Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

No way they fire him for cause, and don't pay him, unless it's true. The Skins legal team wouldn't let that **** fly. No way,  no how.

If the reports true, then good-riddance..

For those of you who are done with this team?  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on that he way out...

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

I don't particularly care for Snyder or Allen, but I think people are jumping the gun by ripping them apart on this. 

What if Scot was drunk numerous occasions? 

That little blurb posted said he showed up drunk multiple times....said the last 18 months were a disaster.

I'm not mad at the FO if this is true.

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

I don't particularly care for Snyder or Allen, but I think people are jumping the gun by ripping them apart on this. 

What if Scot was drunk numerous occasions? 

I was willing to give Scot benefit of doubt he was simply dealing with family matters, and really hoped that's all it was, but insiders on twitter dropped afterward that he had been drinking again. Plus, the Post article said Scot was fired for cause, rest of contract voided. Legally can't do that without strong evidence. I'd be suspicious if the contract remainder was settled/negotiated. I think Skins were trying to exit Scot out quietly but media caught on and turned it against Allen and rest of team, so time table was upped. Just me speculating though.

3 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

You know what Snyder should just fire Allan and just appoint himself as GM already maybe that might fix some dysfunction what's the use of a puppet GM everyone knows synder is calling the shots

I actually don't think Snyder has any hand in this. I think Allen is running the show as reported. 

Edit: This obviously still doesn't absolve him from the blame he deserves for being such a **** owner and fostering a toxic corporate environment over the years, etc. I just mean the day to day actual running of the team, I don't think Snyder is really in the loop on most of it. No reason to think so other than Redskins fans having a familiar complaint that makes them feel better.

1 minute ago, redskin301 said:

You know what Snyder should just fire Allan and just appoint himself as GM already maybe that might fix some dysfunction what's the use of a puppet GM everyone knows synder is calling the shots

Honestly if we want to at least give off some shred of stability, then best move is team keeps going with rest of people in wake of all this.

Lost in all this is that Gruden signed an extension. He had to know team was phasing Scot out since it happened after Scot was out at combine and that team and he would part ways. He had to know Scot was drinking on the job again and agreed to contract to help with stability in the wake of it. Otherwise can't imagine Jay would extened with a team that was firing Scot for an invalid reason.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The immediate leak of his drinking issues to save face is disgusting. 

This is going to get uglier in the media before it gets better.

Doubt it. It's now old news. They will be on to the Pryor signing news cycle. Scot doesn't benefit from it lingering. Plus his agent just inked a deal with the Skins for the Raiders DT. His agent will keep Scot in check and this will dissapate until we lose 2 or 3 games in a row.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Would everyone stop whining and worrying?  NFL Network quoted Allen saying he was CONFIDENT in the direction the team is going.  What is there to worry about?

Its gotten so bad around here that I honestly can't even sense if you're being sarcastic or serious here.

What happened to the "if this is true, then..." style of posting?

There's been a LOT of stuff pointing to both Scot being let go and his drinking being at least part of the issue.

I think it's beyond fact that all of this was a cluster**** of confusion among the media and fans. Damn near everyone took sides from the get-go (including many in the media). As time goes on we'll learn more and more, one way or the other. Kudos to those here who allowed themselves to wait and gain more info...hopefully you'll continue to do that, as this latest story doesn't give anymore certainty than the earlier ones. But for the next several weeks at least, there will be competing, contradictory "leaks" from "sources", both pro-Scot and pro-Allen/Snyder. If you latch on to any of them immediately as truth, it's probably confirmation bias at work more than anything.

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Whelp, back to the joke status. They owe the fanbase an explanation better than that lame ass statement.

You got one. Its not a coincidence that the drunk stuff was leaked to the media in time to post articles about it the second the team posted their generic statement. 

4 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

What if Scott drinking contributed to Cousins not having a LTD? Maybe he was texting Kirk at 4am every night complaining about how bad The Walking Dead is. Who knows. 

That would certainly drive me away from signing a LTD too...**** the walking dead ?

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why are so many people automatically assuming it was all a power struggle, and had nothing to do with drinking ?

I think we're past this. Have to acknowledge that the drinking was at least part of it, right? Doesn't mean it all makes sense or that the team handled it well.

Archived