Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins Schedule Speculation and Rumors

kleese

10 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

It would be even better without the misprint for the Saints game....

It is not a misprint... The Redskins go to the future to play that game and then come back in time to play rest of their games. ;)

Note: I copied from Redskins.com so their guy did the misprint. :D

So the first thing I notice:

We have to travel cross country in between:

Week 1 and 2

Week 2 and 3

Week 6 and 7

Week 9 and 10

Week 14 and 15

Our west coast matchups could not have been scheduled more spaced out or inconveniently.  Maximized amount of travel time

We also only have consecutive home games once this season.  And its a 2 game stretch that doesn't come until week 15 of the season.

6 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!   

LOL

Here you go (again):

DATE OPPONENT (NETWORK) TIME (ET)
Sunday, Sept. 10 vs. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (FOX)  1 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 17 at Los Angeles Rams (FOX) 4:25 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 24 vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS (NBC) #  8:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 2 at Kansas City Chiefs (ESPN)# 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 8 BYE  
Sunday, Oct. 15 vs. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Monday, Oct. 23 at Philadelphia Eagles (ESPN) # 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 29 vs. DALLAS COWBOYS (FOX) 4:25 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 5 at Seattle Seahawks (FOX) 4:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 12 vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 19 at New Orleans Saints (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Thursday, Nov. 23 vs. NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) # 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 30 at Dallas Cowboys (NBC/NFLN/Amazon) # 8:25 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 10 at Los Angeles Chargers (CBS) 4:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Dec. 17 vs. ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Sunday, Dec. 24 vs. DENVER BRONCOS (CBS)  1 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 31 at NEW YORK GIANTS (FOX) 1 p.m.*

Interesting schedule.

We have NO consecutive road or home games till we get to November 30th. It is all home, away, home, away, home, etc.

Not to mention that TWICE they have back-to-back night games.

As I said, interesting schedule.

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I like everything except the early bye week and playing back to back on Thursday......I like that both our Monday night games are on the road....it means we actually have a chance to win

I agree about the early bye-week but grunting through two consecutive Thursday Night games will produce a late-season mini-bye which could come in handy heading into the final 4-game stretch in case players are beat up.

1 hour ago, Gregpeck99 said:

We finally get the Cards at home.

Revenge game!

Skins go 9-7.

I think this season will be about getting to 10-6 or bust.

48 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Ugh 5 primetime games that sucks I don't like that at all.  I prefer 1 oclock games, and we only have 7 of those this year too.

That is an interesting observation. Think a lot of folks generally like to allocate that 1 pm timeslot to watch the Skins, and its going to suck somewhat to have to wait a majority of the weeks of the season.

Of course part of our problem this season is playing both Western divisions, as three out of the four 4 pm starts are west coast road games. The last time the Skins had as few as seven 1 pm games was in 2008, and the funny thing was only one of the five 4 pm starts that year was a true west coast game.

Remember the Pats had something similar, and looked it up and in 2011, they only had five 1 pm starts.

Edit: since the 16-game schedule started in '78, looks like the fewest 1 pm starts the Skins had was six in both 1992 and 2001.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nothing wrong with the schedule. I like it. 

Game on Christmas Eve isn't even a national prime time game, it's a 1 PM game. Could be switched to 4:30 depending on how we look at that point. 

Fox doubleheader and game not cross-flexed so it's locked into the 1300 time slot.

People are wondering why were on national TV so much, well we actually aren't bad. We've had back to back winning seasons, we have a legit franchise QB, and some really exciting players to watch(Jordan Reed, Josh Norman etc.). And we're the Redskins, we're a national brand. We aren't the Browns.

On paper I don't think the schedule is that bad.  It's not easy by any means, but on paper, going by everything we know in April about every team, I'd say the schedule is medium difficulty.  Of course that is just taking into account what I think about the teams on the schedule.  How tough of a schedule is it for THIS TEAM?  Hard to say because the 'Skins have some turnover at key positions which makes it too soon to accurately predict how the "new look" skill position players will perform, as well as the new interior D-line, 2nd year, 3rd year players...etc etc.

I'd say for a playoff caliber team, our schedule is medium difficulty.  

As far as prime time games go.....my preference would be for them to have as few as possible until they are a good team.  Not a "hovers around .500" team.  I don't mind sitting through a prime time game loss, it's more the way this team seems to always fail in the worst way.  Tired of them getting talked up by ESPN or NFL network pregame, all the extra media coverage, and then as soon as the ball is kicked off it's like they revert back to being a 5-11 team.   Part of me is like, oh well they deserve this for thinking they've accomplished anything, but at the same time, as a fan, with a rooting interest, it's hard to sit through over and over.

Archived