Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins Schedule Speculation and Rumors

kleese

55 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I guessed this back on page 1. and everyone said nope. Last year highest rated thanksgiving game ever. Of course Skins will be playing on thanksgiving. I have feeling if it goes like last year, we become that 3rd team trhe NFL is looking for

2 minutes ago, just654 said:

I guessed this back on page 1. and everyone said nope. Last year highest rated thanksgiving game ever. Of course Skins will be playing on thanksgiving. I have feeling if it goes like last year, we become that 3rd team trhe NFL is looking for

I'm going to politely disagree here. The Cowboys were fun again with two rookies leading the offense and Skins were playing as well as anyone in the NFC. It was a heavyweight matchup at the time. It being one of NFL's best rivalries helped a little bit too. My point is- the big ratings were dictated by a few different variables, not just because it was the Redskins and the theory that they draw in people

4 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

I'm going to politely disagree here. The Cowboys were fun again with two rookies leading the offense and Skins were playing as well as anyone in the NFC. It was a heavyweight matchup at the time. It being one of NFL's best rivalries helped a little bit too. My point is- the big ratings were dictated by a few different variables, not just because it was the Redskins and the theory that they draw in people

I dont disagree, but the NFL is looking for a team to bring ratings to that 3rd NFL game, it is always the lowest rated of the 3 on the day. Why not try the team involoved in the highest rate game ever on the day. I wont disagree that a lot of factors were in play that led to the higest ratings. But I can see how we got picked

That's just a bull**** way to screw the Skins. New Year's Day, last season, now Thanksgiving??  Thursday games suck donkey balls. There's nothing good about them. What's worse, is that they'll probably schedule us to play a 4:00 pm game, on the 19th. Hopefully,  we'll have a bye on the 19th,  which will make it slightly more palatable

16 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

That's just a bull**** way to screw the Skins. New Year's Day, last season, now Thanksgiving??  Thursday games suck donkey balls. There's nothing good about them. What's worse, is that they'll probably schedule us to play a 4:00 pm game, on the 19th. Hopefully,  we'll have a bye on the 19th,  which will make it slightly more palatable

Just when I thought the league could not screw us any worse than the short turnaround last year (Sunday night --> Thanksgiving afternoon), now they are putting a home divisional game on Turkey night.

25 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The knife in our collective backs would continue to twist if we get a Christmas Eve home game against a dog opponent (a la 2011 against the Vikings).

15 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

Just when I thought the league could not screw us any worse than the short turnaround last year (Sunday night --> Thanksgiving afternoon), now they are putting a home divisional game on Turkey night.

Every team plays a Thursday night game now.  Last year all were divisional except NE/Hou, Pitt/INDY, and Dal/Minny

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/20/report-redskins-set-host-first-thanksgiving-game/

Washington Times confirming ... 

2 minutes ago, BigHuv21 said:

Every team plays a Thursday night game now.  Last year all were divisional except NE/Hou, Pitt/INDY, and Dal/Minny

I know this but a home game on Thanksgiving night, taking us away from family traditions and such ...

4 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I know this but a home game on Thanksgiving night, taking us away from family traditions and such ...

I'd like to think the league would take this into account.  If we have a home game on Thanksgiving, hopefully we won't have one on Christmas Eve.  I'm not optimistic though.  My guess is we'll be home both holidays, and I'll see my family in 2018.

Call me a tradition freak.  It's always been Cowboys and Lions at home and I hope it stays that way.  I'm guessing that there is a 3rd game on NFLN on Thanksgiving night with Skins hosting the Giants. 

Just now, RWJ said:

Call me a tradition freak.  It's always been Cowboys and Lions at home and I hope it stays that way.  I'm guessing that there is a 3rd game on NFLN on Thanksgiving night with Skins hosting the Giants. 

last year the 3rd game was on nbc as a Sunday night special. 

35 minutes ago, BigHuv21 said:

That doesn't make it any less painful, especially to those of us who go to games.

Thursday night games are a joke. I asked a few players about it, and they hate them. The guys I talked to said it throws everything off, sleep, practice and, most of all, recovery time. They said that their bodies are almost back to normal, by Thursday.The only thing worse than Thursday games, are international games. 

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yeah it would be the 8:30 game. Lions get the usual 12:30 game, and cowboys get the 4:30 game. 

23 minutes ago, santana_4_prez said:

Broncos host chargers week 1 and Chiefs go to NE.  So we know we won't be playing those two teams week 1.

Three teams actually.... we play the Chargers, Broncos, and Chiefs this year. So we know none of those will be week 1... and we know we won't be hosting the Giants week one.

I'm fine with the Thanksgiving Game.... being at home on a Thursday holiday is a little bit more of home field advantage than normal. Giants will be the ones that have to travel, etc. on Wednesday. I don't love the "every team must play Thursday" thing at all and I agree with others that the product is general worse--- but if we have to do it, having it on Turkey Day is cool with me. All of our family tradition type stuff is usually done by early evening. Plenty of time to settle in for the night game. I'm an out-of-towner so it doesn't affect me like it would a season ticket holder. But technically speaking, I think we got the advantage here being at home for this game.

Archived