Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com - Trent Williams Suspended 4 Games

KingGibbs

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

they have to live with the consequences of their actions if they face drug testing at their jobs or get busted by law enforcement.  He's lucky he gets a 4 week suspension, most people in the real world lose their jobs.

I don't think it's law enforcement or my jobs business what I do in my free time in the safety of my own home if it does not effect my work. Also every job I have had does not fire you for failing drug test from marijuana, worked in a hospital lab as well and someone who failed had to do 2 weeks of drug counseling, that's it.

1 minute ago, bankonhank said:

I believe if it was steroids they call them performance enhancing drugs, in the report they say substance of abuse. Assume it's weed because every other substance of abuse gets out of your system so fast it is hard to get caught. I really cannot believe the league finds suspensions acceptable for marijuana use, how sad.

If it was weed then he screwed up and deserves his suspension. Regardless of how he, we, or the country feels about marijuana Trent knows what was agreed to in the NFL player contracts. It's baked in. That said, I still say we wait 'til we know more. If there is a silver lining it is that Trent was playing hurt and getting weaker each game. This will give him a chance to heal up. That and we have two weeks to get Ty ready and Moses better.

Just now, bankonhank said:

I believe if it was steroids they call them performance enhancing drugs, in the report they say substance of abuse. Assume it's weed because every other substance of abuse gets out of your system so fast it is hard to get caught. I really cannot believe the league finds suspensions acceptable for marijuana use, how sad.

Yeah, cause the majority of companies/employers have zero tolerance on failing a drug test (weed included) and fire you immediately if you fail one.  Warnings and four game suspensions means he is given multiple chances.  The NFL is very accepting of failing a drug test when compared against the norm.  It's not the leagues fault players choose to ignore rules.

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

said by someone who doesnt go through the daily pain a football player goes through. we push these guys to play through injuries, and then suspend them when they try to do everything they can to not be in chronic pain

Spare me that excuse.  It's very simple.  Smoke weed and get caught and get suspended.  Plenty of other options for chronic pain instead of chronic (see what I did there?), if that is really why he was smoking it in the first place.  

Mixed emotions with this.  Obviously pissed about losing the teams best offensive player and someone that's mainly responsible for keeping Cousins upright.  

I don't really talk to the players when shooting photos for ES, but I've seen Trent around after games with his family and his kids.  Seems like a nice guy.  The fact that he's been busted for what I'm assuming is weed makes me sad.  I hope it's not anything hard that he's abusing.

Agree with others, it should be legal but whatever, he knew the rules.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  

the only upside is that Ty Nsekhe will get a huge chance to step up and Trent will have time to heal... so if we win some games with Trent out, we'll be sitting pretty when he gets back.

I agree, the weed policy is antiquated and the NFL has so many problems right now with so many issues... they really need a change in leadership.

with that said, Trent broke the rules and knew exactly the consequences if it was indeed weed he got busted for.. stupid rule, but a rule nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So is Trent Williams decision making.

I don't agree with all the rules at my job but I still follow them.

Bull****.  You come in late, leave early, sleep, call in sick and generally goof off just like everybody else in every job ever.  Pot is medicinal, should be legal and the NFL is terrible.

2 minutes ago, bankonhank said:

I don't think it's law enforcement or my jobs business what I do in my free time in the safety of my own home if it does not effect my work. Also every job I have had does not fire you for failing drug test from marijuana, worked in a hospital lab as well and someone who failed had to do 2 weeks of drug counseling, that's it.

Considering it is ILLEGAL in the vast majority of states, I'd say that law enforcement would disagree with you.  And it's 100% an employers right to implement drug testing to their employees as it is to suspend or terminate their employment.  You know what you are agreeing to when you take the job.  Don't want to be drug tested, work somewhere that doesn't drug test.  

I didn't say every job fires on the spot, I said most people are at risk to lose their jobs for a failed drug test.  Every job I've worked since I was 15 years old was fail a drug test, employment terminated.  

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Bull****.  You come in late, leave early, sleep, call in sick and generally goof off just like everybody else in every job ever.  Pot is medicinal, should be legal and the NFL is terrible.

Should be, but it isn't.

It's in the rules.  Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can just do whatever the **** you want. 

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

What should be and what is are two different things. He knew the rules, and he violated them. Until the rules change, he has an obligation to not be an idiot and exercise some self-control. 

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

That would be a pretty dumb thing to do. 

it's his 2nd violation need to wake his ass up - the next time it's 10 games and then lifetime - and it doesn't have to be weed any item not approved by the league. 

Just now, tomwvr said:

it's his 2nd violation need to wake his ass up - the next time it's 10 games and then lifetime - and it doesn't have to be weed any item not approved by the league. 

So how exactly would the Skins voluntarily suspending him for the rest of the season accomplish anything but hurting the team further. As far as future punishments, we can cross that bridge when we reach it. Just be glad we look to have a very good backup LT in Ty Nsekhe to play in his position. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He's no longer a safe asset for this team, in terms of being able to rely on him, due to how deep into the drug program he's getting.

What a ****ing idiot. Luckily LT is arguably the only OL position where we actually have an above-average backup, in Nsekhe.

If Nsekhe really balls the next 4 weeks, I would love to see the team check out Trent's trade value this offseason.

I was convinced that there had been a positive culture change but a captain getting suspended for substance calls that optimistic view into question.  I respected Trent Williams for his play and because his teammates elected him captain now he's let everyone down.  A member of the team breaking league rules hurts a team but a captain caught breaking league rules reveals a team in my opinion.  A culture change is needed because the Redskins do not have a championship culture.

Archived