Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Elect Trump Announces U.S. Election Riddled With Voter Fraud

Dan T.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Partially why I didn't vote for him.  I didn't want to be reminded that I did, I also didn't want to be lumped in with anyone who *actually* thought this was a good idea.  

I'm still holding out a bit of hope that he'll get it together.  Seriously though, the twitter has to go.  

I used to think that the twitter thing needed to go, but not now. I want him without his filter.

I see a lot of people say to take his phone away so he can't tweet and while I agree completely, that doesn't address the problem. It's not that he tweets this stuff, it's that he really thinks about these things and that he really believes these things. 

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I used to think that the twitter thing needed to go, but not now. I want him without his filter.

But do you really?  I know you get a little heated when it comes to stuff like this but like it our not, he's still the President Elect of our country.  You might not like it, but you also don't want him to fail and you also don't want him to look like an asshole on a national stage.  Because while that'll reinforce your thoughts on him, what does that do for the greater good?  It's like trying to drive down the field with a few minutes to go and taking a big sack to make it 3rd and 18.  I don't believe you'd ever root for that.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But do you really?  I know you get a little heated when it comes to stuff like this but like it our not, he's still the President Elect of our country.  You might not like it, but you also don't want him to fail and you also don't want him to look like an asshole on a national stage.  Because while that'll reinforce your thoughts on him, what does that do for the greater good?  It's like trying to drive down the field with a few minutes to go and taking a big sack to make it 3rd and 18.  I don't believe you'd ever root for that.

This might actually deserve it's own thread, but people (including Obama) say they want Trump to be successful since it would mean success for the country. I don't get that logic unless one supports Trumps policies. I want America to be successful not Trump. The two are not tied together in their fate when it comes to all the policies of America. 

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The more of a manchild he shows himself to be, the more unfit he demonstrates himself, the more putulent and petty he proves will all expedite his ouster.

Sometimes the world needs to see just how bad the QB is so they can be pulled with resounding support. With Trump it can't be backroom whispers and innuendo, EVERYONE needs to see it, so that when it happens everyone will be on the same page.

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Partially why I didn't vote for him.  I didn't want to be reminded that I did, I also didn't want to be lumped in with anyone who *actually* thought this was a good idea.  

I'm still holding out a bit of hope that he'll get it together.  Seriously though, the twitter has to go.  

Bottom line is trump is most likely going to be our president for 4 years and the further behind the curtain he go's the more damage he can cause.

We need as much visibility of his stupidity as possible.

Donald Trump is paranoid. He can't seem to fathom that half the country doesn't like him. 

That's my biggest gripe with him. He not only has said hateful things in the past but he is so audacious. He doesn't have any logic or reasoning to base his claim of voter fraud so he just spews nonsense.

I laugh at the people who are donating to the recount effort.  Stein can keep that money for herself.  There is no regulation protecting it.

I'm not really sure what the point of the recount effort is other than to try and delegitimize Trump, which frankly isnt necessary.  He does it all by himself hourly.....for free.

32 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

It isn't a matter of whether I've seen enough, there is still a large number of Americans who aren't convinced yet that he's a mistake....yet.

True, but there's no guarantee many of them ever will be.  People's ability to rationalize and explain away things no matter how awful or ridiculous they are can be shocking.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

C'mon, you know as well as I do that there'll always be a contingent that'll defend it to the end.  

I'm not looking to convert them all but if we can knock the number down significantly then there we can transition more easily. But it will take awhile because they all still think he's gonna start behaving...any second now....

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

True, but there's no guarantee many of them ever will be.  People's ability to rationalize and explain away things no matter how awful or ridiculous they are can be shocking.

Hiding it certainly won't help expose it.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

I laugh at the people who are donating to the recount effort.  Stein can keep that money for herself.  There is no regulation protecting it.

I'm not really sure what the point of the recount effort is other than to try and delegitimize Trump, which frankly isnt necessary.  He does it all by himself hourly.....for free.

Yeah, my suspicion is that this whole recount thing is simply a vehicle for promoting Stein's name. Probably for a run for the Dem nomination in '20. 

And simply a vehicle for a fishing expedition, looking for things that will outrage the already outraged. 

- - - - 

Having said that, though. I also think (granted, based on nothing other than assumption) it's obvious what Trump's announcement says, too. 

1). The GOP has decided that one of their most important objectives, for this opportunity, is more voter suppression. 

2). They not only want more voter suppression, they want it quickly. (Among other reasons, because they want people to have forgotten it, when the election comes around). 

