Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This makes me sick to say, but go Cowboys!

kgor93

4 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

And for for those saying "I can't root for Dallas" tell me you weren't rooting hard for NO today.  Yeah that's what I thought

Yeah, not seeing your reasoning here. The saints aren't our division enemy, obviously nobody would have any trouble rooting hard for the saints. Dallas is in our division, some people are going to have trouble cheering for a division enemy. 

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, not seeing your reasoning here. The saints aren't our division enemy, obviously nobody would have any trouble rooting hard for the saints. Dallas is in our division, some people are going to have trouble cheering for a division enemy. 

Dude we are trying to make the freaking playoffs for two years in a row. Hell yea I will root for Dallas and after they beat the Lions I will go back hating the with a passion. And people saying we don't deserve it that is such BS. Just because Hopkins missed a chip shot FG I am not going to cut this team down by saying they don't deserve it. In fact we still need to beat the Giants no matter what to make it in. That means sweep them and the Eagles and we didn't deserve this because we need to root for the boys Monday. What convoluted thought process is that?

14 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

Yeah, like no wildcard team has never caught fire in the playoffs. This is ignorance at best. 

Umm..... What does being a wildcard team have to do with anything? If you actually read my post and had any type of reading comprehension skills it was based on us not having a defense not us being a wildcard team. So with that being said you have me beat by far when it comes to ignorance. Nice try though.....

12 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Sorry but I cant root for the Cowboys knowing that this team had their destiny in their hands to control. Now they put us as fans in an unusual position to cheer for Dallas. Nah.... I'll pass. If Dallas win, i wont be upset nor happy because they're going to the playoffs anyway. Maybe if we had a defense it would give me something to be excited for but I just dont want the team to make it to the playoffs just to say they made it and get whipped in the first game like last year. Our defense is not gonna allow us to make a run even if we did get in the playoffs.

31 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Umm..... What does being a wildcard team have to do with anything? If you actually read my post and had any type of reading comprehension skills it was based on us not having a defense not us being a wildcard team. So with that being said you have me beat by far when it comes to ignorance. Nice try though.....

Read the bold, underlined, italicized part that YOU wrote and what I responded to. The playoff spot we are fighting for is a wildcard spot. That's where I got that from. You're assuming if we make the playoffs, we'll lose. Looks like you need reading comprehension on your own posts. I'm sorry that you're not very intelligent, but Merry Christmas anyway. 

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Dude we are trying to make the freaking playoffs for two years in a row. Hell yea I will root for Dallas and after they beat the Lions I will go back hating the with a passion. And people saying we don't deserve it that is such BS. Just because Hopkins missed a chip shot FG I am not going to cut this team down by saying they don't deserve it. In fact we still need to beat the Giants no matter what to make it in. That means sweep them and the Eagles and we didn't deserve this because we need to root for the boys Monday. What convoluted thought process is that?

I agree. I was really down on the Skins after last Monday, but if they get in, the deserve it. If they don't, they have themselves to blame, not the Cowboys or anyone else.

While I may respect your desire to see the Skins in the playoffs, my alternate opinion is, fornicate Dallas.

Either this team deserves to make the playoffs of their own accord or they don't.  Do your own business and make your own success.  Grab it by the balls, snatch it yourself with 0 expectation of help from anyone else.  Screw groveling and skewing allegiances to those scum sucking ****s.

If I have to root for the Cowboys to get in so be it.  And for those who don't believe we would have a shot, think about this.

We will have swept the #5 seed, so they shouldn't scare us.

You could argue we should have split with the Cowboys, they shouldn't scare us.

Should have beat the Lions, they shouldn't scare us

we beat the Packers (if they win the division).

The only teams we haven't played this year are the Falcons and the Seahawks.  Neither of them are as good as the Cowboys.  I guess my point is, why not?  Why can't this team take steps in the playoffs?  There isn't a team in I don't believe they can't beat.  Anything could happen.

