Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

54 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm glad you think we will be this lucky.  I wish I had your faith.

I am thinking way more cynically than you probably think.

I think the GOP will move to impeach Trump. They also do not want Nancy Pelosi messing up their federal judge appointments. I think they will get Pence out of the way before the new Congress starts to make sure that a Republican is still in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally just guessing and speculating, but I have a feeling that one thing Mueller's team may be (or at least might have been) looking at, or something that's been referred out, is going to be related to hacking emails/mail servers of the DNC or Hillary, and have something to do with Comey "re-opening" that investigation, with an eye potentially on Rudy G. They were so damn desperate to come up with some gotcha emails.

Edited by SoulSkin

The memo goes on to praise Flynn's military career and his decision to "accept[] responsibility in a timely fashion."

"[D]efendant’s military and public service are exemplary," the memo stated. "He served in the military for over 33 years, including five years of combat duty, led the Defense Intelligence Agency, and retired as a 3-star Lieutenant General."

Although Flynn's "early cooperation was particularly valuable because he was one of the few people with long-term and firsthand insight regarding events and issues under investigation," Mueller's team made clear they thought he should have known better.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mueller-memo-michael-flynn-outlining-key-details-about-russia-probes-progress

I don’t have a problem with sending that message: flip early and tell us all you know.  

It is somewhat redeeming to come clean about everything, and do it early with useful info.  Also 33 years in the military is a lot of public service.  Without that background, zero jail time would not be ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Flynn is a criminal and was involved in some really shady ****. He’s not the low-level guy that gets off free with 0 jail time for flipping. 

I don’t like that recommendation. This is about more than just getting trump. You shouldn’t feel impunity for breaking the law and just roll on someone higher up the food chain to walk away free and clear

• Like 5

Hard to argue that he doesnt deserve time. But there is an argument to be made that if you reward the guy that talks the most, some of the others may start to talk as well. 

The end game here is to stop corruption of our government officials. We all know Flynn/Trump/the rest of the ****s weren't the first. But, if we can get enough out of this whole thing, they can be some of the last. 

And that I think it worth Flynn getting off, in the grand scheme. Putting it more simply, if Russia is never able to effect our elections like this again and this helps prevent another President **** boy, it's worth letting him get off. Me thinks, atleast. 

Though I would love to see his ass rot with the rest of them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get Trump out of office by 2020.  If we dont put in the safe guards to prevent another like him, we deserve it.  I'm prepared for the no criminal charges, jus vote him out and take a ***king shower. 

I would only try to kick Trump out of office if we could kick Pence out, too.  I have no idea how much he agrees with Trump on how he runs the government,  but he supports this fake news ****, too, and hes not a bumbling idiot.  He could be easily the only worse thing then Trump, a Smart Trump.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, visionary said:

People's LIVES have been destroyed... People will be damaged FOREVER because of what this admin is doing, aided by your piece of **** father, and he gets to go home to you.

Nothing godly/sanctified about what he did, coming clean. His ass was in a sling, and he did what any sane man would do.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Get Trump out of office by 2020.  If we dont put in the safe guards to prevent another like him, we deserve it.  I'm prepared for the no criminal charges, jus vote him out and take a ***king shower. 

I would only try to kick Trump out of office if we could kick Pence out, too.  I have no idea how much he agrees with Trump on how he runs the government,  but he supports this fake news ****, too, and hes not a bumbling idiot.  He could be easily the only worse thing then Trump, a Smart Trump.

Not me.  I want President Trump thrown out of office and for the history books to record it for the rest of time.  If he serves out his term and is defeated in 2020 he will be a foot note. If he is thrown out of office every school kid for the rest of time will learn just what a disaster he was.  Like Joe Paterno he will deserve this legacy.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not me.  I want President Trump thrown out of office and for the history books to record it for the rest of time.  If he serves out his term and is defeated in 2020 he will be a foot note. If he is thrown out of office every school kid for the rest of time will learn just what a disaster he was.  Like Joe Paterno he will deserve this legacy.  