3). They've decided that the best way to accomplish this, is to push a completely fabricated cover story. (After all, it's their "go to play", for the last 30 years. And it keeps working.)

4). And either Trump is a sucker, who the GOP is able to trick into saying obviously untrue things on command. Or Trump is knowingly saying obviously untrue things, simply to benefit a political party that is using him. 

I will further observe that NONE of the above are good for the country. They're simply good for the Republican Party. 

(Which is why some ES posters approve of, and will assist in, the effort.)

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

4). And either Trump is a sucker, who the GOP is able to trick into saying obviously untrue things on command. Or Trump is knowingly saying obviously untrue things, simply to benefit a political party that is using him. 

I am certain that everyone has recognized that the narrative is now about Trump's backlash to the stupid recount effort and Trump's obviously untrue thing about millions of fraudulent voters, rather than his myriad conflicts of interest (which I'm just going to call corruption, which is what it is).  

It's not a coincidence that Trump did this immediately after the country's largest newspaper published a behemoth of an article unpacking his conflicts around the globe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/26/us/politics/donald-trump-international-business.html?ref=politics&_r=0

It's really amazing that the best way to combat serious and well-supported reporting that makes you look bad is to just say something crazy.  The media, and the people that chug it down, are so simple.  

Oh, I don't think this was done to distract attention from a scandal.  

For one thing, I don't think there's been a scandal.  At least not yet.  

The fact that Trump has fingers in pies all over the place isn't exactly Earth shattering.  And I doubt that he's actually done anything worthy of being called "corruption", yet.  Hasn't had the position long enough, and doesn't really have that much power, yet.  

I strongly suspect that there's going to be corruption.  On a massive scale. Corruption is simply what the guy does.  It's what he thinks is his skill.  And it's obvious that the guy believes himself immune from rules (a trait common to lots of politicians, only greatly magnified, in Trump's case), and has absolutely no impulse control.  

No, I strongly suspect that the claims of massive voter fraud is intended as a cover story for future actions.  Like the voter suppression measures which Republicans are already beginning to float.  

It's possible, but a far simpler and to me, more likely, explanation is that Donald Trump is a thin-skinned narcissist who can't stand even implied criticism, so when a recount came up with just the suggestion that maybe he didn't win those states, he immediately lashed out with a rant about how not only did he win those states, he also actually won other states too, except for cheating, because how could he lose without cheating, amirite?

As opposed to the fraud some of the left are claiming, with their evidence of different machines producing different voting patterns

(While ignoring the work done to show that the changes match demographic changes)

:ols:

This whole year, politically speaking, is a clown show. What cracks me up most is how some on each side are convinced they're superior to their counter-dimwitts 

9 minutes ago, techboy said:

It's possible, but a far simpler and to me, more likely, explanation is that Donald Trump is a thin-skinned narcissist who can't stand even implied criticism, so when a recount came up with just the suggestion that maybe he didn't win those states, he immediately lashed out with a rant about how not only did he win those states, he also actually won other states too, except for cheating, because how could he lose without cheating, amirite?

A believable theory, as well.  

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

As opposed to the fraud some of the left are claiming, with their evidence of different machines producing different voting patterns

(

Haven't actually seen any claims of such "evidence", myself.  

I'd be willing to weigh the validity of such evidence, if I'd seen any.  

28 minutes ago, Larry said:

Oh, I don't think this was done to distract attention from a scandal.  

For one thing, I don't think there's been a scandal.  At least not yet.  

The fact that Trump has fingers in pies all over the place isn't exactly Earth shattering.  And I doubt that he's actually done anything worthy of being called "corruption", yet.  Hasn't had the position long enough, and doesn't really have that much power, yet.  

I strongly suspect that there's going to be corruption.  On a massive scale. Corruption is simply what the guy does.  It's what he thinks is his skill.  And it's obvious that the guy believes himself immune from rules (a trait common to lots of politicians, only greatly magnified, in Trump's case), and has absolutely no impulse control.  

No, I strongly suspect that the claims of massive voter fraud is intended as a cover story for future actions.  Like the voter suppression measures which Republicans are already beginning to float.  

Disagree.  I absolutely think it is a scandal that he refuses to separate himself from his business interests, and has already evidently used his position to advance them (i.e., make money for himself, which is the definition of corruption).  

And I think this is what he's done for 15 months.  He doesn't like the current story, so he makes himself the new current story.  It has nothing to do with what one story is or the other.  He changes the subject from A to B, where B is something crazy and stupid but not seriously harmful to him since everyone already knows he is crazy and stupid and either does or does not care.  I don't think he gives it any more thought than that.

Archived