Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I appreciate the sentiment, but Kelly is in a position where he can be honest (publicly) once. 

My hope is that he's following the military approach of raising hell behind closed doors, then presenting an outward united front once command has made a decision.

I'd certainly rather have him and McMaster and Mattis and even Tillerson (who is apparently a Mattis ally) in that job than whatever Bannon wing sycophant might replace them, even if they have to stroke the boss' ego to the media from time to time to stay there.

I can understand that. But I think he would do the American people much more good by being even a little bit critical than to let the President lie to them on a daily basis. Anyone allowing, condoning and participating in that at the level he is loses my respect. Im sure hes doing what he thinks is best. I just think hes wrong and gutless for it. 

A man as respected as him peddling the evil media lines hurts the democracy. I dont care how you frame it. And I really dont even trust the media. 

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I can understand that. But I think he would do the American people much more good by being even a little bit critical than to let the President lie to them on a daily basis. Anyone allowing, condoning and participating in that at the level he is loses my respect. Im sure hes doing what he thinks is best. I just think hes wrong and gutless for it. 

A man as respected as him peddling the evil media lines hurts the democracy. I dont care how you frame it. And I really dont even trust the media. 

The second he says something publicly that is the least bit negative about Trump, he'll be out amid a maelstrom of child-like tweets and name-calling.  I'd rather have him where he is since he appear to be one of the few adults in the room. 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

The second he says something publicly that is the least bit negative about Trump, he'll be out amid a maelstrom of child-like tweets and name-calling.  I'd rather have him where he is since he appear to be one of the few adults in the room. 

True. But to me if its between him losing his job and therefor the ability to protect the american people from Trump or for him to sit back and watch as Trump not only destroys out constitutional freedoms and takes us from a country about its values to whateverthefreak we are heading to now, im willing to let someone else be the smartest man in the room. 

Donald Trump will destroy this country from within long before we have to worry about any external threats. Its already happening. 

6 hours ago, Bang said:

He makes jokes during Retreat.

This is the CiC. Nevermind he's not standing for retreat on a military base while the colors are being lowered.. he doesn't even KNOW it.  He's not even AWARE he's supposed to stand. he hasn't got the slightest ****ing clue hat is going on.

Deplorable, disgusting.. unfit to hold even the office of dogcatcher.

the President is the worst American I have ever heard in my life, and that's no hyperbole. He shares literally none of this country's values.

**** this ****ing ****.

~Bang

But the football players Bang.

The football players...

46 minutes ago, Llevron said:

True. But to me if its between him losing his job and therefor the ability to protect the american people from Trump or for him to sit back and watch as Trump not only destroys out constitutional freedoms and takes us from a country about its values to whateverthefreak we are heading to now, im willing to let someone else be the smartest man in the room. 

Donald Trump will destroy this country from within long before we have to worry about any external threats. Its already happening. 

I don’t think that’s the choice here. 

6 hours ago, Llevron said:

I know this is reaching but if I add the people who didnt vote, the people who voted for a 3rd party and the people who actually voted for the scumbag you come up with the majority. And its stupid as **** to be in either of those groups. We all saw it coming and some didnt do enough to stop it. 

You are reaching. 

The U.S. has one of the lowest voter participation rates in the world.  If you can get 60% to 65% of the people to vote during the Presidential year; people are satisfied. I am approximating the numbers.  That's still pathetic because a 1/3 of the country usually never votes in Presidential years.  In Midterms, it's what; maybe 40% participation?

The people who chose not to vote doesn't mean they agree with Trump. Some may, but I would say most don't.  It's fault the Democratic party; they couldn't field a candidate that would get people to come out to vote.

The people, like me, who voted third party don't agree with Trump.  People have various reasons for third party voting.  Would I change my vote in 2016, NO. I've been voting third party at the presidential level since 2004.  If the major parties fielded a candidate I could support; I would. That hasn't happened yet. Right now, 2020 sees me going third party- Libertarian for the 5th time. Caveat; if Johnh Kasich does go independent' I'll support him.

Personally, I think we will be see major realignment in our political parties over the next decade. 

Trump won the GOP nomination, that's on the GOP. The party created the conditions that made it ripe for someone like Trump to win their party's nomination. The Democrats basically ignored one segment of the population. They figured they didn't need them, they could just win with their coalition alone. Also, the nominate a candidate, who sucked and had been attacked by the GOP for a generation. Why is they avoid her like the plague in 2008 and then just hand it to her in 2016?

The people who actually voted for Trump are the ones who knew what Trump was and voted for him anyway. They are the ones who be can held responsible for everything Trump does, since they hired him. It sucks for the rest of us but we'll just have live with it until the next election.

Would the staff physically take out Trump if need to?

You can easily see a situation where Trump is about to start WW3, getting ready to give the order to launch the nukes.

Would the staff physically stop him from doing anything?

I really see scenario like that playing out in the not to distant future.

I can't even think about it without two absolutely overwhelming emotions: anger and sadness, all at the same time.  I've gotta just focus on my job and my family.  Anything else and I'm afraid I might stroke out, like it manifests itself as fear.  I can't shake it, and I can't drink it away.  :taz:

7 hours ago, Bang said:

the President is the worst American I have ever heard in my life, and that's no hyperbole. He shares literally none of this country's values.

**** this ****ing ****.

And he represents everything I hate when I see it in a fellow american.

Self centered, selfish, pathological liar, he doesn't just use his power to harass and assault women but he takes pride in it and brags about it, he's in general a bully, and he's stupid. He just makes stuff up as he goes.

He's been analyzed enough. At this point I'm more interest in the people who like or even admire him. What's going on their head that they ignore all of these flaws...

1 hour ago, tshile said:

At this point I'm more interest in the people who like or even admire him. What's going on their head that they ignore all of these flaws...

"He's a lot like me.  (If I had money and power.)".  

(And they're right.)  

13 hours ago, visionary said:

He has commissioned commemorative coins with his name on them to give to staff and visitors, but the cost to taxpayers is unclear. Zinke's predecessors and some other Cabinet secretaries have coins bearing agency seals, but not personalized ones.

LXI2GWFPSYI6PG4TXFYEHZL2EI.jpg

The boy has got his own money!

Archived