Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/03/10/bye-bye-bruce-vinny-cerrato-predicts-the-end-could-be-near-for-bruce-allen/?tid=sm_tw_ps&utm_term=.b1682445db3d

Former Redskins executive Vinny Cerrato predicted the end is near for Bruce Allen.

“If getting rid of Bruce Allen takes away the negative publicity, it would not shock me,” the former vice president of football operations said on Friday during his show on Baltimore’s 105.7 The Fan.

“A lot of the reason why I got fired, there was a lot of negative stuff going on,” Cerrato added, referring to when he was urged to resign in 2009 following a string of dismal Redskins seasons. The team’s poor record brought scrutiny to the team, and specifically onto owner Daniel Snyder, who Cerrato said Friday does not like negative publicity.

“How did Dan take the media off of him?” Cerrato asked. “By firing me and bringing on Bruce.”

Cerrato added: “Now, if his name wasn’t ‘Allen’ I think he’d have been gone [already].”....

Under the younger Allen’s front-office control, however, the team hasn’t been nearly as good. Since he came on, Washington has finished last in the NFC East five times. Piled on top of the losing record now sits controversy pertaining to recently fired General Manager Scot McCloughan, as well as something of an exodus of the team’s top players, including star receivers DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon and defensive tackle Chris Baker.

Cerrato added on Friday that’s far more bad publicity than he ever brought to the team.

“The heat is the hottest it’s ever been,” Cerrato said. “Since Dan’s owned the team, this is the worst it’s ever been.

“If you’re an owner — and got partners … — if people are canceling tickets and doing all that and if getting rid of Bruce Allen solves all that? Bye bye, Bruce.”

40 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Public buyout of the team, GB Packers style. 

Hmmmm.  The problem is, I'm not sure there are 100,000 people willing to pay $40k.  Though, there might be some willing to pay more, and some willing to pay less, to average it out. 

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Yeah, **** that!!!  The amount of people on this board, arguing about who knows more about football, now multiply that by 100,000.......no thanks!  There would be more arguing about who knows more than actually anything getting done, not to mention, it would just be a version of DS multiplied by 100,000.

OK, where do I need to send my $40K to?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/03/10/bye-bye-bruce-vinny-cerrato-predicts-the-end-could-be-near-for-bruce-allen/?tid=sm_tw_ps&utm_term=.b1682445db3d

“If you’re an owner — and got partners … — if people are canceling tickets and doing all that and if getting rid of Bruce Allen solves all that? Bye bye, Bruce.”

Oh if only....and when Cerrato says it, it must be bad.  But what are the chances that happens (if at all) before the draft?  Probably slim I would say and by then, depending on how we draft, all the turmoil will have died down....

19 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Where has there been any reports of Allen getting fired.

The guy isn't going anywhere.

And now Kirk won't sign a LTD with him here.

So both of those things probably won't happen. Which means this off-season is still a disaster.

Pryor will probably be gone next year as well.

IF and I say IF the Skins WIN and WIN big next year-Improved D and the O is better IMHO. THAT may change Kirk's attitude. A High Power O that HE is the Master of will change attiutudes. IF NOT and we do win BIG..think of the FA QB's that may want to take the reigns. If we FLOP..ya..he may leave. I'm taking one year at a time..be HARD for someone to walk away from a 5,000 Yard Offense. He is just pissed off right now

2 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

Yeah, **** that!!!  The amount of people on this board, arguing about who knows more about football, now multiply that by 100,000.......no thanks!  There would be more arguing about who knows more than actually anything getting done, not to mention, it would just be a version of DS multiplied by 100,000.

OK, where do I need to send my $40K to?

That wouldn't happen. You first hire a board of directors who then hire your front office. Then the shareholders vote yearly on a board of directors. Fans voices are heard in the BOD votes. It really does work. It works for Green Bay.

8 minutes ago, Skins-in-CT said:

Oh if only....and when Cerrato says it, it must be bad.  But what are the chances that happens (if at all) before the draft?  Probably slim I would say and by then, depending on how we draft, all the turmoil will have died down....

I say its a big time long shot.  Vinny basically laid out the game plan for what would get Bruce fired -- that is, if all the negativity circulates where Danny becomes aware of it, then Bruce is in trouble.    He said that's what cost him his job -- Danny being aware of all the negativity.  So that's why I think emails, sending letters, fan cards all that stuff is key.  I think its a long shot but it might be the only shot -- coupled with season ticket holders vocally complaining.     We keep our complaints to ourself on the message board -- I don't think it has any impact.  Dan's staff tells him they got 300 letters crushing Bruce and the franchise, that might make a difference.

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Probably 

I'm sure if you go through history you would be surprised how much the team backs a player over a coach.

RG3 over Mike?

Except we're not talking about the Coach here, but the team President. Which is somehow different.

There's still an escape plan for Dan if he wants to trigger it. But it would put a lot of dysfunction here, and a huge, freaking huge backslash and media storm over the Redskins.

Players going for or against their coaches is common them within Sports. I could talk about Messi and the Barca, the guy got the head of a few of his coaches, and even some of his teammates. So that's not unusual.

