Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Trump told people that Venezuela is 'really part of the US' and wanted to invade

Bolton writes that in discussions about toppling the regime of Nicolas Maduro, Trump "insisted on military options for Venezuela," telling advisers that the country "is really part of the United States." During a March 2019 meeting at the Pentagon, Trump grilled military leaders about why the US was in Afghanistan and Iraq, but not in Venezuela.

Trump's repeated insistence that military options be considered to oust Maduro often shocked aides, lawmakers and advisers, Bolton writes. In a meeting with Florida Republicans, "Trump still wanted a military option," leaving Sen. Rick Scott and Gov. Ron Desantis "plainly stunned," while Sen. Marco Rubio, who had heard Trump on the subject before "knew how to deflect it politely."

How the **** are we just hearing this now?

A better title for Bolton's book would be--

"...And I Did Nothing"

Mind you, nearly every every elected GOP member on the national level and every member of the Trump Administration could use that title. They all knew. They all failed to act and conspired.

15 hours ago, visionary said:

Imagine if this had been laid out during the impeachment hearings....

Nothing would have changed. McConnell, Collins, and the rest of them knew.

I'm not completely convinced that the current chief executive wants to keep his job. He could blame the "deep state" for conspiring against him and convince his cult members to keep supporting him once he goes back to private life in a few months. 

Just now, KAOSkins said:

If there is any justice in the world, the book will be leaked and everyone will be able to read it without giving Bolton a dime. I know that's not likely but it would be perfect. 

It's only a question of when. My bet is the leak happens before August. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

How the **** are we just hearing this now?

I am pretty sure Rubio himself has signaled support for possible military intervention in Venezuela. I don’t think this was a secret? Neocons were openly discussing it months ago from what I remember.

51 minutes ago, tshile said:

He is a coward. 

or he’s a liar just trying for book sales. 

As far as I’m concerned he can pick which one he wants to be. 

I don't know he's probably telling the truth. Its fully within the realm of reason that Trump would believe Finland is part of Russia and that we should invade Venezuela.

Archived