Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Recap? 

Nothing like horribly incriminating but the interview did absolutely nothing for him other than giving him the opportunity to say “dodgy dossier” a bunch of times. He also came off as really jumpy. There was zero reason for him to do this interview.

• Like 2

Ah you quoted who's going to play Mueller. That works for Manafort.

Trump himself knew of Papadopoulos's claims that he had a pipeline to Moscow: During a March 2016 meeting of the campaign's national security advisers in Washington that Trump attended, Papadopoulos said he had connections that could help arrange a meeting between the then-candidate and Putin.

It's telling that at all turns no one in the campaign turned down any help from a foreign power. No one tried to report it to the authorities or end the idea at all. They're all crooked.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He's just a kid who no one has ever heard about who lied to the FBI.

Was the guy created Garfield not available?

Dilbert's writer was an early predictor of Trump's success and how he used tricks of persuasion.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-22/how-dilbert-s-scott-adams-got-hypnotized-by-trump

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's telling that at all turns no one in the campaign turned down any help from a foreign power. No one tried to report it to the authorities or end the idea at all. They're all crooked.

Yep.

Multiple opprtunities, multiple people, months apart and no one said, “Dude, this is really shady stuff should we be reporting this to the FBI?

Nope, at every turn they embraced the opportunity to collude with Russia. But now they want to claim there was no collusion. They are either fools or are counting on fools.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, PCS said:

But what about that whole personal responsibility, law and order stuff? I mean, last I checked, 29 counts as an adult.

23 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Dilbert's writer was an early predictor of Trump's success and how he used tricks of persuasion.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-03-22/how-dilbert-s-scott-adams-got-hypnotized-by-trump

He tries to play it off as a fascination with the tactics, but it sure seems to me that he's totally in the tank for Dump. It's amazing that someone that smart can fall for Dump's schtick. I mean, Honey Boo Boo I can see. But if you've got half a brain, you can't let being impressed with how a used car salesman puts one over on his dupes and then get sucked into buying the freaking car.

FWIW, I ditched all my Dilbert crap after finding out about this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

He tries to play it off as a fascination with the tactics, but it sure seems to me that he's totally in the tank for Dump. It's amazing that someone that smart can fall for Dump's schtick. I mean, Honey Boo Boo I can see. But if you've got half a brain, you can't let being impressed with how a used car salesman puts one over on his dupes and then get sucked into buying the freaking car.

FWIW, I ditched all my Dilbert crap after finding out about this.

I'd guess he'd tell you he didn't buy the car, but he's willing to invest in the dealership if the salesman is very good.

(Though, he seems to missing the longer/bigger term picture IMO.)

Hmmm. With a post above by Vis in mind,(protecting Mueller and Bannon's sleazy idea),I think the standard set piece flipping thing and others may have already been  employed or may not be as in play as we believe. There's a political aspect to this that Comey all but stated directly that has been in play here and no doubt Mueller knows about it. Man's clearly is a whole lot brighter than I am,(no big reach there ;) ),and knows he probably has to do things a bit different here and make things a little less predictable. This investigation may be further along than anticipated because the possibility he's on borrowed time has to be a real concern considering the mindset and confusion that this administration has shown. One of those thinking out loud moments that I'll try not to let happen again. ;)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, visionary said:

**** you John Kelly...

It is alarming though how much DNC, Hillary, Obama stuff we're hearing about now. Not because it's true or because I'm concerned that anything will come of it. It's an indicator of how stupid the people running our country really are and have been this whole time. Scary....

Like, I understand that works on your base of morons but listen, **** is is going down for real right now and you sound like a bunch of dicks. Hint: screaming "HILLARY!!" ain't gonna cut it this time.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Like, I understand that works on your base of morons but listen, **** is is going down for real right now and you sound like a bunch of dicks. Hint: screaming "HILLARY!!" ain't gonna cut it this time.

But it may well work. My reps (all Republican) are stone cold silent right now. I’m not sure if they’re testing the waters, guaging which way the wind is blowing or just laying low until this blows over, or some option D. My guess though is the Rand, McConnell, and Rep Guthrie (my reps) are working quietly to push as much through as they can. It’s absolutely clear that the Adminstration is trying to obfuscate and distract national attention from what’s going on. They’re doing the same damn thing they’ve done for a year, splash a paint bucket full of lies on the wall and while everyone is cleaning up the mess they run off doing more of their dirty work. It’s obvious that there are some on the Hill who are actively complicit in these strategies and it’s nothing to say that Faux News is a willing participant. So far this strategy has worked for them.

Oh yeah, and for all of those who praised John Kelly for taking the CoS position. You now get to see the guy you were praising, he’s no different than the rest of Trump’s crew. The ONLY thing he did was stabalize the WH in order to make them more effective at ruining this nation. IMO he can rot with the rest of them. I just thank gawd they haven’t found a Press Secretary who is attractive, likeable, and convincing, if that happens then we’re screwed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I understand that a lot of people don't/can't keep up with all this **** and find new actors springing up without the backstory, but anyone that follows stuff knew what an utter POS Kelly was when he was running GITMO if not before. He's essentially Flynn-lite.

I spent a chunk of time a while back reading/researching Mueller's team, a few I recognized, several I didn't, and I made this point before, they are not your typical collection of legal apparatchiks, these are outright ****ing assassins, literally the best n brightest, and I would bet an appendage of your choice that they have a serious plan in place, contingencies anticipated, all their ducks in a row, yadda yadda, and this is just the first opening move in a gameplan that involves cracking their way into bank records and legal relationships that mere subpoenas wouldn't open. They already know what's what, they are on the hunt for the incontrovertible evidence they need to make their case in court, and they know where it is. It ain't whatcha know, it's whatcha can prove. There are a lot of attendant issues and avenues opened up by these indictments that are simply not on the radar for the media and other talking heads. That's a good thing. It's like this, financial corruption and greed are all about money in one way or another, political manipulations or influence peddling or whatever always come back down to the $$$, and long gone are the days where you can bury it in your basement. The international banking/finance system is the sea they swim in and numbers/records are as essential to it as air is to a lifeform, there is no way NOT to leave a trail, there is no way to erase the evidence. You can hide it, obscure it, confuse it, but in the end the records still exist. They HAVE to! The only way to make it go away is to make the money go away and that ain't happening, so it is all going to come out, the bribes and the deals and the sham real estate transfers and Manafort's rugs and Wilber Ross' Cypriot bank etc.

Lawyers, good lawyers, know that you go into a case with no preconceptions, assumptions get you pantsed in court, so absolutely anything coming out of this will be written in stone before they breathe a word of it. This is just laying the first block of the foundation to build upon.

• Like 8