Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Chick Hernandez twitter report today that Cousins will not negotiate a long term deal as long as Bruce Allen is team president is very interesting in several ways.

First, it means some players do not trust Allen and clearly supported our fired GM for the past two years.  Second, it puts pressure on the Danny which of course will make him choose the wrong option going forward which will harm this franchise over the long term.  Cousins may be of course be trying to force a trade now before July.  Third, it means some players are tired of the dysfunction at the top of the Skins food chain.  Also it confirms what many fans on this web site have been saying in this thread that Scott was undermined significantly.  The pro-Allen supporters need to consider if they still want to support the current dysfunctional management team.  In effect the Danny is really the General Manager with Allen following orders from central headquarters.

It seems the truth like always in somewhere in the middle. Scots drinking probably was an issue and using that was a means to an end to get rid of him. Like I said last night, being fired from two jobs for drinking and coming out and saying you can still drink and don't have a problem is addict talk. I'm more inclined to think offering Kirk 12 million last year was more of a Bruce move than a Scot move. Scot has/had a record of being able to evaluate talent and any simpleton could see last year Kirk was worth way more than 12 million a year. So it's hard to hang that on him. Then again this year, you tag a player at 24 per year and offer 20. Cousins would get more than 20mil this year from someone.  It seems there was a power struggle where Scot probably didn't have as much say over things as he wanted. Gruden kind of alluded to it to at the end of the year when he said he hoped he had say over which coaches stayed and were let go. There isn't much to go on though so almost everything is just drawing conclusions with limited information.

One thing that can be said, if Snyder were a true fan he'd sell the team. We are at the same place we were when he obtained the team. At this point, it's Snyder the business man running our team into the ground. If he's been smart, he's made enough money to support many generations of Snyder's to come. Sell the team Dan. Only scary thing about that is we always think things can't get worse and they do so with our luck somehow we'd end up with an even worse owner. I'll always love and follow this team, but it seems other than watching the games on Sunday everything else is just a waste of time and exercise in futility. So tires of the same bull**** mistakes being made over and over and over.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.....and damnit I'll keep on saying it. Bruce Allen has a job only because of his name. Snyder is a fan like all of us - and a passionate one, at that - so he revels in being able to somehow connect with the team's glory days. I'm no fan of Jason Reid, but some time ago, he wrote that Allen has Snyder completely bamboozled. He's absolutely right. Allen is a buffoon, and the rest of the league understands that, laughs at it, and hardly takes this team seriously as a result. They DID start taking our team - our front office, that is - seriously when Scot was hired. Now they see what Allen has orchestrated, just as he helped to orchestrate Shanahan's departure. It's pathetic. I will NOT spend any of my money on Skins tickets (or Skins anything else) as long as Allen is in the employ of the team. Having a legacy name has worked out well for him. Too bad he doesn't possess the competence to go with it. And yes, the players LOATHE him.

7 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again.....and damnit I'll keep on saying it. Bruce Allen has a job only because of his name. Snyder is a fan like all of us - and a passionate one, at that - so he revels in being able to somehow connect with the team's glory days. I'm no fan of Jason Reid, but some time ago, he wrote that Allen has Snyder completely bamboozled. He's absolutely right. Allen is a buffoon, and the rest of the league understands that, laughs at it, and hardly takes this team seriously as a result. They DID start taking our team - our front office, that is - seriously when Scot was hired. Now they see what Allen has orchestrated, just as he helped to orchestrate Shanahan's departure. It's pathetic. I will NOT spend any of my money on Skins tickets (or Skins anything else) as long as Allen is in the employ of the team. Having a legacy name has worked out well for him. Too bad he doesn't possess the competence to go with it. And yes, the players LOATHE him.

If an idiot like Bruce Allen has Snyder "bamboozled" ---- what does that say about Snyder???

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I have such a visceral hatred of UnWise Mike that while in this instance he makes a good point, I immediately tried to find 10 reasons that he is wrong.

But, ironically, he's not.

But I still hate his ass.

EDIT: I was never for the Tony Romo autoreplace.  I'm really glad to see that the UnWise Mike one is still in place.

Going to make the suggestion again. Take out an envelope and address it to Mr. Snyder. We're all taking the time to post on a messageboard. Yes, a letter likely wouldn't find its way to his desk. But, it'll be opened by somebody there. If enough of them show up. That'll get out quickly enough. Even quicker if you post a pic of your letter before mailing it.

You want Bruce gone? Say it. Personally, I want Bruce, Wylie and Larry all out of there ASAP. Can't keep any of them if you want to get past this.

That's it. For the cost of a stamp, envelope, and piece of paper.

If somebody wants to take it further and bring up the fan card again. PM me. I have an original copy still saved. Anybody can run with that.

C6lDSSBXAAAo-YC.jpg

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Remember when we fired Cerrato, and how excited we were that we got Bruce Allen, basically because he wasn't Cerrato? Those were good times.

This feels like 2009 all over again...

On the contracts side. Bruce was a step up. Still, if he's really that disliked by players, agents, peers....and he hasn't built a steady winner. Then that's on him.

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

On the contracts side. Bruce was a step up. Still, if he's really that disliked by players, agents, peers....and he hasn't built a steady winner. Then that's on him.

I will credit him with how good of a shape our cap is, but, there is the bolded part to consider as an influence there, if no one wants to sign here.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

I will credit him with how good of a shape our cap is, but, there is the bolded part to consider as an influence there, if no one wants to sign here.

That's why I phrased it like that. Darth Hoodie is ruthless with his own players and around the league. Some folks hate him. Call him a cheater. Whatever. But dude wins....a lot. so, for that kind of return. Being the bad guy is ok. In Bruce's case....well, he should have been hired to work on contracts and contracts only. Team President simply is beyond his ability and....apparently temperament. 

1 hour ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

That sound you just heard was my head hitting the desk. 

Seriously, I mean seriously?

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

And we know Chick has a long history of trolling the Redskins and making stuff up  ...

Yeah, if this had come from anybody but Keim, Chick, or maybe Mort, I would say that it's possibly bogus. 

But Chick has a pretty impeccable resume when reporting on the 'Skins. 

1 hour ago, Taylor703 said:

Don't be so sure about that. He loved Vinnie and when the fans finally revolted big time he canned him. If he gets enough backlash Dan will pull the trigger. Bruce isn't Teflon in my opinion. 

It took an absolutely empty stadium, a swinging gate twice in a row, and league-wide ridicule and scorn before Dan pulled the trigger.

I really don't think Bruce is going anywhere for at least 3-4 more years.  After 10 years and no real progress, Dan might do something. 

Just now, RedBeast said:

Bruce is here for 2 reasons IMO

1. Fathers name/brother ex VA Governor 

2. Stadium = $$$$

He doesn't say no to Dan.  At least not on the important things. 

Archived