Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

KingGibbs

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

don't understand how weed gets you 4 games. its about to be legal in a lot of states, and doesnt have any performance-enhancing elements to it. plus it helps with pain, which the nfl obviously gives no ****s about

He's a repeat offender.

Its a stupid rule but you have to be even stupider to be a player and not stick to it. Really should't be difficult. 

The only positive is I really believe Ty Nsekhe is one of the best back up players on this roster. I think he can be really solid. Obviously not Trent good but he's good enough to start for a lot of teams in this league. 

I want to wait before condemning Trent. We've had players suspended before for taking prescription pills which they received from a doctor and informed the NFL about. Williams has been dealing with lingering injuries. There's a chance this is about a painkiller that was prescribed to him. The NFL with it's no tolerance (except for Giants) philosophy could then act on it.

It could also be weed, steroids, or other, but I think we should give Trent a chance to speak if he chooses before. We've been unfairly screwed before.

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

don't understand how weed gets you 4 games. its about to be legal in a lot of states, and doesnt have any performance-enhancing elements to it. plus it helps with pain, which the nfl obviously gives no ****s about

Because it's not legal.  "About to be legal" isn't the same thing.  How about they don't smoke weed during the season and not risk getting suspended.  I personally could care less about those that choose to partake, they have to live with the consequences of their actions if they face drug testing at their jobs or get busted by law enforcement.  He's lucky he gets a 4 week suspension, most people in the real world lose their jobs.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It could also be weed, steroids, or other, but I think we should give Trent a chance to speak if he chooses before. We've been unfairly screwed before.

I believe if it was steroids they call them performance enhancing drugs, in the report they say substance of abuse. Assume it's weed because every other substance of abuse gets out of your system so fast it is hard to get caught. I really cannot believe the league finds suspensions acceptable for marijuana use, how sad.

You have to be habitually stupid to get caught for weed by the NFL. The vast majority of NFL players smoke weed, but if you aren't in the program already they only test you once per year and you know what month it'll be. 

Pretty sure 4 games is NOT step one in the program, so he's a repeat offender. Wasn't there a year when Trent and Fred Davis both had suspensions for weed? If so this is at least Trent's second strike.

Next failed test will be 10 games, and the one after that is a year/indefinite. 

He's no longer a safe asset for this team, in terms of being able to rely on him, due to how deep into the drug program he's getting.

What a ****ing idiot. Luckily LT is arguably the only OL position where we actually have an above-average backup, in Nsekhe.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

How about they don't smoke weed during the season and not risk getting suspended.  

said by someone who doesnt go through the daily pain a football player goes through. we push these guys to play through injuries, and then suspend them when they try to do everything they can to not be in chronic pain

Archived