Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins Schedule Speculation and Rumors

kleese

I think the roughest part is there are 5 brutal weeks of travel schedule in there.  Starting with the Vikings game we essentially criss cross the country in a short period of time.  We go to Saints next, then have to travel all the way back to DC in 4 days, while the Giants will have been in the area for 2 weeks. Then we have to go all the way out to Dallas, then we have to go all the way out to California.  

I wont be surprised if we falter in that stage, when people are picking us to win games there.

Yeah this is the worst schedule in years for us European fans. Monday night games and thursday night games are unwatchable when you have a job.  This really sucks this year. Watching live football gives a different feeling then watching it back half a day or more later. ?

For the curious people. Six hour time difference...so 1pm games are the best (they start 19.00 local time and finish around 22.00/22.30). 4:25pm games are okay but you wont feel amazing monday morning  (22.25 until 01.30/02.00). 8:30pm games are hell. Most of the time you need to go to bed early. Sleep a couple of hours before the game and hope there is some time left after the game to sleep. (2:30 until 5:30/6:00). 

For the early W/L schedule predictors just remember that last season it was mentioned over and over how we had one of the hardest schedules in the league and we were predicted to be 5-11 and 6-10 by many "analysts".  The final results were an 8-7-1 season that many of us feel could have been 10-6 or better.

Eh, as Bill Parcells once said, "you are what your record says."  People always say "we almost beat such and such" but the Skins also had tight wins on the road against the Giants, Eagles, and Ravens that could've easily gone the other way.......heck, the 11-point win over the friggin Browns was a lot closer than the final score indicates.

I think Kirk is a top 10 QB and should be paid, but until this team as a whole proves itself more over a given stretch, tough to pick much better than 9-7 again.

Hi all. What I don't understand is that the NFL channel stated the Giants have the 8th hardest schedule while we have the 7th hardest. Why is the Giant schedule easier than ours? I thought we all had a balanced schedule? Who gets a easier schedule, only the last place team in a division?

This schedule is brutal, on the other hand playing the top teams is the best way to learn and improve.

14 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Hi all. What I don't understand is that the NFL channel stated the Giants have the 8th hardest schedule while we have the 7th hardest. Why is the Giant schedule easier than ours? I thought we all had a balanced schedule? Who gets a easier schedule, only the last place team in a division?

Mara :silly:

17 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Because we play the Giants (which is ranked higher in strenght) vs Giants play against us (who are ranked lower)? 

This schedule is BY FAR better than last season in terms of rest. Yeah, its a lot of time flying, but I would rather do that than have to continually play on quick turnarounds. I think lower rest time is more detrimental than flight time. Only the thanksgiving game is a 4 day turnaround. Last year, it 

Other than the early bye week which I cannot stand when that happens to us, I like the schedule. Dallas and Minny last year had the back to back Thursday games coming off Thanksgiving so I don't really see that as a problem seeing how Dallas is doing the same thing. Going with 10-6 record. 

Every single year. 

Every one.

"This is the hardest ****ing schedule!!! Oh my god. We'll be lucky to win 7 games!"

It is April 21, you strange creatures. The draft hasn't even happened.

you have zero idea about how hard this schedule is at this point. I will never understand ppl that freak out about this. It's so strange 

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Every single year. 

Every one.

"This is the hardest ****ing schedule!!! Oh my god. We'll be lucky to win 7 games!"

It is April 21, you strange creatures. The draft hasn't even happened.

you have zero idea about how hard this schedule is at this point. I will never understand ppl that freak out about this. It's so strange 

Ummmm....you do realize that this is ES, right?   

14 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

We finally get the Cards at home.

Revenge game!

Skins go 9-7.

Wow, last time they played them at FedEx, the game was full of Skins, cowboys, giants, raiders, titans, ravens, panthers, cards, and eagle fans 

I still feel like we got the raw end of the scheduling deal ...

