Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

This was not about SMc's drinking. The whole world knew he liked his ale. He himself said he hadn't stopped drinking. The team knew this going in to the deal. 

This was about a convenient excuse to let him go with no severance, after SM decided he really did want complete control of the roster and was willing to stand up to Allen. Allen used the drinking to marginalize him, then can him. Otherwise, why the protracted drama the last 3 weeks?

If I'm another team, I hire SMc, no hesitation. At least as a consultant or AGM/superscout.

There is officially no longer any hope that this franchise will be well-run, and will win on a year over year basis. After 31 years, I don't know what to do....

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Maybe they were hoping that him getting treatment would help,but in the end it had no effect so they fired him..

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by ANY means but, nope, sorry, don't buy it. There's been too much ridiculous turmoil regarding Dan Snyder throughout not just his tenure as owner but pretty much throughout his entire career. 

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

While the "For Cause" thing, if accurate, is concerning, I want more evidence.  I'm not willing to say that Bruce and Dan wronged Scot, and I'm not willing to say Scot screwed up either.

Personally, I could see Allen basically saying they were cool with his handling of the alcohol situation when hiring, and then quickly flipping in the last couple months and firing "for cause" in a manner that is technically true, but violates the "spirit" of their deal and discussions in early 2015.

I also want to know if/how the FO tried to help Scot.  I mean, if he showed up drunk multiple times over 18 months, the FO also screwed up, along with Scot.

Yes, he needs to have personal responsibility, but come on FO, if you actually cared about your GM you'd immediately get him help.  Clear out some rooms in Redskins park and hire people to basically run him through rehab.  Save him from himself.

Maybe DanAllen tried that.  But right now we don't have evidence of it.

You make good points. I think everyone wants more details for sure. We may never get that though, aside from continued speculation.

If this is true, then Scot should issue a statement saying so and that he's getting help. Only way to save NFL career. If it's not true, well Scot needs to come out and say so, expose Allen as a liar. 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

How often do sober dudes break their hands punching walls?

You can simply google pics of him from the time he signed with us to now. Guy looks like one of those old winos on classic TV

Just now, Califan007 said:

It also wasn't a coincidence that the "Jealous, egotistical Allen" stories started flying right around the time Scot left the draft meetings and didn't (was told not to?) go to the combine.

None of this is one-sided, rarely is imo.

Again take this for what's it worth. Not a huge Shefter fan, but this morning on Mike and Mike Adam Shefter said that it was Scots decision to not go to the combine. He was not told by the team to miss it.

Also, I am not sure why people can't come to grips with the fact that they cannot legally release him and not pay the remaining of his contract without solid evidence. It's just not how it works. They would open themselves up to a massive law suit and it would come out in the end anyway. No way their HR and Legal departments let that happen.

I am still not excited about Bruce making the roster decisions. They need to hire another GM. But people need to back off this - it's all just a CYA scam. People watch too much TV!

34 minutes ago, Hooper said:

This is disgusting. I don't care if Scott had issues or not -- this isn't how you handle things. 

Dan and Bruce are bad people.

Why not? How would you handle it then?  Maybe Scot was a huge asshole, maybe that sort of behaviour would be bad for a team so you get rid of it?

I'll ask again, why does everyone demonize Bruce so much, I fail to see what he did so horribly wrong.  

We will still get good players.  We will be fine.  What's not fine is a disgruntled/drunk/whatever was going on being your GM.  I refuse to believe it's "jealousy up top" I mean what a vague statement, what does that even mean.  It just fits our disgruntled narrative.  Scot just lost his 3rd job in a row for whatever reason, but we are ignoring that history and hating on Bruce because....why again?  Honestly, no one's answerd this yet.

Also, as far as Kirk Cousins - he said he wants out if he does not get a LTD. That is not the same as saying he just wants out. That little detail keeps being left out. Still not a great look but it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.

So basically no one cares that Scott potentially could have been unprofessional and unable to work cuz of alcohol? 

I get that some people will be skeptical of the organization. I get people are pissed about the Kirk situation. But if Scott actually had been drinking when he was working or it prevented him from doing his work, then you can't just keep him because he sometimes is good at picking players.

Regardless, its time to see if another GM replaces him or its just Bruce again. I think they will eventually bring another GM in.

The only thing this organization has going for it is Jay Gruden, who is wildly underrated as a head coach. Imagine what he's had to deal with. He's done with humor and while putting two winning seasons together in a row.

Archived