Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Cousins camp says fire Bruce and we"ll  talk about a contract. Then suck up your pride Dan and do it. Only way yo get this corrected is to get Cousins a long term deal and have hime be the famn leader recruiter for this team in free agency and only way to get the players on the team to keep fighting for B&G.

Just now, justice98 said:

Except he's not snaking his way into anything, involvement in the decision making process is the setup going in.  

Except when a team president announces that his new GM has full and final say over all roster and personnel matters, and then uses the power of the purse strings to undermine that autonomy. That is undermining your GM's autonomy, and undercuts your pledge to let him design his own roster. 

6 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

But then you'd have to arm wrestle him, naturally.

#over the top 

His arms look big until you meet him. he's tiny overall so his arms are like an average dude in size, just cut.

Statham's a shrimp too but I let it go.

Most of the movie MA  guys from the old days  are shrimps and never really fought of course. Norris was nothing special irl. Boxers, wrestlers (greco-roman) and now MMAs guys are the **** irl. and some of those spec op guys. but i digress.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock has emerged as a candidate to become the Washington Redskins' next general manager, according to league sources.

Washington is not likely to hire a GM until after the draft, and it has a group of candidates that is thought to include Mayock and ESPN analyst Mark Dominik, per league sources.

The Redskins are not rushing to fill the opening that was created Thursday, when they fired Scot McCloughan. Washington easily could wind up waiting until after next month's NFL draft to hire its next general manager, per sources.

I can fully acknowledge the way former GMSM was let go was poorly executed, but I so over this excusing of his drinking issues if these stories are true.

Quite frankly I don't buy the "They knew he was still drinking" narrative.  So what?  Maybe he was drinking, but was showing that it was under control for a little while, but eventually it became a problem, and then a bigger problem, until it couldn't be covered up by the team's PR.   Sorry, but if his drinking was a real issue, then him being let go is a perfectly acceptable resolution regardless if the actual handling of it was a cluster*beep*

12 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

What does Cousins think of Mayock?

What does Mayock think of Cousins:

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN

26 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

On the contracts side. Bruce was a step up. Still, if he's really that disliked by players, agents, peers....and he hasn't built a steady winner. Then that's on him.

Contract wise, it's hard to blame Allen. That's for sure.

I really like the article that is in BRBN:

As they said, basically, they made sure that they had an escape plan, which is hard to fault them for considering Scot and the situation. But they didn't have anything in place to help him sort this out. They were not forced to, but they could have done it.

Now, if the reports of Cousins not wanting to sign LTD as long as Allen is President, then that is a freaking hell of a problem. If guys don't want to come here, that is a huge trouble that Dan will have to sort out. Because in the end, if the players don't want to come, what will your HC coach in the end? Gruden just signed an extension, he may see that as gaining power within the organisation, but if he lose his starting QB? The one he fighted for? That might as well pissed him and you may ends up with him opting out of his contract. He knows he'll get a job elsewhere easily. Not this year obviously, but in 2018 he'll get a call.

That's just Murphy's Law to its full extent but if after having 2 winning season in a row after a 25 year span, you fir your GM, are force to trade your first good to great QB in that same span and the HC that lead this in less than 2 months... It'll be near impossible to do something OK out of this mess.

All you have would be coaches that will try to make a name for themselves and leave at the first opportunity, or wannabe players that hope to get a better one elsewhere, or aging vets looking to cash in, like not so long ago.

So if all these are true, then Dan will have to make a choice, either stand with the guy that may help him get a new bigger stadium, or stick with the guys that are able to get him a better winning, football team.

Thinking out loud, bigger stadium are cools. Only if you have a decent team to field in it. Otherwise it's money sink...

6 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Get that done we need good news

I'm not gonna question Mike Mayock's evaluating skills. But, in the current state of the situation, if Allen undermined Scot, there's no reason to believe it'll change with somebody else that will go against him.

Now I still don't get the dude. If he wants to live by his father's legacy, hire the good guys and let them work is as rewarding as anything else. Otherwise he'll just tarnished it. Not sure his dad would be proud of him right now.

So, Mayock, Santos, or someone else from within, or even one of us that is playing our annual ES GM Mock Draft would be of no help.

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

we, they'll at least get a figurehead I figure <heh heh> to look good to the fans/league PR wise

("let's make them think we're not still going to be making all the decisions one more time!!") :evil:

And when it goes wrong a scape goat for Bruce

who ever is hired just better hope He doesn't have anything in the closet otherwise in two years we will learn how much of a disaster it was for two years for (insert reason here)

wash rinse repeat 

Mayock fits the profile.  Bruce apparently thought he was bringing Scot in as a super scout who was solely in charge of the draft.  Mayock can come in here and be in charge of the draft, and Bruce can be in charge of everything else.

Not saying I like it (I don't), but people have to understand that when we say we're looking for a "GM", what it means is that we're looking for someone to do whatever part of the personnel stuff that Bruce doesn't want to do (which is apparently the draft).

I'd want someone else for the job.  But, I'd take Mayock over Dominik.  Forgot where I saw it by saw someone who knows him that Dominik is a politician type -- backstabbing, etc.  But my bigger issue with Dominik is he's had some really bad drafts.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18874652/mike-mayock-nfl-network-analyst-emerges-candidate-washington-redskins-gm-job

Hall of Fame Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who once hired and helped teach Washington president Bruce Allen, thought highly of Mayock, and the Washington organization does as well. Mayock also has a good relationship with Redskins head coach Jay Gruden.

Archived