Ahh, what a difference 2 days can make.

1 hour ago, Stoox said:

Mirrors what my take is:

http://www.gq.com/story/redskin-dan-snyder-fired-gm-new-low

Eighteen months. Eighteen f'n months. You're telling me that the Skins hired an alcoholic and let him run rampant for 3/4ths of his tenure before suddenly coming to their senses at the worst possible time? BS.

Magary, Freeman, Wise, JLC, with references to "defending the team name" too ridicule people supporting a narrative counter to theirs.

Add in Paulsen and Russell, and a few others, and you have a complete anti-redskins-media circle jerk.

I'm having a hard time not thinking the redskins did a smear campaign because, well, that's what the Snyder era redskins do... it just is. The options are: Business as usual, or Snyder actually got it right and is just suffering for his past evilness. Sure, the later is possible and entirely likely, but there's a benefit of the doubt required that that they just don't deserve.

That said - that's a group of people that just flat out cannot be trusted with their "information" either.

(though his line about 18 months of letting it go and now they've had enough is a good one)

so was this one:

Oh wow, turns out the people still in charge were the actual masterminds of the team's resurgence! FANCY THAT

I will add that I know someone, who I trust, who has super bowl rings, who was once offered a key job on the team (not key like OC/DC/HC, or GM, key as in a pretty high up job within the organization, which there are a lot of away from one that is standing on the field on game day) and he wanted to take it. He was a life long fan, the man has super bowl rings. Redskins super bowl rings. Plural. i've held them. He's a smart and honest guy.

But he didn't take the job, and when my jaw dropped as he told me he declined, he pulled out a paper and pen and started writing down the names of all the people in the position before him, under Snyder, and how long they had stayed. No one was more than 2 years before being fired.  Some of them weren't good, but plenty of them were and didn't deserve to be fired; yet they were. Good people, smart people. He said he couldn't afford to give up a job he was set in, for a job that would be over in 2 years no matter how well he did.

What made me think of that was the end of the article about no one with any sense would work for the organization, Magary calls it a "viper pit." So as much as I recognize he loves grinding his axe against the team and has done it for years and always will, I also know there's truth in it. I know an honest, hard working, bright man who's been a life long fan of the team, that turned down a dream job simply because he was all too aware of what it means to work for Snyder.

Take away from that whatever you want to.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that i don't believe you, but how does a Redskins fan that never worked for the team have Redskins Super Bowl rings?

I was interpreting that as a former player 

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Magary, Freeman, Wise, JLC, with references to "defending the team name" too ridicule people supporting a narrative counter to theirs.

Add in Paulsen and Russell, and a few others, and you have a complete anti-redskins-media circle jerk.

That said - that's a group of people that just flat out cannot be trusted with their "information" either.

Just because people disagree with you or me on the name, or because they find the organization worthy of ridicule (which doesn't seem so crazy to me) doesn't make them liars.

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Just because people disagree with you or me on the name, or because they find the organization worthy of ridicule (which doesn't seem so crazy to me) doesn't make them liars.

Absolutely.

But unless you enjoy echo chambers, it's important to recognize agendas.

Which in a way is what magary is doing I suppose ;)

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that i don't believe you, but how does a Redskins fan that never worked for the team have Redskins Super Bowl rings?

I didn't say he never worked for the team.

I said he declined a dream job.

I also didn't say he never worked for Snyder.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ok rereading my post I get how the end came across "knows all to well what it means to work for Snyder" and why you'd ask that.

So a quick add:

The Redskins, and Snyder in general, employ a lot of people. There are positions that are subject to more scrutiny than others, positions that are treated differently. There are plenty of good people that have worked for the team and/or the owner for decades, that have dodged the toxic culture simple by virtue of being low enough on the totem pole. Likewise there are bad/incompetent people that have dodged it for the same reasons - same is true of every big time organization.

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was interpreting that as a former player 

No, though plenty of them live here or have. I watched Joe jacoby drop his subway sandwich one time and struggle to pick it up with his baseball-mit-sized hands because his fingers wouldn't bend.

But I am no so lucky to have been close aquantences with any Redskins players.