Now, we're going against the President of the team. A much higher position, and boy I'd really like to have some input from Gruden here. Because he's probably backing up his QB.

So, if Dan wants to settle things he can do two things:

- Fire Bruce Allen ASAP. Which would keep the crowd quiet for a bit, and allow talks to go on with Cousins.

- Second move, you call back Scot and gives him full power of roster. You name someone else President, like Doug Williams, and you ride with it. (And you get rid of the yellow pants)

Now, that would likely put Dan in the hero outfit, but would put on a mess with Scot being shown the door only to come back a week later through the window and Allen getting canned. Sure media would love to feist over this story for quite some time and would take some time to settle until things go back to normal. But there's quite some stuff to gain in such a scenario:

- As I said, Dan is your Iron Man type of guy here. You'd wish he was Spiderman so his spidey sense saw it coming. But super heroes aren't perfect.

- You appeased the angry crowd.

- Scot is now fully entitled and is the boss. Considering the situation, Dan will have to eat some crow and give him more money and stuff, but he can afford it.

- Kirk is now happy and will sign a contract fast. Guy also earn his leadership role. NOBODY on the team will question him. It'll be HIS team. And then, he'll probably never ends up anywhere but here for all his career.

- Gruden will be cool, he got his extension, and his QB back. He can rest himself, knowing everything is under control and he can concentrate on his job. And he's most likely to remain here a long time as well.

Not really sure what is so hard about that though. If danny cares about his persona why not open up the coffers. Honestly, i DO think cousins does not want to be here anymore. Its the only thing that makes sense. Scot wanted to do the tag, not bruce. Bruce said after the season that the deal is easy, will get done, and cousins is our QB. Scot diddnt say that. The whole thing makes approximately zero sense to me.  Maybe thats why scot started drinking. 

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I could go the rest of my life without hearing Vinnie's opinion on anything.

I don't think I've signed on in quite about 6-9 months and I had to just to agree with you.

I'm not sure why we'd ever quote Vinnie, all due respect to Skinsinparadise. The guy is an idiot (Vinnie not SinP) and does nothing but talk out of his ***.....which seems to be exactly what Dan really loves in people.....

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I say its a big time long shot.  Vinny basically laid out the game plan for what would get Bruce fired -- that is, if all the negativity circulates where Danny becomes aware of it, then Bruce is in trouble.    He said that's what cost him his job -- Danny being aware of all the negativity.  So that's why I think emails, sending letters, fan cards all that stuff is key.  I think its a long shot but it might be the only shot -- coupled with season ticket holders vocally complaining.     We keep our complaints to ourself on the message board -- I don't think it has any impact.  Dan's staff tells him they got 300 letters crushing Bruce and the franchise, that might make a difference.

We know Dan love to hang around with his players. Don't you think that Kirk's move you get to his ears and have more impact? The guy loves to send his plane to bring players here.

Don't you think Gruden have a way to Dan's ears as well?

Both are probably not as close as Allen to Dan, but I believe they can have an impact.

Like Gruden saying: " Dan, if Kirk isn't signed LTD by the 15th of July I opt out of the contract because I'm not gonna ruin my career and my health for you?"

Fans can help, but I believe 300 fans will have a lesser impact than Kirk or Jay.

I'd like to have your opinion on this SIP. You've meet all those guys, bare Dan, and seemed to have, even if short, "close relation" with Scot, so I've been looking for your posts to get a better input of the situation.

1 minute ago, jflow78 said:

I don't think I've signed on in quite about 6-9 months and I had to just to agree with you.

I'm not sure why we'd ever quote Vinnie, all due respect to Skinsinparadise. The guy is an idiot (Vinnie not SinP) and does nothing but talk out of his ***.....which seems to be exactly what Dan really loves in people.....

SiP is on a witch hunt.  So now he's clogging up ES with Cerrato hot takes...Its a sad, sad situation.

I dunno.  If there's one thing Vinny does know, it's Dan.  They were buddies before they became co-workers.  They suffered through many bad years, and undoubtedly were in a foxhole of their own making together.

That kind of situation likely gives someone insight into a person's thinking.  Vinny, probably better than anyone, knows Dan's line in the sand.

Now sure he could be dead wrong.  But I wouldn't write off his views on Dan immediately.

Now if he was talking about football players, haha, dismiss him immediately.

21 minutes ago, Skins-in-CT said:

Who cares really?  Unless Dan promises to give up his office (permanently) at Redskin's park and only show up at games for a few years then it won't matter.  He finds a way to poison every situation.  He is a toxic leader who contaminates everyone.  He should put someone savvy and low key in charge as President, hire someone like Highsmith from Green Bay and go find something else to do until September.  I only want to see him in his box at the stadium with no communication to the sidelines.  Then I will believe that he has changed. 

15 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Who cares really?  Unless Dan promises to give up his office (permanently) at Redskin's park and only show up at games for a few years then it won't matter.  He finds a way to poison every situation.  He is a toxic leader who contaminates everyone.  He should put someone savvy and low key in charge as President, hire someone like Highsmith from Green Bay and go find something else to do until September.  I only want to see him in his box at the stadium with no communication to the sidelines.  Then I will believe that he has changed. 

Like this?

Archived