Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Redskins Schedule Speculation and Rumors

kleese

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I just want to know when they play the Chargers.  I was planning a trip to SD to visit my friend and we were going to go to the game, and we still might do it and rent a hotel for the night by the stadium they are now playing in.  But I hope it's earlier in the year because I already have a trip planned in November.

well the chargers are in LA now so you will have to drive from LA to sd. 

Hello everybody ! I am from Germany and Redskins-Fan since 2011. Between 07.09.17 and 25.09.17 I am on my Holiday in San-Francisco. I hope the Redskins will play at Chargers or Rams in this period of time.

Is there a realistic chance? What do you think about it?

Best wishes an HTTR from Kiel, Germany.

27 minutes ago, Ümann said:

Hello everybody ! I am from Germany and Redskins-Fan since 2011. Between 07.09.17 and 25.09.17 I am on my Holiday in San-Francisco. I hope the Redskins will play at Chargers or Rams in this period of time.

Is there a realistic chance? What do you think about it?

Best wishes an HTTR from Kiel, Germany.

Well, you arrive the day the Patriots will open the season on Thursday night and you leave on a Monday--- so unless we happen to play that Monday you leave, we will play three games while you are in the states. Certainly a chance we play out in Los Angeles whe you are here. I wouldn't think week one--- just going off of history that doesn't seem likely. Although there isn't anything that would preclude that from happening. 

The schedule is released next week?

I had a trip to New-York City last year in December. By train it was a possible chance to watch the Skins at Home. But they had an away game. So maby I am lucky at this trip.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-here-are-10-things-we-already-know-about-the-2017-nfl-schedule/?ftag=SPM-04-10abb3a&ET_CID=20579&ET_RID=16237600

Pay particular attention to item 6 that speculates the Week 17 SNF game is likely to not be at an Eastern Time Zone stadium.  So I would expect Dallas to be at home that year which still leaves us possibly hosting New York or Philadelphia ... (we hosted NYG last year so we may get the road game for NYE)

It will be interesting to see if the league schedules divisional "duds" at EST stadiums; with it being all divisional games, a minimum of six are in play ...

NFC East: one of ... FedEx Field, The Linc, MetLife

NFC North: none as three of the four are in CST

NFC South: one of ... Raymond James, Mercedes Benz, Bank of America

AFC East: two as all four teams are in EST

AFC North: two as all four teams are in EST

AFC South: none as two of the four are in CST

I doubt we would host a New Year's Eve game; if we do, it won't be against Dallas.  Consequently, we'll probably be on the hook for a Christmas Eve game unless we get tagged for the Saturday night game.

Figured this was the most appropriate thread.

For those of you coming to either game in LA we will be planning a large tailgate for all the traveling Skins fans complete with Chef Drew.  We are getting together with the local pub/support groups so we can have a big ol tailgate for both events.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!  

56 minutes ago, HouseBowlrz said:

Pay particular attention to item 6 that speculates the Week 17 SNF game is likely to not be at an Eastern Time Zone stadium.  So I would expect Dallas to be at home that year which still leaves us possibly hosting New York or Philadelphia ... (we hosted NYG last year so we may get the road game for NYE)

I doubt we would host a New Year's Eve game; if we do, it won't be against Dallas.  Consequently, we'll probably be on the hook for a Christmas Eve game unless we get tagged for the Saturday night game.

Interesting.  They can try and plan for contingencies, which is nice.  But technically there is no scheduled Week 17 SNF.  The spot is open and guaranteed to have a game flexed into it depending on the most enticing playoff matchup.

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Interesting.  They can try and plan for contingencies, which is nice.  But technically there is no scheduled Week 17 SNF.  The spot is open and guaranteed to have a game flexed into it depending on the most enticing playoff matchup.

Right.  The opponents will already be scheduled, so if the matchup between two Eastern divisional teams happens to be the most appealing, I don't see what choice they'd have. Unless perhaps to push the game back to, say, 7 or 7:30 pm instead of 8:30.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:22 PM, Alcoholic Zebra said:

On 4/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, hail2skins said:

Right.  The opponents will already be scheduled, so if the matchup between two Eastern divisional teams happens to be the most appealing, I don't see what choice they'd have. Unless perhaps to push the game back to, say, 7 or 7:30 pm instead of 8:30.

The best they could do is minimize the number of home games in Easter Time Zone stadiums; still, the minimum would be six (NFCE: 1; NFCS: 1; AFCE: 2; AFCN: 2) but that does not take into account the multi-use stadiums such as the Mercedes-Benz dome (Saints) that might have to go on the road due to the Sugar Bowl.

And, as far as the South goes, we know Raymond James hosts a New Year's Day bowl game so expect the Bucs to be on the road; should the Saints have to travel as well, Atlanta and Carolina are your host stadiums (making it seven guaranteed in EST).

I just hope we don't get stuck with a Christmas Eve home game with a dog for an opponent.  Was there even 10k at the stadium in 2011 when we (at 4-10) hosted the Vikings (at 2-12)??

I was thinking about this earlier.. I can't remember the last season where we did not face the Cowboys on either SNF or MNF. I expect that tradition to remain the same.  Also, I cannot recall the last time we faced the Eagles (either away or at home) on SNF? I know it wouldn't be a strong game for the SNF lineup this upcoming season but the recent Skins vs Eagles rivalry games have been close fought entertaining games.

1 hour ago, beachboy757 said:

I was thinking about this earlier.. I can't remember the last season where we did not face the Cowboys on either SNF or MNF. I expect that tradition to remain the same.  Also, I cannot recall the last time we faced the Eagles (either away or at home) on SNF? I know it wouldn't be a strong game for the SNF lineup this upcoming season but the recent Skins vs Eagles rivalry games have been close fought entertaining games.

We did play the Cowboys in the high profile Thanksgiving game just last season, but not on SNF/MNF. But yeah, before that, seems like you might have to go back to 2007 to find the last time the Skins/Cowboys did not have one of their two games at night.

And we did play the Eagles on Saturday night in 2015, when we clinched the division up there. I remember us playing them on SNF at FedEx in 2005, when Ryan Clark intercepted McNabb at the end to preserve a win.

16 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I'd be ok with that :) 

i was pretty bummed about losing to Dallas last thanksgiving, but I'm always down for a skins game while eating turkey and pie :) 

Archived