Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins leads NFL in passing yards through Week 8

NattyBo

20 hours ago, William Barbour said:

Kirk leads this offense that is . ..

LAST in the league in drives PER GAME because of the defense not getting off the field. Yet, we are TOP 10 in points per DRIVES, even with the RZ issues. 

Add to that we are the 2nd ranked offense in the league with the LAST amount of drives per game!!! Think about how ****ing remarkable that is. Just think about that before we think about not paying Kirk, or even letting Jay Gruden go. 

That is just sick.  And don't forget we have played this year top Defenses.  Arizona and the Ravens come to mind.  And once again Cousins has been the starter for less than two seasons. 

29 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

That is just sick.  And don't forget we have played this year top Defenses.  Arizona and the Ravens come to mind.  And once again Cousins has been the starter for less than two seasons. 

Except the better offenses don't have as many possessions. This logic is false. 

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

With even an average D Cousins is an MVP candidate this year. I hear people referring to Carr and Stafford as MVPs and Cousins #s are right on par with both. Too bad he's got a D filled with guys that couldn't play in the Big 10.

Its about wins. I think Cousins is more in line with Stanford this year, but Carr on a different level than the both of them. Carr's defense is terrible as well and many of the games the Raiders have won have been in shootouts. The Raider offense has carried the team to position they're in. This is what the Skins offense needs to do.

30 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

They will reappear every time he has a bad game or even an average game (cardinals).

Just as you undoubtedly support Kirk and gloss over average to bad games. It's okay to call Kirk out on an average game, just as it is okay to boast about stats of his (some do this even in losses) in a great game.

What is this, youth sports?

It's fine to criticize Kirk for bad games or bad plays, all fans do that. 

These people I'm talking about come out of the woodwork after every mistake to claim that Kirk shouldn't be our QB.  Their preferred QB will also playing tomorrow at 1pm, so honestly I think they would be happier if they switched their fandom and their TV sets over to that team and let the rest of us root for the Redskins in peace.

34 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

These people I'm talking about come out of the woodwork after every mistake to claim that Kirk shouldn't be our QB.  Their preferred QB will also playing tomorrow at 1pm, so honestly I think they would be happier if they switched their fandom and their TV sets over to that team and let the rest of us root for the Redskins in peace.

Who does this? There cannot be more than one or two of these type posts among the hundred of daily posts. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

They aren't on ES much but they're on every other social media platform 

I would just leave responses for those platforms, a little misleading. Thought it was feeding into this self fulfilling thing some early supporters have with Kirk. 

11 hours ago, wit33 said:

I would just leave responses for those platforms, a little misleading. Thought it was feeding into this self fulfilling thing some early supporters have with Kirk. 

Look, you seem to be the one always at the forefront of making sure no one basks in their glory here about believing in Kirk early on. 

And that's ok because people "basking in glory" is annoying in general. :ols: 

We've got quite a few here who seem to jump at any opportunity to credit themselves whenever presented with such, often omitting others who held the views they claim as exclusively their own before them, or ignoring the faulty process they had that allowed them to arrive to that view that ended up being right (they were more "lucky" than following solid rationale). 

So, yeah... eyes rolling their way is totally legitimate. ;) 

But here's what I feel like you may be missing. There was no group of people more annoyingly obnoxious; more obsessed with controlling a narrative; more mean spirited in targeting/blaming others; more agenda driven while incessantly posting in every thread about the same core idea, even when they attempted to be subtle about it; then the RG3-OCD crowd. :o

You think people are getting jumped now for criticizing Kirk in any way? Lulz... this is nothing in comparison. You'd be facing a tsunami of ninja rage if you dared criticize RG3. If you even suggested anything other than his coaches were total doofuses who didn't know how to use him, or his Oline was failing him, or his pass catchers were failing, etc... God help you. :814:

What you're seeing is a natural reaction to that outrageousness. One was moreso the cause, the other moreso the effect. One mostly the aggression, the other mostly a defense mechanism. 

