Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

**** you John Kelly...

It is alarming though how much DNC, Hillary, Obama stuff we're hearing about now. Not because it's true or because I'm concerned that anything will come of it. It's an indicator of how stupid the people running our country really are and have been this whole time. Scary....

It's also alarming because partisanship and bickering is fine for normal times, but when the stuff gets serious we are all supposed to roll up our sleeves and come together. If another power is manipulating our elections that's quite serious.

• Like 2

With Trump administration people I tend to classify them into three groups: operatives, believers, and cultists. 

The operatives are those DC and party professionals.

The believers are those true GOP faithful who are there in order to advance the agenda

And then there are the Trump cultists, I think that’s fairly self-explanatory. 

I used to rank Kelly in the operatives column, but after his comments and some of his actions over the last couple weeks I think  he needs to be reclassified into the believers and possibly cultists.

10 hours ago, The Sisko said:

But what about that whole personal responsibility, law and order stuff? I mean, last I checked, 29 counts as an adult.

The Party of Personal Responsibility does absolutely nothing but point fingers at everyone but themselves in every possible instance that they can. It's their ENTIRE platform. You see it demonstrated here in the form of "still better than Hillary".

The Party of Limited Government wants to expand the government into your bedroom, into your pants, into your sex life, into your education, into your pockets, into your life.

The Party of Free Market is cheering the head of the executive branch when he attacks private companies that haven't broken any laws and encourages boycotts for his own personal reasons.

The Party of Fiscal Responsibility is letting the head of the executive branch spend ridiculous amounts of time and expense playing golf.

The Party of Spending Watchdogs enable the president to fleece the American people for his own personal gain by letting us pick up the tab for every single time the head of the executive branch of the federal government goes to one of his resorts, one of his hotels, one of his properties.

The Party of America First is closing ranks around a President who seems more likely every day to be involved in the most treasonous act this country has ever seen.

No values. No morals. No honor.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

With Trump administration people I tend to classify them into three groups: operatives, believers, and cultists. 

There's one other very important group. Profiteers. Those who know what's going on is crooked as hell, but know they can make a buck and don't care what gets burned in their wake.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Burgold said:

It's also alarming because partisanship and bickering is fine for normal times, but when the stuff gets serious we are all supposed to roll up our sleeves and come together. If another power is manipulating our elections that's quite serious.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/30/tony-podesta-stepping-down-from-lobbying-giant-amid-mueller-probe-244314

Tony Podesta stepping down from lobbying giant amid Mueller probe

• Like 2

Okay, this was funny:

PS, on this front, twitter still missing about two zeroes.

And of course, from the Donald himself:

Funny thing is, indeed, few people knew who George was...with the exception of your own people.  Which begs the question, why was some 29 year old who few people knew chosen for the role he received?  Occam's razor will get you impeached, btw.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

I understand that a lot of people don't/can't keep up with all this **** and find new actors springing up without the backstory, but anyone that follows stuff knew what an utter POS Kelly was when he was running GITMO if not before. He's essentially Flynn-lite.

I spent a chunk of time a while back reading/researching Mueller's team, a few I recognized, several I didn't, and I made this point before, they are not your typical collection of legal apparatchiks, these are outright ****ing assassins, literally the best n brightest, and I would bet an appendage of your choice that they have a serious plan in place, contingencies anticipated, all their ducks in a row, yadda yadda, and this is just the first opening move in a gameplan that involves cracking their way into bank records and legal relationships that mere subpoenas wouldn't open.

Seriously, if you find out Mueller has something on you, just roll on your people, it's not getting any better.

The obviously smart play is to attack the guy who has been cooperating with the FBI and likely has a good amount of dirt on you.

Also signals well to the other people, that once you're in ****, we will dunk you in there even more to save our own skin. 

Idiots voted for a group of idiots and are collectively surprised that things are going south.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Dilbert's writer was an early predictor of Trump's success and how he used tricks of persuasion.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-22/how-dilbert-s-scott-adams-got-hypnotized-by-trump

10 hours ago, The Sisko said:

He tries to play it off as a fascination with the tactics, but it sure seems to me that he's totally in the tank for Dump. It's amazing that someone that smart can fall for Dump's schtick. I mean, Honey Boo Boo I can see. But if you've got half a brain, you can't let being impressed with how a used car salesman puts one over on his dupes and then get sucked into buying the freaking car.

FWIW, I ditched all my Dilbert crap after finding out about this.

He is infatuated with Trump. It's not surprising because he's the same type of ego maniac. I'm happy he is suffering financially for his decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I like the Honey Boo Boo reference.  I remember the first time I heard of that show and my wife explained to me what it was and how popular it was, I knew our nation was ****ed.

If the Founding Fathers would have known back then, I’m certain that they would have reconsidered this whole democracy and egalitarian thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

If the Founding Fathers would have known back then, I’m certain that they would have reconsidered this whole democracy and egalitarian thing.

You know, now that I think about it, they did.

They built in protections from ourselves. They counted on the system to be functioning well in order to make sure that we didn’t do stupid stuff. The problem is that those in charge of running the system are corrupted, potentially hopelessly corrupted.

Votes for land owners

Democratic Republic

Senators not picked by voters

Electoral College

Three branches of government, system of checks and balances

Constitution

By gawd...they knew we were morons. They just didn’t count on the morons taking over.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, twa said:

So you're pointing out that this is an objective investigation and not a partisan witch hunt?

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I like the Honey Boo Boo reference.  I remember the first time I heard of that show and my wife explained to me what it was and how popular it was, I knew our nation was ****ed.

They've been using Honey Boo Boo, charged up with conspiracy theory nonsense to artificially maintain power and now the govt. is a dumpster fire. Who could have seen it coming? :unsure:

17 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Maybe they did, hence the whole restricting voting to landowners thing. It turns out they were wrong about restricting the vote...right up until the GOP's ongoing effort to dumben the country down bore significant fruit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So you're pointing out that this is an objective investigation and not a partisan witch hunt?

It can be both, certainly enough players. :)