Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wouldn't the IC have dirt on him too? Or am I giving them too much credit? 

Why do people keep poking the bear? also..in Russia, bear poke you. 

also, Robert Baer (ex CIA) is tlaking about bannon's "hatred" (he's quoting bannon) for the "way" our national intel system is set up, especially that it is allowed autonomy from the potus' vision for the nation...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twa said:

Kurt should know SIGINT is classified no matter the content.

and I'm sure he would rather not 

Whoever leaked the information about Michael Flynn being compromised by the Russians is an American hero.  Otherwise, this Administration, which knew for WEEKS that Flynn was vulnerable to blackmail because of his lies to the Vice President, apparently would have kept him in office anyway. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Whoever leaked the information about Michael Flynn being compromised by the Russians is an American hero.  Otherwise, this Administration, which knew for WEEKS that Flynn was vulnerable to blackmail because of his lies to the Vice President, apparently would have kept him in office anyway. 

I'd have to see the transcripts to say the value, one person that has said there was nothing there.

If true that makes it political instead.....which can be problematic.

15 minutes ago, twa said:

I'd have to see the transcripts to say the value, one person that has said there was nothing there.

You may be right, but it's hard to believe that he would resign/be forced to resign if it was a nothingburger... not with the way that the President defends him and continues to defend him even now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, twa said:

President can declassify the transcripts. Perhaps if it's really just a witch hunt he should do so to clear the air. 

"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic" 

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

President can declassify the transcripts. Perhaps if it's really just a witch hunt he should do so to clear the air. 

"I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic" 

Or those authorized can review them, some clearly have....you know the system authorized by law and the Constitution.

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You may be right, but it's hard to believe that he would resign/be forced to resign if it was a nothingburger... not with the way that the President defends him and continues to defend him even now.

I MAY be right?

If the leaker had evidence of a crime why not produce it?....you know be real hero or whistleblower.

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Or those authorized can review them, some clearly have....you know the system authorized by law and the Constitution.

I MAY be right?

If the leaker had evidence of a crime why not produce it?....you know be real hero or whistleblower.

Given past relationship of Flynn, Manafort and other members of Trump's team to Moscow... saying you MAY be right is giving a ton of benefit of the doubt. In fact, a ton is too light. It's giving the density of a black hole's worth of benefit of the doubt

Edited by Burgold

42 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

also, Robert Baer (ex CIA) is tlaking about bannon's "hatred" (he's quoting bannon) for the "way" our national intel system is set up, especially that it is allowed autonomy from the potus' vision for the nation...

This is typical, almost demanded, from those that have no understanding of the IC and what it does.

• Like 1

trumpy getting ready for a "press conference" (in quotes cuz most of his are more mini campaign events these days)

i predict that massive voter fraud, lying opposition fake news media, and the dire immediate existential threat to the nation from muslim (legal or illegal) and "mexican" (so far, only illegal) immigrants, will have to take a back seat to the dire immediate existential threat to the nation from leakers (excluded: leakers that leak material helpful to the grand wizard).

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

trumpy getting ready for a "press conference" (in quotes cuz most of his are more mini campaign events these days)

i predict that massive voter fraud, lying opposition fake news media, and the dire immediate existential threat to the nation from muslim (legal or illegal) and "mexican" (so far, only illegal) immigrants, will have to take a back seat to the dire immediate existential threat to the nation from leakers (excluded: leakers that leak material helpful to the grand wizard).

And again, I can't help but see this as a positive thing, the daily public dick stomp that just adds to the baggage he carries. Jacob Marley got off easy.......

7 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Dont forget the great victory (306) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Also his electoral votes in the 2016 elections (which were YUGE by the way, the biggest ever!)

• Like 1

The gopers keep bypassing the topic of how much of the overall leaking comes out of the wildly loose (security-wise) WHGOT wars and will dump it all on the intel community. And yes, likely Bannon has a major hand in this as part of the plan (arising from a very strong desire) to revamp the intel community, but even if not, the WH as a source of leaks is a big deal in dealing legitimately with the issue, but getting zero attention from the gop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Boy, President Trump holds his staff to a high standard. Fires NSC Chief for fake news. Imagine what he'd do if he found something real!

Serving at his pleasure can be complicated.

1 minute ago, twa said:

Serving at his pleasure can be complicated.

Sure can!

Trump: "Hey Flynn, I know I ordered you to speak with Russian intelligence agents for the past year, but I'mma gonna need you to fall on this sword for me. Remember you serve at my pleasure and I'm serving the Constitution by committing treason. K thx bai."

I'd be more open to the stuff flying out of the Trump administration if it wasn't self contradictory.

Are the leaks fake news or real and classified, Donald?  Can't be both.

If it's the former, why would you fire Flynn?

Which further begs the question,  Flynn supposedly resigned, but Spicer just said Trump fired him.  So which is THAT?