As petty as it seems - and I personally avoid delving into it myself - the amount of vitriol and constant condescension received by those of us who believed Cousins could be great, had inherent qualities that elite QBs possess, and that he just needed time to develop was so strong and persistent from that crowd to expect anything other than a little vengeance in return would be foolish. 

It really should be taken much more lightly all things considered. :) 

Frankly, the "bragging" you speak of now that's annoying you so much (and justifiably so) is a mole hill compared to the mountain that was the other crowd's propensity for tyrannical "groupthink" that manifested in a mob mentality that all of us Mods had to deal with. 

Also, if you'll allow me to be annoying ( :P) and do a little bragging (not just for myself, though), the reason you find that crowd on other social media outlets as @BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 stated, and not here, is because of the effort all of us Mods here exerted (initiated by @Jumbo with the RG3/OCD thread, supported and implemented by all of us everywhere on the board) to prevent that crowd from overtaking the board like they had/have elsewhere. ^_^

Now, it's all water under the bridge at this point, and I do truly hate bringing it up. I haven't spoken on this topic in a long time. All of us should move on at this point and enjoy what it means to have a franchise QB. How awesome is that!? I can say that now and not be laughed off the board! :superman:

I hesitate to click "submit" here, but I felt the need to reply to you since you seem so bothered by the stroking of egos on the part of some on this topic. Maybe this'll help you understand a little bit about where it comes from. 

I personally don't like it, myself. Believe me. I feel like too many on here view this board as their personal ego "stroker" where they shoot a million times and don't shut up about the few targets they hit on. Even to the point where they're actively (often subconsciously) rooting against the team (or parts of it) they love if it means they end up "right". The innocence that is at the essence of fandom so willingly thrown away to be replaced by a callous bitterness. :huh:

But this case does have a little bit more nuance involved. It is a bit more exceptional than most other instances. Hence, this ridiculously long reply. :D 

Ok I'm done, I promise.

*immediately regrets clicking submit* :705::) 

I don't know @thesubmittedone, I grew up with Kirk and I remember vividly one time at the grocery store when he was 6, I asked my mom if I could have the Chunky kind of peanut butter (I was young and curious, won't happen again, I promise). Out of nowhere, a good 5 aisles away, Kirk threw a can of peanut butter, completely blind into our shopping cart.

From that day, back in the 90's I knew Kirk would lead the Redskins to victory. I didn't want to bring it up, but the timing seem appropriate. Haha

In all seriousness, there will always be naysayers, told you so's, etc no matter the circumstances, it's the internet. And like TSD mentioned, none of this compares to the drama of RG3. Kirk has been playing awesome, definitely growing a lot and still has room for improvement. This is an exciting time to be a Redskins fan; pretty much drama free, fairly young team, strong front office (who'd thought you could say that?), good coaching staff, etc. There's room for improvement in all areas because this is the NFL but we have a great foundation and hopefully Kirk is the cornerstone for many years to come.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I knew Kirk would be The Savior before he was even born. I followed a star that brought me to his stable and gave him gifts of frankincense and a nerf football.

Yeah...well...I knew that you knew even before that you knew that Kirk was going to be the Redskins savoir before he was even born...wait, what are we talking about?!

JV1FN8Z.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Horrible pick by Kirk today, he needs to learn situational football, at the very least have a pump fake there and its off to the races for DJax.  But honestly it happens, Stafford did exactly the same throw and pick six play today.

What's worse is that the play prior was the same thing on the other side that was very nearly picked off for a pick-six. 

10 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Horrible pick by Kirk today, he needs to learn situational football, at the very least have a pump fake there and its off to the races for DJax.  But honestly it happens, Stafford did exactly the same throw and pick six play today.

Kirk was just testing the defense to see if it was worth it for him to try to lead the team to the playoffs...if the Skins go up 15 on that drive there, then we don't get to see if we have any fight in the defense

Archived