Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why are so many people automatically assuming it was all a power struggle, and had nothing to do with drinking ?

The past 20 years of Redskins history I'm assuming.

There is no one willing to say anything on the record about him drinking, just some random unnamed source throwing it out right then they fire him.

I'm not a fan of Bruce Allen as a talent evaluator but to say he was jealous of SM is ridiculous. He hired Scott to be the GM. Are you saying he suddenly had cold feet about giving someone else control of the roster? Allen may not be the best talent evaluator but I believe he truly wants what's best for the Redskins. Firing your GM right before the draft makes no sense. There is definitely more to this that we know about.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why are so many people automatically assuming it was all a power struggle, and had nothing to do with drinking ?

For me it's the timing. If he was drinking for 15 months, why now then to make it an issue? At such an important juncture of the Redskins. Scot did a lot of the grunt work over the last couple of years building a solid foundation and now Bruce/Allen want the glory of success. It's just happened to have backfired on them. 

I call BS on the alcohol issue. I seriously doubt scot drank any more or less than the day they offered him the position. I also call BS on the alcohol abuse as we signed this man knowing damn good and well he had an issue with alcohol. We also seemed his advise on players before he even became our GM. There's a lot of blurred lines here. It just doesn't make sense. I do believe they couldn't agree on personnel. Scot got fed up and decided something needs to change (and it's not my drinking) so he walked/took a leave of absence. Unable to come to an agreement the resskins decided well we will just release him and blame it on his drinking (everyone knows he's a drunk, just as the resskins did when the offered him the job) that's a scenerio I can believe. That's the scenerio I'm going with anyway. I don't give 2 ****s about having an alcoholic in charge of personnel so long as he has a plan set For a winning team on the field come Sunday/Monday. The last 18 months didn't appear to be a disaster, they appeared as if we were headed in the right direction. Now the ship is sinking. Funny how everyone is like I want out. It's a damn shame 

2 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

I was willing to give Scot benefit of doubt he was simply dealing with family matters, and really hoped that's all it was, but insiders on twitter dropped afterward that he had been drinking again. Plus, the Post article said Scot was fired for cause, rest of contract voided. Legally can't do that without strong evidence. I'd be suspicious if the contract remainder was settled/negotiated. I think Skins were trying to exit Scot out quietly but media caught on and turned it against Allen and rest of team, so time table was upped. Just me speculating though.

While the "For Cause" thing, if accurate, is concerning, I want more evidence.  I'm not willing to say that Bruce and Dan wronged Scot, and I'm not willing to say Scot screwed up either.

Personally, I could see Allen basically saying they were cool with his handling of the alcohol situation when hiring, and then quickly flipping in the last couple months and firing "for cause" in a manner that is technically true, but violates the "spirit" of their deal and discussions in early 2015.

I also want to know if/how the FO tried to help Scot.  I mean, if he showed up drunk multiple times over 18 months, the FO also screwed up, along with Scot.

Yes, he needs to have personal responsibility, but come on FO, if you actually cared about your GM you'd immediately get him help.  Clear out some rooms in Redskins park and hire people to basically run him through rehab.  Save him from himself.

Maybe DanAllen tried that.  But right now we don't have evidence of it.

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Yep crazy 

Sounds like the media asked many Redskins players and not one of them said they ever saw Scot drunk or smelled anything on him.

This team is garbage and that's because our owner is a liar and a punk *****.

This team will never win with this jackass.

one of them did in the article...

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You got one. Its not a coincidence that the drunk stuff was leaked to the media in time to post articles about it the second the team posted their generic statement. 

It also wasn't a coincidence that the "Jealous, egotistical Allen" stories started flying right around the time Scot left the draft meetings and didn't (was told not to?) go to the combine.

None of this is one-sided, rarely is imo.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

For me it's the timing. If he was drinking for 15 months, why now then to make it an issue? At such an important juncture of the Redskins. Scot did a lot of the grunt work over the last couple of years building a solid foundation and now Bruce/Allen want the glory of success. It's just happened to have backfired on them. 

Maybe they were hoping that him getting treatment would help,but in the end it had no effect so they fired him..

As long as Snyder & Bruce are here this franchise is going to be stuck in the mud. Both are pure cancer. 

Really hope McCloughan comes out with a statement in the next 24 hours detailing his side of things.

Anyone making excuses for Snyder/Allen needs to rack their head together. There's a reason we've been **** for 20 years. Dumb decision after dumb decision by ego driven idiots. 

Just now, RabidFan said:

or at least his wife.  LOL

Hell he might sue, this Allen move reminds me of  old Al Davis firing Lane Kiffin "for cawse".  Pure rich man BS

They obviously made a deal with his agent. His agent also reps Stacy McGee who we just inked. There was probably a payment and NDA.

I got mixed up with the FA thread and this one, but one early take on this....

IF he was legitimately been relapsing repeatedly throughout his time here, if he was legitimately drunk at games and in the locker room, if it is as bad as all the Redskin leaks were actually making it out to be...

...then waiting till THE OPENING DAY OF FREE AGENCY to publicly fire your GM, instead of taking care of this AGES ago when these repeated "relapses" were first starting, or when he was actually showing up to games drunk, is definitely a stain on this organization and a F up on their part. If all that they are leaking is true and the whole story (again, I don't believe it is the whole story), Scot's definitely in the wrong for doing it. But EVEN if the Redskins story was 100% the entire story, it STILL is indicative of a clown shoes organization that they waited and waited and waited till NOW to finally pull the trigger.

11 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Well, we lost some good Redskins today and a General Manager.  NFL Network having a field day talking up Cousins leaving and the Skins not being able to attract good free agents.

sucks and Michael Silver seems to be loving it,  I think he has something personal with the skins.  I've always disliked him.

I'm finally onboard the "we will never win anything with Snyder owning the team" wagon. Never felt like allowing myself to be that pessimistic before, but it's true. Directly or indirectly, that man will poison everything good that this team ever gets.

No more Skins merch for me. No tickets. No financial support. I'll stream the games. 

Archived