• Two holiday home games.  I'm not sure how it is for other STHs but the passing of my mom's husband four-plus months ago means she is by herself in southern Virginia.  And, because she won't drive distance, I will be damned if she is going to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas alone.  Because we have an interconference opponent for Christmas Eve, the only way you might get your money back is selling to the opposing fan base.
  • Placement of divisional games.  We have both games with Philly before we face the remaining divisional foes and our second to last divisional game is with five weeks left in the season.  At that point, the Giants have four remaining.  Where's the balance?
  • Division home-and-home.  We finish all three divisional series on the road while the Giants get all theirs at home.
  • Back to back Thursday games.  We're on the road (at New Orleans) before Thanksgiving, then go back on the road afterward.  Meanwhile, Dallas plays at home prior to its two Thursday games.  I was expecting us to be at home the Sunday before Thanksgiving.
  • Nothing that resembles a home stand.  We got saddled with three straight on the road last year so you'd think we could get some relief in the form of a pair of two-game home stands.  Nope.
  •  

As it stands now, I will have to sell the two holiday games.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@HouseBowlrz, if you're looking to sell your Christmas Eve tickets ;) you know how to reach me :D 

The one catch there is my stepsister's husband's brother-in-law (his sister's husband who is a Broncos fan) and I were talking last Christmas about the Denver game.  He came down in 2009 for it, had a blast especially tailgating and said "let's do it again".  (Not sure if he will want to do that with the scheduled date.)

I will get back to you on that, though ...

thanks

15 hours ago, zskins said:
DATE OPPONENT (NETWORK) TIME (ET)
Sunday, Sept. 10 vs. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (FOX)  1 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 17 at Los Angeles Rams (FOX) 4:25 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 24 vs. OAKLAND RAIDERS (NBC) #  8:30 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 2 at Kansas City Chiefs (ESPN)# 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 8 BYE  
Sunday, Oct. 15 vs. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Monday, Oct. 23 at Philadelphia Eagles (ESPN) # 8:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 29 vs. DALLAS COWBOYS (FOX) 4:25 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 5 at Seattle Seahawks (FOX) 4:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 12 vs. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Sunday, Nov. 19 at New Orleans Saints (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Thursday, Nov. 23 vs. NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) # 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 30 at Dallas Cowboys (NBC/NFLN/Amazon) # 8:25 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 10 at Los Angeles Chargers (CBS) 4:05 p.m.*
Sunday, Dec. 17 vs. ARIZONA CARDINALS (FOX) 1 p.m.*
Sunday, Dec. 24 vs. DENVER BRONCOS (CBS)  1 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 31 at NEW YORK GIANTS (FOX) 1 p.m.*

Let's see, my pre-draft look:

w1: Eagles - We should win this one. 1-0

w2: @Rams -  I have this feeling, we find a way to lose this game.  1-1

w3: Raiders - Primetime against a Superbowl contender, we lose. 1-2

w4: @Chiefs- Primetime on the road, we lose. 1-3

w5: Bye- This year, I think the bye will be needed early.

w6: 49ers - we crush them, giving Kirk second thoughts about going there in the future. 2-3

w7: @Eagles -  we lose a close one, in primetime. 2-4

w8: Boys - We win a close one. 3-4

w9: @ Seahawks - They own us. :(  3-5

w10: Vikings - A rare win. 4-5

w11: @Saints- A road win, against a fading team. 5-5

w12: Giants- A rare primetime win for us. First time hosting a Turkey Day game; we win this one. 6-5

w13: @Boys - Back to primetime losing. 6-6

w14: @Chargers -  Win. 7-6

w15: Cards - Win - 8-6

w16: Broncos - Loss, think their defense, still good enough to shut us down. 8-7

w17: @ Giants- Loss. We don't have the hunger. 8-8.

The schedule screams another mediocre season to me. I'll go with 8-8 and our third straight non-losing season.  We could do a little worse and finish with 6 or 7 wins or maybe a little better with 9 or even 10 wins. I just have the feeling; this season will be unsatisfying.

Archived