Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

While I will be the first one to admit I was wrong and did not believe the reporters the excuse of using his alcoholism as a reason to fire him is laughable and stupid. Yes hire this man for millions of dollars only to fire him 2 years in out of petty jealousy. Come the hell on guys. 

7 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

That new Post article said the Redskins are firing Scot for cause and he won't get paid the rest of his contract. That doesn't happen without evidence. Hope Scot gets help. This was a risk when they signed him. 

Yep. Either that or this is gonna be nasty. I truly do not know who to believe right now. All i know is im pissed

If Scot isnt' getting paid through the rest of his contract then at the very least the Redskins are VERY confident that they can prove probable cause to sue him - which probably means that he did have a drinking problem that they have evidence of.

That doesn't mean that Bruce wasn't jealous and awful, but Scot still fell off the wagon. So both sides problematic here. 

Just now, SlkyCaramel said:

If Scot isnt' getting paid through the rest of his contract then at the very least the Redskins are VERY confident that they can prove probable cause to sue him - which probably means that he did have a drinking problem that they have evidence of.

That doesn't mean that Bruce wasn't jealous and awful, but Scot still fell off the wagon. So both sides problematic here. 

Seems like the most realistic scenario

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Great, we are back to Allen the GM.

If he needed Scot in the first place, as a consultant and then on staff, its proof positive that he is not a good GM

Bruce isn't a real GM.  No other NFL team would hire him as GM.  He is Dan Snyder's hand puppet.

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I do too...plus weren't there rumors already of him drinking? 

He never stopped drinking. He's the first recovering alcoholic I've ever seen that still allowed himself to drink alcohol. 

Still, Redskins probably salivated at that because they had an easy out when this inevitably went sideways 

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I do too...plus weren't there rumors already of him drinking? 

Not rumors.  Scot was very open about the fact that he was still drinking socially but had it under control.  At no point was it expressed that he was completely on the wagon or would be as a condition of his employment.  

6 minutes ago, maxiumone said:

**** this ownership **** Bruce Allen. I am done I hope you all burn for fully destroying this once proud franchise. I hope they force you to change the name to the D.C. Worthless dan Snyder is a  pieces of ****. Done I am done 

So exactly what are you trying to say?  :rofl89:

Archived