13 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Sorry but I cant root for the Cowboys knowing that this team had their destiny in their hands to control. Now they put us as fans in an unusual position to cheer for Dallas. Nah.... I'll pass. If Dallas win, i wont be upset nor happy because they're going to the playoffs anyway. Maybe if we had a defense it would give me something to be excited for but I just dont want the team to make it to the playoffs just to say they made it and get whipped in the first game like last year. Our defense is not gonna allow us to make a run even if we did get in the playoffs.

u dont like our defense dont watch our games

IMO, if you aren't ACTIVELY rooting for the Cowboys Monday then you probably aren't as big of a Redskins fan as you think. Good chance you hate Dallas more than you love Washington. It's even easier than normal right now because Dallas is 100% locked into position-- so it's not like there is some sort of pain for their team and fans if they lose. 

1 minute ago, kleese said:

IMO, if you aren't ACTIVELY rooting for the Cowboys Monday then you probably aren't as big of a Redskins fan as you think. Good chance you hate Dallas more than you love Washington. It's even easier than normal right now because Dallas is 100% locked into position-- so it's not like there is some sort of pain for their team and fans if they lose. 

Lol, I laughed at this, because I'm pretty sure personally I just MIGHT hate Dallas more than I love the Skins. 

But I have to hope we get the shot at knocking them off in January. 

So....ugh....disgusting....but....Go Dallas tomorrow. 

And Merry Christmas, kids. 

1 hour ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I'm not saying I agree with people that say they can't root for Dallas. I have been doing just that for the last 3 weeks :) anything to help out the skins. 

My point was that not wanting to root for Dallas is different than rooting for the saints. Of course for some people it will be much easier to cheer for the saints (non division team) than to cheer for the cowboys (division team). I'm not one of those people though. 

2 hours ago, kleese said:

I'm just kind of blah about tomorrow's game.  Don't really like or hate either team.

Just want the Skins to finish strong at 9-6-1 and sure, would love to see them play at least one more week after January 1 with a chance to advance.  But if it doesn't happen for us at 9-6-1 I'm not going to be crushed.  The future seems bright anyway, and one of these seasons we're going to have a good enough record that we'll be the ones that clinch a spot before week 17.

18 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Agreed 

Playoff berth with this team is meaningless.  We have some pieces to build on mainly offense but the defense needs a complete enema before we can even think about winnjng anything

I get good and pissed at the Redskins every single game BUT I still want them to win every week no matter what.  I don't care how ugly it is.  I lost my pride years ago when it comes to being a fan of the Redskins.   I just want them to win.  And while I may not agree with other posters regarding a number of the players and positions on numerous topics on this board here is my bottom line:  I will ROOT my ass off for the stinking Cowpokes Monday night to beat the **** out of the Lions with NO compunction whatsoever.  And then as soon as the final whistle goes off i will go back to wishing the Girls nothing but loss and misery as I fantasize vividly of them being eliminated in the playoffs.  I then will expect the Skins to come out and beat the Giants and I will probably not have a voice when the game is over but I want a victory and I don't care how ugly it is.   And when they get in the playoffs I don't care how ugly it is JUST WIN.  

Or you can also:

root for the Lions to win their last two games, that works fine as well.

Or have them win against the cowboys and tie the Packers...

Or them to tie their last two games...

Or tie against the cowboys and win against Green Bay...

All of this gets us in the playoffs as long as we beat the Giants.

18 hours ago, VeroViper said:

I hate the Cowboys. But if our playoff hopes ride on a Cowboy victory, then by all means I'm pulling for a Cowboy victory. Then I'll be rooting my arse off for the Cowboys to get knocked out in the divisional round!

If The Skins knock them out of the playoffs it would make it that more awesome. :)

IF we happen to get in, they need to win the WC round to get the shot at Dallas, and almost as good a feeling as making the SB would be knocking their asses out.

Meanwhile, instead of rooting for Dallas against Detroit, i'll be rooting for the Lions to make mistakes; instead of cheering for a Dallas CB, i'll cheer the Lions receiver dropping the ball. Instead of cheering for Dallas d-line to get a sack, i'll cheer when the Lions o-line breaks down.

At least this way I can still claim to never cheer for Dallas; deniability; that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Archived