Lots of people get rings when an organization wins a super bowl.

@Rufus T Firefly

Just to add - having a heavy anti-redskins-bias in the media is nothing if not wholly justified. I remember, years ago on another redskins forum, responding in threads about how unfair/ridiculous/bs it was that the national football analysts (pre game shows, power rankings, espn, nfl network, cbs, etc) would constantly dog the redskins and never give us a chance. I would say something along the lines of:

Why wouldn't they? Over the past X years the smart money has been against the redskins, because even though you will be wrong in a given year/week/game/whatever, over the long haul history tells you you'll be right. Know what history says about the guy that ardently sticks up for the redskins? You get exposed as a know-nothing.

If i was in the business of national commentary on football I'd be anti-redskins too - if you can last over any significant period of time you'll be on the right side of things, so says the last 25 years. Sticking your neck out for this organization is dumb.

I say that as someone who's stuck his neck out on a significantly smaller level, friends family and message boards (I was defending the redskins when this story broke for days, talking about how it was absurd everyone was demanding a death in the family be handled in 2 weeks, now I look like a ****ing idiot), and been burned for it time and time and time again.

I'm embarrassed around family and coworkers right now. They all know how big of a fan I am. They all know I have season tickets. I just bought a new truck, it's burgundy red, my wife thinks I took a not-so-good deal because I wanted redskins colors. My mother-in-law said, upon first seeing it the other week, "nice redskins truck." My co worker who doesn't know dick about sports and just started asked me what I thought of the redskins ordeal. I don't even think she knows when football season starts and stops.

I've defended the team in the "suing season ticket holders" bull**** story, and still do, because it's still bull****.

This situation sucks. Redskins are part of my family, i grew up on them, tickets with this team since 63, i display them and the rest of my memorabilia proudly. I have a stub from the last game at RFK, it's my most prized redskins possession.  I want to give the team the benefit of the doubt - SM had alcohol problems. they tried to handle it appropriately, but the media wouldn't let them. I want  to believe that.

But god damnit i'm tired of looking like the buffoon.

Now i'm just ranting. Sorry.

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

@Rufus T Firefly

Edit for length

Now i'm just ranting. Sorry.

Word.

I was up until yesterday, telling people to calm down with all the conspiracy theories being pushed out with no evidence. Now.........I feel betrayed. i don't really feel anything, but numbness, but not just what, but how the SM thing was handled just......sticks in my craw as very, very wrong. I'm not sure where I will be after all this, but I do know how I feel about this team has changed. And not in a good way.

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

i don't really feel anything, but numbness

Yup. I said it in another thread. I feel depressed, but I know it's not depression.

It's apathy.

The soul sucking for me started with 2013 and the Griffin saga, when i realized dude couldn't play and I was wrong (holy crap did you have to defend Griffin in 2012, and it felt right at the time to me.)

It is complete. I have no redskins-soul left. It's gone. The team might have even done the right thing this time, it's a possibility. But 18 years of this has just been crammed into the past 4 days and it's just...

it's:

That's how i feel right now.

56 minutes ago, tshile said:

Absolutely.

But unless you enjoy echo chambers, it's important to recognize agendas.

Well, you say "absolutely", but the point of what I was quoting was you implying that certain people can't be trusted because you disagree with them on certain topics.

I, too, was annoyed by the talk of "Redskins' racist nickname" in that article, but it didn't change how I viewed any of the info in it.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Well, you say "absolutely", but the point of what I was quoting was you implying that certain people can't be trusted because you disagree with them on certain topics.

I, too, was annoyed by the talk of "Redskins' racist nickname" in that article, but it didn't change how I viewed any of the info in it.

You're right. My subsequent posts intended to say that, but in case it wasn't clear because i started ranting: you're right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, just to point out that they are classically anti-redskins (and as I said - with good reason.)

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

You're right. My subsequent posts intended to say that, but in case it wasn't clear because i started ranting: you're right. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, just to point out that they are classically anti-redskins (and as I said - with good reason.)

I don't even get why you'd be ranting. Nothing even slightly troubling has happened recently. 

raw

Archived