Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

Now I'm getting worked up... 18 years. 18 years!! This mother****er has owned the team for 18 years of ineptitude and incompetence. We FINALLY get a real GM and he lasts all of two seasons. Snyder flushes money and draft picks down the toilet on fancy names over and over and over again but when we finally luck into a franchise QB, we're going to **** it all up because we don't want to pay the man.

Well strap in folks. This asshole is going to continue to ruin the team for another 40 years. I shudder to think what it's going to be like when he goes through the Al Davis dementia phase. Oh well, at least we'll always have that magical stretch of back-to-back seasons where we went 10-6 & 8-7-1.

9 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Ok, I'm on the pissed off fan bandwagon now.

How the hell has the team at the very least not issued any sort of statement for the sake of clarity, and instead allowed perceptions to continue to worsen right at the start of free agency when it's critical for us to do well and perceptions play a role in signings? Ridiculous.

My only hope is McCloughan truly has taken time off due to family, doesn't want drinking to ramp up, had a plan laid out and is letting team do it/working from home, and will in fact be back soon, hence why he's still rocking Skins gear. Big hope, I know.

It just dawned on me that the team stated the reason he left or had an absence the one day was due to a death in his family. Scot might be severely depressed at the moment and that is extremely dangerous considering his past history with alcohol. I hope he's able to fight off his demon's and live a happy and prosperous life.... a life without alcohol or any other addictive substance. Let along being a fan, just from one human being to another I hope he's doing alright.

9 minutes ago, JoeKnowsBest said:

It just dawned on me that the team stated the reason he left or had an absence the one day was due to a death in his family. Scot might be severely depressed at the moment and that is extremely dangerous considering his past history with alcohol. I hope he's able to fight off his demon's and live a happy and prosperous life.... a life without alcohol or any other addictive substance. Let along being a fan, just from one human being to another I hope he's doing alright.

I'm sorry but I can't believe that. Bruce Allen is mad with power and destroying this team! He has to be fired!!!

22 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Ok, I'm on the pissed off fan bandwagon now.

How the hell has the team at the very least not issued any sort of statement for the sake of clarity, and instead allowed perceptions to continue to worsen right at the start of free agency when it's critical for us to do well and perceptions play a role in signings? Ridiculous.

My only hope is McCloughan truly has taken time off due to family, doesn't want drinking to ramp up, had a plan laid out and is letting team do it/working from home, and will in fact be back soon, hence why he's still rocking Skins gear. Big hope, I know.

I'm hoping for the same thing.  The alternative is not acceptable.

So if the end is inevitable can anybody come up with a plausible reason for this long delay and the whole death in the family excuse?

Not that he didn't have a death in the family but at this point it's pretty obvious that isn't the only thing going on here.

I have zero experience in public relations, but does anyone here that does have a rational reason why the FO has remained so tight lipped, especially given all the speculation and scheduled protests by fans?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

I have zero experience in public relations, but does anyone here that does have a rational reason why the FO has remained so tight lipped, especially given all the speculation and scheduled protests by fans?  I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

B/c they have FA to deal with. Eric Schaffer, Bruce and personnel folks in war room trying to take care of actual business.

Plus, Skins sign Swearinger and Pryor and more-- u think there still gonna be massive protests? Nah 

1 minute ago, crabbypatty said:

If Scot is being forced out in a power struggle, why would he be out and about decked out in full redskins gear from head to toe? The whole situation doesn't make any sense, but Scots choice of attire is odd considering the circumstances.

Trolling

6 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

I have a degree in Public Relations (albeit from a university in TX) and what the team does is almost the exact opposite of what should be done according to most theories.  The thing they have going for them is a rabid customer base that tends to forgive and see through missteps.

21 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What the hell alternate universe did you come from? Jesus Christ.

Reminds me of a teenage girl. OK going 3-13 as long as you screw over someone else. If someone is pro Dan/Bruce and anti Scot and Kirk and want to play Colt then get a one year deal done and shop Kirk around if your end goal is for him to be gone. I don't get his mentality either.

9 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

B/c they have FA to deal with. Eric Schaffer, Bruce and personnel folks in war room trying to take care of actual business.

Is Tony Wylie Coyote in there, too. You know, the actual PR guy? 

Maybe PR stands for something else in Redskins-ese. "Probable Ridicule" would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Now I'm getting worked up... 18 years. 18 years!! This mother****er has owned the team for 18 years of ineptitude and incompetence. We FINALLY get a real GM and he lasts all of two seasons. Snyder flushes money and draft picks down the toilet on fancy names over and over and over again but when we finally luck into a franchise QB, we're going to **** it all up because we don't want to pay the man.

Well strap in folks. This asshole is going to continue to ruin the team for another 40 years. I shudder to think what it's going to be like when he goes through the Al Davis dementia phase. Oh well, at least we'll always have that magical stretch of back-to-back seasons where we went 10-6 & 8-7-1.

I'm almost done. I can't do this much longer. I have no geographic connection to this team so my Sundays will be free this fall. Now I'm just sitting here on this site to see how much farther we fall.

6 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This is rapidly beginning to change......

I'm curious to see if that is true.  Definitely there is some unrest in the ranks and people are second guessing the decisions.  I know that I'm one of the staunchest critics in our inner circle of fans at games / tailgating.  Down deep I hope they know what they are doing, but it just seems like we were building something.  Now, it seems to my untrained eye we are taking steps backwards.  I'll still go to the games.  I probably won't buy much merch.  I almost never buy food and drink in the stadium (that is why you tailgate).  Not sure what my breaking point would be to stop going to games.  

Would be just kinda nice to hold your head high and be proud of your team, the organization and the owner.  I'm not there.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Down deep I hope they know what they are doing, but it just seems like we were building something.  Now, it seems to my untrained eye we are taking steps backwards.  

I'm really thinking egomaniacs have a serious problem with delegating power and authority. I think Dan/Bruce are just the new Dan/Vinny.

Chris Baker to me is an example of where the franchise has gone wrong. Last year we had all these quotes about how we'd look after our own, which is how competent franchises work, and if you played well we'd take care of you financially. Baker does that and we kick him out because Bruce's desperate to say he "won" the negotiations. Baker is out there saying we basically made no effort to re-sign him. 

Archived