Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

I wanna say something.... The Trump cabinet & staff has no shortage of unqualified appointees or men of questionable character. There's even some truly disgusting individuals like Conway or the former national security advisor. The biggest piece of **** of them all however (and I have seen some pieces of **** in my day, believe me) is this Spicer cat. Good Lord! Where did they find this guy? I read his wikipedia bio but there's no way a piece of **** this big could have held some of the positions he held for as long as he did without people realizing what a piece of **** he truly was. I can only conclude that the original Spicer is dead and that this is a hologram or some sort of avatar engineered at the carrier plant by scientists educated at Trump University.

Not much talk of the Gorsich confirmation hearings.

Do we think it is appropriate that we should be considering a Presidential nomination to the Supreme Court in the final weeks of the president's time in office?

(Stolen from the internet)

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Do we think it is appropriate that we should be considering a Presidential nomination to the Supreme Court in the final weeks of the president's time in office?

Funny, but sadly I think he makes it a bare minimum of a year. The **** would have to really hit the fan before impeachment proceedings began.  However we think things look, the rank and file GOP aren't even close to thinking the **** has hit the fan. 

I do wonder if this will be the first time we see an assassination attempt since the attempted shoe-ting on Dubya.

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

I would pay money for the Democrats to make that argument. lol

Watch the hearing, Gorsuch is dangerously glib and comes off quite well. I have formed no opinions of him so far as to what kind of judge he might be, so all I can do is look to historical precedent. Many judges over time that were nominated/confirmed as "right" or "left" or "conservative" or "liberal" by current administration ideologies found that the court challenged them to be good jurists, and that became the overriding element in their terms.

When you hear the SCOTUS judges themselves discuss each other, while they disagree mightily they still have confidence in each other to serve the law, and not some finite agenda.

Call me naive but even if Gorsuch IS the next Scalia (or worse, as the So Called wants him to be) I hold onto my faith in the others judges around him and the system that underpins the SC structure.

Hatch is actually a genuinely nice guy. He came to my father's 90th birthday party (they live in the same building, and Hatch was also close with my late maternal uncle), and was accompanied by a couple of secret service guys. I didn't understand that part initially until someone pointed out that he is 3rd in line for the Presidency (or maybe it's 4th) if the Potus and the VP are wiped out. 

Harry Reid spoke at my uncle's funeral, and that dude really is old and frail. People had to help him up and down the steps to the podium.

There is a far cry from a judge being "conservative" and being the next Scalia.  Scalia was on his own planet as far as how he made his rulings, basically going against former precedent and just going off on diatribes to try and justify why nothing historically was relevant to how he was making his rulings.  He obviously had his ideology first and would shape his rulings around it.

Yesterday's hearing puts a major damper on any Gorsuch appointment.

There are various levels of discomfort with nominees that I can have. Discomfort with their views is usually the standard with GOP nominees, but that's usual.

Next level up would be discomfort in how they treated Merrick Garland.  The way the GOP treated him was disgraceful.  The man was universally praised right up until he was nominated, and then he was an enemy.  A large part of me feels that a GOP nominee should receive a similarly cold welcome.

However, I can see someone in that situation making it through and me being "okay" with it, in the context that it's kind of not okay in the first place but you have to make sacrifices sometimes.

But right now, we're way beyond that.  The President and his Administration are under active investigation.  Multiple people close to Trump have resigned or had to step away from things because of foreign ties.

This entire Presidency has serious legitimacy questions.  Until they are resolved no nominee should advance.

Yes that may take some time, but seeing as SCOTUS appointments are for life and for all we know, impeachment might be on the table in a couple months, it makes no sense to approve someone from this administration yet.

I mean, seriously, imagine Gorsuch being approved and then in 3 months Trump is impeached.  Does that suggest legitimacy to Gorsuch's seat?  He'll have that pall over him for the rest of his life, all probably 30+ years he's on the court.

5 hours ago, LD0506 said:

You clearly do not understand how willing some are to employ a piece of **** when it serves their ends.

