Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Disappointing Sequel/Prequel/Follow-Up Movie EVER?

elkabong82

#1 Aliens 3 it was so bad it derailed the story line for follow on Alien movies. (Alien started with a great movie,  followed by a greater movie and then total derailment. Movies after the third were crippled by the storyline Aliens 3 established).

#2 Any of the Jaws sequels - they were just bad.

#3 Independence Day 2 - awful.

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I knew somebody would eventually say this.

I didn't know it's be Spaceman Spiff.

Respect lost.

I'll stand by my decision.  :ols:  I will say that the final scene between whatever Biff incarnation and Marty was good.  But giving Doc Brown a love interest?  Done right there.

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Hmm, that could be a tough one.  Anyone ever watch S. Darko?  I went in with low expectations, and even those were not met.

i never saw that so wasn't sure if it was a sequel or not. Didn't see any reason to watch it honestly. Glad I stayed away 

Donnie is probably too under the radar to be considered for this topic though. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation :mellow:

Doesn't my qualify. They said the first movie had to be considered "very good" 

@BangI think the most disappointed I've ever been walking out of a movie theater was over The Dark Knight Rises. 

The first two are absolutely masterpieces. TDKR...while I do enjoy it and think it's good, it's just so far below the first two in terms of story and writing and direction that it's sad. 

Just one head-scratching decision after another. Even just little things that don't make sense with characters. It just wasn't the conclusion that we deserved or the one we needed. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Whatever, BVStan -_-

Surprised your posts still even accepted into the system after that confession

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i never saw that so wasn't sure if it was a sequel or not. Didn't see any reason to watch it honestly. Glad I stayed away

Yeah, they brought back Daveigh Chase to reprise her role as Donnie's sister Samantha years later.

Cliff notes:

Remember how Donnie travelled back in time and sacrificed himself?  Well they do that again.  Twice.  Also it rains flaming hypercubes.

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, they brought back Daveigh Chase to reprise her role as Donnie's sister Samantha years later.

Cliff notes:

Hide contents

Remember how Donnie travelled back in time and sacrificed himself?  Well they do that again.  Twice.  Also it rains flaming hypercubes.

Seems legit haha

Archived