Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Wow.  She did nothing but speak a bunch of truth on topics our typical discourse is so stupid about.  She's good.  No wonder the microdicked virgin army of the American Right is so threatened by her.

I am so stealing that one.....

8 hours ago, visionary said:

Not really sure it would be appropriate for me to speak too in-depth on this topic.  But I've been there many times over the last 16+ years including being stationed there recently.  I'll just say this, I have no clue what would make Trumps statements here accurate. 

8 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm not as big a fan. She has some great qualities including when she hits back at the GOP and her passion for green initiatives are great, but the idea of trying to primary Dems cause they aren't as pure as she would like in some areas is exactly how you lose the majority. 

I disagree completely. (Although in fairness, she hasn’t said she would either)

We want to differentiate the parties. Having people rocking a party label because it’s easier to get elected in their district because of said label is problematic. 

Dems big problem is this 3rd Way crap the Clintons brought in which moved the party to the right.

In other news

what a surprise that gifted hands would mess up.

31 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I disagree completely. (Although in fairness, she hasn’t said she would either)

We want to differentiate the parties. Having people rocking a party label because it’s easier to get elected in their district because of said label is problematic. 

Dems big problem is this 3rd Way crap the Clintons brought in which moved the party to the right.

On the 60 minutes piece it was mentioned that she wanted Dems that accepted corporate money to be primaried. The Dems need to be the big tent party. Advocating against Dems that do what the must on occasion to win is fine. That doesn’t mean going hard right but I’d rather have Joe Manchin than a GOP Senator from WV as an example. If she thinks otherwise, she’s an idiot. I’ll take a Dem that I agree with 80 percent of the time over someone I disagree with 80 percent of the time.

BTW, it’s very easy for her to say to primary people when she lives in a district that is totally blue.

I like her. A lot. That doesn't mean I agree with her on a lot of her issues. And I wouldn't not vote for her if she was the D candidate. That's the difference...her and the Bernie Bros would rather vote 3rd party than for the D candidate who is slightly right of them (like HRC). And it gave us President Dumbass.

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I have a coworker who has failed the bar exam 5 times, and he told me that she said the 3 branches of government were Senate, House, and Presidency. 

Anyone got anything on this? I'd love nothing more than to be able to call him wrong...again. 👊

The Senate and house are 1 branch together. He's missing the Judiciary part of the government.

24 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I have a coworker who has failed the bar exam 5 times, and he told me that she said the 3 branches of government were Senate, House, and Presidency. 

Anyone got anything on this? I'd love nothing more than to be able to call him wrong...again. 👊

I believe she did say that. Just a gaffe.  I do want her to realize that truth matters. Not related to that gaffe but a couple other times she’s been loose with facts. She semi dismissed it on the 60 minutes piece and she shouldn’t. Facts and truth are a major differentiator these days and Dems need to stay on the higher ground.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

She corrected herself like 30 seconds later once she realized she misspoke.  Unlike others who say false things, and then repeat those false things repeatedly.  

Tbf, most MAGAts don't recognize the judicial branch anyways.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

She corrected herself like 30 seconds later once she realized she misspoke.  Unlike others who say false things, and then repeat those false things repeatedly.  

Sociopaths don't realize they are lying. Oh and thank goodness two people actually read what Mary posted. 😁

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

I'm not as big a fan. She has some great qualities including when she hits back at the GOP and her passion for green initiatives are great, but the idea of trying to primary Dems cause they aren't as pure as she would like in some areas is exactly how you lose the majority. 

True. But not going after fellow dems "because majority" is exactly how we ended up with a GOP who puts the party over literally everything. 

There is a balance for sure tho

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

On the 60 minutes piece it was mentioned that she wanted Dems that accepted corporate money to be primaried. The Dems need to be the big tent party. Advocating against Dems that do what the must on occasion to win is fine. That doesn’t mean going hard right but I’d rather have Joe Manchin than a GOP Senator from WV as an example. If she thinks otherwise, she’s an idiot. I’ll take a Dem that I agree with 80 percent of the time over someone I disagree with 80 percent of the time.

BTW, it’s very easy for her to say to primary people when she lives in a district that is totally blue.

Joe Manchin voted with Trump 60% of the time. This isn't a good thing. Manchin also voted for Kavanaugh to be confirmed. 

I don't agree that things have to be 100%, but I am a leftist and I think the Democratic Party has lost their way which is a big reason why this country has the issues it currently has. The Dems moved to the right instead of staying where they are or pulling to the left. I have no problems with her doing that.