Yeah, I'm not sure he actually does though. Trump may think he does when in reality it's just the opposite. It'd be like Jay Gruden hiring Kyle Shanahan to be his defensive coordinator. You already have an offensive mind. You need to get somebody who is strong in the areas you are weak in to compensate for your deficiencies. An asshole like Trump and his incompetent administration needs a good press secretary more than anyone. Instead, he goes for the political circuit's Vinny Cerrato.

2 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yesterday's hearing puts a major damper on any Gorsuch appointment.

There are various levels of discomfort with nominees that I can have. Discomfort with their views is usually the standard with GOP nominees, but that's usual.

Next level up would be discomfort in how they treated Merrick Garland.  The way the GOP treated him was disgraceful.  The man was universally praised right up until he was nominated, and then he was an enemy.  A large part of me feels that a GOP nominee should receive a similarly cold welcome.

However, I can see someone in that situation making it through and me being "okay" with it, in the context that it's kind of not okay in the first place but you have to make sacrifices sometimes.

But right now, we're way beyond that.  The President and his Administration are under active investigation.  Multiple people close to Trump have resigned or had to step away from things because of foreign ties.

This entire Presidency has serious legitimacy questions.  Until they are resolved no nominee should advance.

Yes that may take some time, but seeing as SCOTUS appointments are for life and for all we know, impeachment might be on the table in a couple months, it makes no sense to approve someone from this administration yet.

I mean, seriously, imagine Gorsuch being approved and then in 3 months Trump is impeached.  Does that suggest legitimacy to Gorsuch's seat?  He'll have that pall over him for the rest of his life, all probably 30+ years he's on the court.

I would love it if Garland got another crack at it.  He deserves it.  

12 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wanna say something.... The Trump cabinet & staff has no shortage of unqualified appointees or men of questionable character. There's even some truly disgusting individuals like Conway or the former national security advisor. The biggest piece of **** of them all however (and I have seen some pieces of **** in my day, believe me) is this Spicer cat. Good Lord! Where did they find this guy? I read his wikipedia bio but there's no way a piece of **** this big could have held some of the positions he held for as long as he did without people realizing what a piece of **** he truly was. I can only conclude that the original Spicer is dead and that this is a hologram or some sort of avatar engineered at the carrier plant by scientists educated at Trump University.

I like Spicer because he makes me feel competent at my own job. He does not give one single, solitary, remote **** about displaying the slightest degree of tact or decorum. It really feels like he's had his job for 60 years and he'll do anything it takes to get fired. Every day he's dragging the Commissioner's Trophy around in the parking lot. 

http://www.theonion.com/article/aides-wrestle-drill-trumps-hands-he-tries-remove-o-55576

Aides Wrestle Drill From Trump’s Hands As He Tries To Remove Obama Listening Device From Skull

1600.jpg
. “Obama implanted a microphone inside my head to record everything I say!” Trump reportedly shouted shortly before three White House staffers pinned him to the floor and pried apart his fingers to seize the power tool. “You don’t understand, he can hear everything we’re saying! Obama can even hear my thoughts! I have to get it out! I can feel it! I can feel it! I can feel it!” 

So Gorsech is the judge who during the Bush years emailed Dubya to add a signing statement "does not apply to the President" to the anti-torture bill at the time.  When he got called on it by Diane Feinstein (she asked him to read the email) he tried to play dumb and say there were too many emails to read during his conformation hearing.  Then the GOP quickly calls for a break and when they come back Dick Durben asks about the same email and whether he had a chance to read it and Gorsech says "Sorry I was eating a sandwich on my break"

5 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hatch is actually a genuinely nice guy. He came to my father's 90th birthday party (they live in the same building, and Hatch was also close with my late maternal uncle), and was accompanied by a couple of secret service guys. I didn't understand that part initially until someone pointed out that he is 3rd in line for the Presidency (or maybe it's 4th) if the Potus and the VP are wiped out. 

Harry Reid spoke at my uncle's funeral, and that dude really is old and frail. People had to help him up and down the steps to the podium.

I used Hatch so often in HS debate, they might've thought I worked for the dude. 

Yes, I've changed.  But the resolution that  year was:  That the US should significantly curtail arms sales to other countries.

I took the affirmative, and got wiped that year.  You never forget your biggest loss.

Archived