Huh?  Not sure where you got erasing from history from my post or that even being possible.  This is the age of YouTube, everything hes done is already on the Internet. 

I'd rather he be taught in history class not as an embarrassment but a focus on how he got elected so that history doesnt repeate itself down the road.  "Grab her by the p****" has no place in a high school textbook.  College, sure, but same thing, he did as much stupid **** as possible to help overwhelm and hide stuff stuck in between it all.  Our media fell for it, our history books should not.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Huh?  Not sure where you got erasing from history from my post or that even being possible.  This is the age of YouTube, everything hes done is already on the Internet. 

I'd rather he be taught in history class not as an embarrassment but a focus on how he got elected so that history doesnt repeate itself down the road.  "Grab her by the p****" has no place in a high school textbook?  College, sure, but same thing, he did as much stupid **** as possible to help overwhelm and hide stuff stuck in between it all.  Our media fell for it, our history books should not.

I agree with this completely.

I want his presidency annulled, but we need to learn from this lesson. America's issues of today are mostly down to white-washing and outright lying about our past. We never learn from our past mistakes and we make the same mistakes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd rather he be taught in history class not as an embarrassment but a focus on how he got elected so that history doesnt repeate itself down the road.  "Grab her by the p****" has no place in a high school textbook.  College, sure, but same thing, he did as much stupid **** as possible to help overwhelm and hide stuff stuck in between it all.  Our media fell for it, our history books should not.

No no you missed my point.  If he simply finishes his term he will be remembered one way, if he is thrown out of office he  will be remembered much differently.  Basically everyone knows the name President Andrew Johnson from 150 years ago and there is only one reason for that, he was impeached. I want the same legacy for Trump.

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

No no you missed my point.  If he simply finishes his term he will be remembered one way, if he is thrown out of office he  will be remembered much differently.  Basically everyone knows the name President Andrew Johnson from 150 years ago and there is only one reason for that, he was impeached. I want the same legacy for Trump.

I actually had to look that up, think you want a legacy similar to Nixon.  He's beyond Nixon, hes already synonymous with the closest we've come so far to fascism. 

Let's let the law do its job, we might both get what we want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I actually had to look that up, think you want a legacy similar to Nixon.  He's beyond Nixon, hes already synonymous with the closest we've come so far to fascism. 

Let's let the law do its job, we might both get what we want.

That's the thing, it appears as if we want 2 different things.  You want him to keep his job, I want him thrown out on his ass in disgrace and the history books to show in 150 years that this clown was the first President thrown out of office. A conviction would be sugar on top.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

That's the thing, it appears as if we want 2 different things.  You want him to keep his job, I want him thrown out on his ass in disgrace and the history books to show in 150 years that this clown was the first President thrown out of office. A conviction would be sugar on top.

I never said that

If its criminal charges and hes convicted, odds are hell get kicked out, which most people want and I'm rooting for.  I'm like 90% certain that's not gonna happen.  I've also said why I dont want to 25th amendment him, not unless you get Pence out, too via criminal charges, thus wouldnt even need the 25th amendment.

If dems try to push this guy out instead of governing, it will back fire, the entire DNC freshman class in the house has written a letter saying that, its true.  Trump is about to be dead in the water (hopefully), so Dems need to do what they can to emphasize how their vision for the country is better and that starts with making it clear.

• Like 1

I'm with @Renegade7.  As good as it would feel to see Trump get perp-walked out of the White House, the best solution to this madness is to vote not only him out, but all of his spineless Republican enablers too.  And the best way to do that is for Trump to be physically on the ballot in 2020 after another 2 years of The Trump Tire Fire Variety Hour, 2 more years of Republican Senators fecklessly carrying his water, 2 more years of his henchmen going to prison, 2 more years of Mueller indictments and hopefully a brutal report released to the public that isn't entirely redacted, and a very likely economic slow down.

• Like 2