And yeah, it is very easy for her to say, primary people. She won by beating an established, 10-term representative in a primary. 

56 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I believe she did say that. Just a gaffe.  I do want her to realize that truth matters. Not related to that gaffe but a couple other times she’s been loose with facts. She semi dismissed it on the 60 minutes piece and she shouldn’t. Facts and truth are a major differentiator these days and Dems need to stay on the higher ground.

Agree 100% I like her and I want to continue to. Honesty, including with your errors when you make them, matters alot more to me than your understanding of policy right now. 

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Joe Manchin voted with Trump 60% of the time. This isn't a good thing. Manchin also voted for Kavanaugh to be confirmed. 

I don't agree that things have to be 100%, but I am a leftist and I think the Democratic Party has lost their way which is a big reason why this country has the issues it currently has. The Dems moved to the right instead of staying where they are or pulling to the left. I have no problems with her doing that.

And yeah, it is very easy for her to say, primary people. She won by beating an established, 10-term representative in a primary. 

Joe Manchin is as close to a Democrat being elected in WV that can we get these days. That entire state has gone hard right the past 20+ years. He's an acceptable Democrat because the alternative is a 100% Trump boot licking clown.

I have 2 thoughts on AOC:

1.  I like her as a person A LOT.  She's pretty great.

2.  I don't agree with her politics generally, but am  happy to have someone like her advancing a far-left agenda to counteract the radical right wing house Freedom Caucus constantly moving the discussion to the right. 

This discussion over the branches of government reminds me that I had to pass an extensive exam on the US Constitution a couple months ago. It was a necessary step toward being credentialed as a teacher in California. 

Studying the origins, intentions and ultimate execution of the Constitution was depressing in light of our wildly partisan and deeply incompetent current administration, but I do recommend it in order to understand the full extent of its downfall.

The most familiar portion of the Constitution was article II, which lays out the impeachment process. I'd had that one drilled into my head for months already. 

1 hour ago, Skintime said:

The Senate and house are 1 branch together. He's missing the Judiciary part of the government.

HE does know the 3, as do I...judicial, legislative, and executive. He was pointing out that she (AOC) doesn't. 

Edit add: glad she corrected herself. But she shouldn't have had to. Just sayin. 

I think what the right doesn't get about AOC is that people on the left don't view her as some sort of political genius, but listening to her talk and actually go after who needs to gone after is a breath of fresh air.  Simply for the fact that she speaks like someone who doesn't have to carefully craft her responses according to who is pulling her strings behind the scenes, yet she manages to do it without being vulgar or simply outright lie the way Trump does.  She might not be right about every single issue or every opinion she has on every issue but she is unapologetic in her views.  She has some elements to her that have been missing from the (D) party for awhile now. 

Her tax the rich at 70% levels was rightfully prevocative. But only because most people don't understand how income tax levels actually work. 

That said...the new leftists need to learn to accept the my way or the highway isn't how the DC game is successfully played. And tbh, that's really my only problem with our new "radicals". Dont get your candidate through the primaries? Accept it (figure out how to change it next time) and vote for the other candidate from your party who did. It is usually that simple.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Her tax the rich at 70% levels was rightfully prevocative. But only because most people don't understand how income tax levels actually work. 

That said...the new leftists need to learn to accept the my way or the highway isn't how the DC game is successfully played. And tbh, that's really my only problem with our new "radicals". Dont get your candidate through the primaries? Accept it (figure out how to change it next time) and vote for the other candidate from your party who did. It is usually that simple.

In fairness, I think most of them are like that.

At the same time, you cannot just accept people will vote for you. You actually have to work for it which a lot of candidates do not do.

56 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The 60% voting with Trump is extremely misleading. Joe Manchin voted against repealing Obamacare, voted against the tax cut, votes pro-choice, voted against the repeal of a rule that requires the reduction of emissions and waste by energy companies, etc. A lot of the votes he had that were on Trumps side include cabinet appointments and appropriation bills. I don't like all his votes but I'm taking him 100% of the time in WV. If he was primaried by someone on the left, the Dems lose that seat. 

You missed the point of her saying to primary officials. You primary moderate dems in moderate or conservative districts, you lost those seats in the general. That's a dumb strategy. One only needs to look at the GOP doing that in moderate states and losing Senate seats for that reason. 

Archived