Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

House Democrats need to have investigations. Plus they need to work on bipartisan bills. 

The Senate remains in Republican control, so they can stymie anything the House passes if Republicans aren't on board.

There's a huge question as to whether the Republicans come to their senses. I don't think McConnell will cooperate.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

House Democrats need to have investigations. Plus they need to work on bipartisan bills. 

The Senate remains in Republican control, so they can stymie anything the House passes if Republicans aren't on board.

There's a huge question as to whether the Republicans come to their senses. I don't think McConnell will cooperate.

Million dollar question, right?  Does he go down the sinking Trump ship or try to distance himself and when?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I never said that

If its criminal charges and hes convicted, odds are hell get kicked out, which most people want and I'm rooting for.  I'm like 90% certain that's not gonna happen.  I've also said why I dont want to 25th amendment him, not unless you get Pence out, too via criminal charges, thus wouldnt even need the 25th amendment.

If dems try to push this guy out instead of governing, it will back fire, the entire DNC freshman class in the house has written a letter saying that, its true.  Trump is about to be dead in the water (hopefully), so Dems need to do what they can to emphasize how their vision for the country is better and that starts with making it clear.

If there is evidence so strong it results in impeachment then they should throw his ass out.  I don't see any way that could backfire on the Dems regarding 2020. At that point the GOP will be so damaged the Dems should win the White House very easily. I hear you on Pence and who knows how dirty he is. But if he stays as much as I disagree with him it's gonna be a Republican anyway and it's only for a few years. At least he is an adult who knows how to behave.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

45 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If there is evidence so strong it results in impeachment then they should throw his ass out.  I don't see any way that could backfire on the Dems regarding 2020. At that point the GOP will be so damaged the Dems should win the White House very easily. I hear you on Pence and who knows how dirty he is. But if he stays as much as I disagree with him it's gonna be a Republican anyway and it's only for a few years. At least he is an adult who knows how to behave.  

You sure about that?  I'll be happy to continue this topic with you once the full report is out.  I'm against reaching to get him out, hopefully we don't have to reach.  Keep in mind we're wasting our time without the Senate having our back.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You sure about that?  I'll be happy to continue this topic with you once the full report is out.  I'm against reaching to get him out, hopefully we don't have to reach.  Keep in mind we're wasting our time without the Senate having our back.

Oh I think Pence is a pig but I just don't see him mocking the disabled or walking off the stage with a world leader.  I don't see him crying on Twitter like petulant little boy every time someone is mean to him.  At least he will not act like he is totally ill equipped for the job. 

He is also the biggest suck up I have ever seen, every word out of his mouth is kissing the President's ass because he knows what happens to anyone who dares to offer a different opinion.   Did you see the clip of Pence moving his water bottle to the floor right after Trump did it? I mean that's just embarrassing, see below.  I also agree with you that with a GOP Senate Trump survives this, unfortunately.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Oh I think Pence is a pig but I just don't see him mocking the disabled or walking off the stage with a world leader.  I don't see him crying on Twitter like petulant little boy every time someone is mean to him.  At least he will not act like he is totally ill equipped for the job. 

Me, I'll take incompetent evil over competent evil almost every time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

"Competent evil" gets more evil accomplished, I'd much prefer the stumbling, bumbling evil we have now that steps on his own crank daily

I think it's a tricky situation. On one hand, as you mention here, an evil person who is also a bumbling fool will be inept and unlikely to be able to fulfill whatever plans he/she may have (insofar as a person like Trump actually has plans) or at the very least won't be subtle about it, whereas a competent evil person will be more likely to fly under the radar and accomplish his/her goals without many people being the wiser. 

On the other hand the competent evil person is far less likely to cause global catastrophe in everything they do due to being so half-witted and ham-handed. 

• Like 1

With everything that is coming out, has come out, and is being connected.. how Pence isn't part of the collusion would be a miracle that would have to be proven to me beyond any doubt at all.

Frankly, i think you'd have to prove to me that most of the GOP leadership isn't part of it.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bang said:

With everything that is coming out, has come out, and is being connected.. how Pence isn't part of the collusion would be a miracle that would have to be proven to me beyond any doubt at all.

Frankly, i think you'd have to prove to me that most of the GOP leadership isn't part of it.

~Bang

Manafort 👏🏼 picked 👏🏼 Pence 👏🏼 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He is also the biggest suck up I have ever seen, every word out of his mouth is kissing the President's ass because he knows what happens to anyone who dares to offer a different opinion.   Did you see the clip of Pence moving his water bottle to the floor right after Trump did it? I mean that's just embarrassing, see below.  I also agree with you that with a GOP Senate Trump survives this, unfortunately.  

nope, that was coded language.

No way Pence is clean. And if no one else, Flynn can prove it. And he seems more than willing to. Especially after they came out and said he lied to them. He’s not about to take the fall for these dudes. 

“He has a story to tell and can’t wait to tell it”

”Multple hi ranking members of the transition team” that Pence himself was in charge of “KNEW about his communications” 

And he has documents. Even better is his military record and how fast and how much he cooperated. You won’t be able to say he’s not credible. 

We we are gonna have president pelosi if they stick with Pence. But I bet they are smart enough to see that coming and make a change.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

I found this one interesting:

"13) Why *is* Mueller prosecuting Michael Cohen's lies to Congress? He's opening up a new legal avenue—presumably part of a larger strategy we haven't seen yet."

Maybe that indicates that Mueller could be prosecuting more people for lying to Congress (AKA Don Junior). 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, brandymac27 said:

A huge increase in the deficit. 

Nazis openly marching in the streets. In honor of their guy winning the White House. 

Job growth 8% slower than when he took office. (Although, in his defense, it IS growing). 

A President literally firing the head of the FBI for failing to promise to protect the President's staff from an ongoing counterespionage investigation. 

The US withdrawing from a trade agreement that would have covered 40% of the world's GDP, and excluded China. 

And that's before you get into hard to quantify things like the entire world knowing that our current POTUS has the temperament of an eight year old girl. 

Edit - and I strongly suspect the claim of 50% approval is untrue. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2