Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins Schedule Speculation and Rumors

kleese

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

with kyle shanahan most likely going to San Francisco once the falcons season is over, and since the 49ers are due to play the skins at FedEx, do you suppose that would be pre-scheduled for a primetime game? yes I know I know, nobody wants any more primetime FedEx Field games. I don't either, but just wondering if that game could be a possibility.

i'd say no, most likely a 4:30 game. but would love to hear your opinion on it man :) 

always enjoy getting your opinion on scheduling stuff, since you seem to be pretty knowledgeable about it

LOL...What? SF at Wash has 1:00 pm written all over it.

If they didn't schedule RGIII's return for prime time, no way is the former OC's return a big deal. 

33 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LOL...What? SF at Wash has 1:00 pm written all over it.

If they didn't schedule RGIII's return for prime time, no way is the former OC's return a big deal. 

I don't know about 1:00, that would pretty much have the 49ers playing a game on 10 AM west coast time. I know that has happened in the past, in 2005 we hosted the 49ers for a 1 PM game. Does it happen that often though, a west coast team playing on the east coast at 1? 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don't know about 1:00, that would pretty much have the 49ers playing a game on 10 AM west coast time. I know that has happened in the past, in 2005 we hosted the 49ers for a 1 PM game. Does it happen that often though, a west coast team playing on the east coast at 1? 

It happens quite often. 

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I bet our game against the Rams will be on MNF and the very next week we'll play the Chargers in LA, thus allowing us to just stay on the west coast. Maybe give us a bye after that.

Nah, knowing the NFL, they'll give us a Thursday night game following two west coast games ? Cause, ya know, why the **** not...

I really hope they do the @Rams &  @Chargers game as a back to back.  I have relatives in Southern California so I could make a trip out of it, take the week off work.  I did a similar thing in 2006 when the 'Skins played Dallas and Houston in consecutive weeks, my best friend still lived in Houston at the time so I flew down and went to both games.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I really hope they do the @Rams &  @Chargers game as a back to back.  I have relatives in Southern California so I could make a trip out of it, take the week off work.  I did a similar thing in 2006 when the 'Skins played Dallas and Houston in consecutive weeks, my best friend still lived in Houston at the time so I flew down and went to both games.

You read my mind. I was going to post this exact same thing. They could stay over on the west coast for a couple of weeks and get two quick road wins back to back.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

You read my mind. I was going to post this exact same thing. They could stay over on the west coast for a couple of weeks and get two quick road wins back to back.

Honestly, the NFL should feel obligated to do this after the scheduling ridiculousness they put the 'Skins through in 2016.  If they don't, then the Los Angeles trips better be separated out at least a couple months from each other.

3 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

i would hope its seattle and LA.  dont really want to spend a whole week or 10 days in LA lol

I agree with a lot that Kleese posted. My predictions:

1 SNF game:

Dallas or NY

Maybe:

Oak or Philly (Philly is going to get their share of prime time like the other NFCE teams)

2 MNF:

NFCE Opp, Chiefs, Cards, Vikings, Saints

Maybe:

Broncos (if they sign Romo before schedule release)

1 TNF:

NFCE Opp

4:25 Fox Game of the Week:

Seattle, Cards

1:00 P.M. Homecoming game w/ Throwbacks:

vs 49ers

11 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

I agree with a lot that Kleese posted. My predictions:

1 SNF game:

Dallas or NY

Maybe:

Oak or Philly (Philly is going to get their share of prime time like the other NFCE teams)

2 MNF:

NFCE Opp, Chiefs, Cards, Vikings, Saints

Maybe:

Broncos (if they sign Romo before schedule release)

1 TNF:

NFCE Opp

4:25 Fox Game of the Week:

Seattle, Cards

1:00 P.M. Homecoming game w/ Throwbacks:

vs 49ers

Agree with all of that except I don't see our game with Arizona being a featured game at all. Also not sure Redskins at Seahawks is strong enough to be scheduled as the main 4:25 game either. Obviously we will play at least three 4:05/4:25 games next year out West (unless they are on prime time which I think is doubtful), but I don't see any of those as strong late feature games. I believe all three of those will be heavily regional. The home game with Arizona has 1pm written on it to me unless maybe MNF. If you are looking for 4:25 Sunday feature candidates I think Dallas/NYG are very strong possibilities. The only other one I could see is Oakland as that would be an opportunity for CBS to feature an NFCE market, but that's about it. 

3 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

No MNF home games please!  It's probably going to happen anyway, but it's worth asking.

this 100%. We had two last season though, so I think in 2017 we'll be on the road.

Our Thursday Night game will probably be at home though. My prediction is we get the Eagles at home on TNF.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:56 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

I will speculate that whatever our schedule ends up being; Skins fans are due for massive disappointment in 2017.  No coach under Dan Snyder has lasted more than 4 years and I expect that trend to continue after 2017.  I have this feeling we are going to crash and burn in 2017.  Even if Kirk gets his millions; I think he will mentally fail to live up to, that salary he would be getting.  I don't think we are going to get a quality DC. My gut sees a house cleaning after this season and that could include Scot.

Wow, you are definitely Debbie Downer!  

On 1/18/2017 at 8:00 PM, Warhead36 said:

I bet our game against the Rams will be on MNF and the very next week we'll play the Chargers in LA, thus allowing us to just stay on the west coast. Maybe give us a bye after that.

When was the last time the NFL was kind to the 'Skins?

I wonder what the team would think of a Sunday/Thursday West Coast trip.  Then they come back for a built-in mini-bye, with the expectation that they would stay out on the west coast between Sunday and Thursday.  If that's the case, I wonder where they could set up to practice/prepare?

On 1/18/2017 at 11:42 PM, c slag said:

If Kirk signed with another team on our schedule...that game might be a night game...or a fox 4 15 game

I'm pretty sure the schedule will be most likely set before Kirk's destination would be known.  (I also think he's going to be here.)

Also, I think there's only one team on the schedule that has a chance to land Kirk, and that's the 49ers.  And I don't see any way that game ends up as anything other than a 1pm game. 

On 1/19/2017 at 5:54 PM, NoCalMike said:

Honestly, the NFL should feel obligated to do this after the scheduling ridiculousness they put the 'Skins through in 2016.  If they don't, then the Los Angeles trips better be separated out at least a couple months from each other.

I'd like to introduce you to the little **** that is John Mara, and his lapdog Goodell, and ask when the last time anything went the 'Skins way?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just need the NO game to be early in the season so I can go.  I will more than likely be heading over seas for 3 years at the end of September.  Who over controls this, make it happen!

I'm most likely going to the NO game.  My wife and I got married in NoLA.  Love it down there. It would actually be awesome if we opened at NoLA, because it would be on my birthday, and that would be a fun b-day present.  And my wife would love going also. She's a Saints fan, but it would still be fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we don't open at New Orleans, my preference would be to open at the Rams.  Because the sooner we get the Rams, the better matchup its going to be for us.  First time HC, DC that hasn't coached a game with the players yet, the sooner the better.

Same would go for 49ers.  But I think there's more talent on the Rams, and that Wade is going to have a pretty good defense there, and the 49ers are probably going to struggle all year. 

I'll take the Rams at 1PM opening weekend. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

When was the last time the NFL was kind to the 'Skins?

I'd like to introduce you to the little **** that is John Mara, and his lapdog Goodell, and ask when the last time anything went the 'Skins way?

You mean other teams don't get MNF followed up by Saturday games?  Or west coast on a short week?  Or the dreaded Sun Night/ Thursday night? 

Archived