Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

"When today’s news broke, I was dumbfounded and horrified. Not because I didn’t expect it, but because the mainstream media has once again totally botched the biggest story of the 2016 election. Of course, I am referring to the new allegations that, during the presidential election, Hillary Clinton personally oversaw an effort to set giant pythons loose in Florida to eat all of the Trump voters.

Also, don’t listen to the Mueller stuff. Just stay away from that, okay?

The facts of today’s news are incontrovertible. In 2016, Hillary Clinton visited Florida more than any other state except for Ohio and Pennsylvania. Fact. Also, Florida currently has an infestation of Burmese pythons that are causing chaos in the Everglades. Fact. Finally, there could be a recording out there of Hillary Clinton saying, and I quote, “The Clinton Foundation is a front for raising thousands of snakes that I train to consume people who are likely to vote for my political opponents.” Fact.

Do you know what’s not a fact? The new indictments in the Russia investigation. You can be indicted for anything these days — it doesn’t necessarily mean that you compromised American democracy in cahoots with a foreign power. That being said, Hillary Clinton should be indicted."

read more at 

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/maybe-this-random-story-about-hillary-clinton-releasing-thousands-of-pythons-in-florida-during-the-2016-election-will-distract-you-from-the-russia-investigation

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

@Predicto

i cannot help but laugh at this part

"You can be indicted for anything these days "

cause that's pretty much used anytime someone is unhappy with the legal system.

Indict person you support? Blah you can indict anyone

Unhappy they didn't indict person you think should get in trouble for somethig? Blah they can indict anyone, if they didn't its because they didn't want to

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wow wtf? 

You know these jerks didn't even come themselves or send employees they sent their lawyers. I'm already not on social media but got damn this **** right here is nuts. They pretty much did this **** to us themselves!

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Geez, RT is Russian Television! 

WTF?

Yeah, it used to be called Russia Today. Changed to RT to make it more internationally appealing.

At it's best, it's very sensationalist. At it's worst, it's got a major agenda and bias. Often not because of the reporters, but in the story topics approved by the news directors and the guests they are directed to select. Mind you, there are three types of reporters at RT America... those who are trying to get the foot in the door, those who believe that alternate POV deserve to be heard, and Russian shills. There is some crossover of course among groups. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The biggest thing through all of this is Vladimir Putin is the most powerful person on Earth. 

No, that would be Xi Jinping

Vlad is a pain in the ass but he is barely keeping his country together.  Xi is methodically taking over the world.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Vlad is a pain in the ass but he is barely keeping his country together.  Xi is methodically taking over the world.   

Yep.  And this administration sure seems to be vastly accelerating the process.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twa said:

I tried to warn ya Burgold. :)

The radio experience one was an interesting one. We were such a small operation that for three years, we functioned below their radar. Unlike TV, which garners a ton of oversight, we were able to run ourselves and invent our newsroom in the way we wanted it to be. That, sadly, changed in its fourth year when the Russian Olympics and Ukraine happened. They began to notice us and they began to press. 

We successfully resisted and kept journalistic integrity. I think, ironically, the greatest testament to how good we did was that they shut us down. They closed the entire bureau. It was easier to end the broadcast and fire everyone than try to turn what we created into what they wanted. They threw millions of dollars of equipment in the trash.

Overall, I'm still quite proud of my work on the Prism. It was damn good radio and for those ESers who  listened and commented I'm still grateful. Mind you, I designed the Prism to be a science, health, and tech radio news magazine because it allowed me to be apolitical. Non the less, the stink of what happens outside your control can taint your reputation. The new incarnation, Sputnik, seems to be as sensational as RT.

RT was always a very different animal than VOR. Even the Russians thought so. Heck, we weren't even invited or allowed into the RT Christmas party.

Edited by Burgold
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

Vlad has destabilized the USA.

China is on some world domination steez, but that country aint right either.

Also Vlad is probably the richest man in the world too.

16 hours ago, Burgold said:

Yeah, it used to be called Russia Today. Changed to RT to make it more internationally appealing.

At it's best, it's very sensationalist. At it's worst, it's got a major agenda and bias. Often not because of the reporters, but in the story topics approved by the news directors and the guests they are directed to select. Mind you, there are three types of reporters at RT America... those who are trying to get the foot in the door, those who believe that alternate POV deserve to be heard, and Russian shills. There is some crossover of course among groups. 

I know someone who works at RT, on the production side. Their studio is right in downtown.