Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins leads NFL in passing yards through Week 8

NattyBo

Stafford threw a pick 6 vs the Bears today to actually lose the lead.

Big Ben threw three today.

QBs throw picks. The good ones make up for it with clutch play. Kirk did that today.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The pick six was a back breaker, but Kirk didn't crumble. That's the most I ask of a QB. I'd call it as a roughly average day with all things considered. No complaints.

Almost 250 yards and 2 TDs with 27 points generated and a 4th quarter comeback is average. My how the standards have changed.

Pick 6 was painful, but I can't put any blame on Kirk for today.  The teams general inconsistency running the ball is really freaking frustrating.  In any case where a run is expected, we can't move the pile and gain 1 yard.  This has been a consistent thing for the past 2-3 years.  I think ~2 new interior OL would give this offense a new edge.  Which is tough because the defense is pretty crappy and our draft picks are more needed there!

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

QBs throw picks. The good ones make up for it with clutch play. Kirk did that today.

Almost 250 yards and 2 TDs with 27 points generated and a 4th quarter comeback is average. My how the standards have changed.

Yeah I agree. Kirk is not going to be perfect every single game. No QB is. But he came back after his mistake and made some great throws. I don't get what else people want to see?

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When you nearly throw it away on pick six, no matter how well played by a DB... Yes, it ends in an average day. Jamison Crowder and Pierre Garcon were complete difference makers today to erase it. No pick 6, even just a pick and nothing else, and I'd call it straight up good.

I'm not calling it as a knock on him. Having an average day is pleasing in itself. But there is a difference between average and good days. I will take average every day of the week. "Excellent" is the frosting on the cake.

Another good game by Kirk and a another step closer to the playoffs and each week Kirk's criticis sound more like chirping gerbils.  Great news though for the anti Kirk crowd their guy made a rare appearance on the field for Cleveland  where he was 12-28 for 104 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT , 3 sacks and a loss.  Obviously it's Shanny's fault.

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

lol...we get spoiled quick....he also had a QB rating of 116

53 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My how the standards have changed.

It was a terrible throw. But unlike years past, he has bounced back. I haven't really seen anyone trying to pile on. Most have credited him for the comeback. I don't really see the issue, unless being fair is unreasonable. No one said he was the only one who threw picks. 

Not sure what the Big deal is, honestly.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It was a terrible throw. But unlike years past, he has bounced back. I haven't really seen anyone trying to pile on. Most have credited him for the comeback. I don't really see the issue, unless being fair is unreasonable. No one said he was the only one who threw picks. 

Not sure what the Big deal is, honestly.

Not really a bad throw (it was just slightly behind Jackson), but a bad read and the CB jumped the route.

Everyone know how much I love KC, my only criticism was that he need to be a little more aware of the game situation.  No question lets not forget he has a new center and a new LG on the line and still he came back to lead the winning scorring drive beutifully.  

Wilson so far has two INTs against GB.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It was a terrible throw. But unlike years past, he has bounced back.

I do think that's a big point. 

Remember the the days when a Captain Kirk pick meant we were going to see three more that game, three next week, and two more and a benching, the week after that?  

2 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Not really a bad throw (it was just slightly behind Jackson), but a bad read and the CB jumped the route.

You're right. It wasn't a triple coverage bozo int, but late on an out route down in your territory with an opportunity to put them away, and instead you let them back in the game. That was just an awful sequence of events.

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Remember the the days when a Captain Kirk pick meant we were going to see three more that game, three next week, and two more and a benching, the week after that?  

Exactly

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's a confidence thing with Kirk, not so much in himself, but knowing he has the confidence of his coaches IMO. I'll go back to the game that really put him on my radar, the 2012 Outback Bowl vs. Georgia. I remember he threw a pick 6, and still brought his team back to win that game. I think he pressed too much early on, knowing he had limited snaps to show what he could do, and tried to do too much. Now, I think he just lets the game come to him.

KC will need to be very careful and work with this team in order to keep his contract demands reasonable enough to be able to bring back both DJax and Garcon.  I really think that would be a smart move by him.  I just don't trust Doctson to be ready or really durable enough to play week after week.  I love the toughness of Garcon and seeing how DJax can track that ball in the air is a thing of beauty.  

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

When you nearly throw it away on pick six, no matter how well played by a DB... Yes, it ends in an average day. Jamison Crowder and Pierre Garcon were complete difference makers today to erase it. No pick 6, even just a pick and nothing else, and I'd call it straight up good.

I'm not calling it as a knock on him. Having an average day is pleasing in itself. But there is a difference between average and good days. I will take average every day of the week. "Excellent" is the frosting on the cake.

One bad play doesn't completely turn a good game into a bad game or average game or whatever. You have to look at it in totality. Yeah the pick 6 sucked, but he also engineered a game winning drive.

The WRs were great, but someones gotta get them the ball with pinpoint accuracy. Did you see that gorgeous fade throw(lol fade)to Garcon for his TD? The throws to Crowder were absolute lasers.

By the way if you want a laugh, look up the Cleveland Browns QB statline today.

Kirk immediately responded to throwing that pick six by throwing a beautiful strike to Jamison Crowder on a big third down.

Kirk is growing up.  He's a legitimately good QB and this offense is rolling.  The only thing we need moving forward is for someone to solidify that center position and to find young replacements for some of our receivers who are getting older.  Wouldn't hurt to beef up the run game with some more talent either, but Thompson and Kelly have been solid.

Keeping Kirk and committing to him long term is a no brainer.  He needs to be our QB from now until retirement.  With the OL and pass catchers we have, he is good enough to win us games with his arm and he's going to keep getting better.  Eventually he's going to be good enough to carry us even when the talent around him dips.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

One bad play doesn't completely turn a good game into a bad game or average game or whatever. You have to look at it in totality. Yeah the pick 6 sucked, but he also engineered a game winning drive.

The WRs were great, but someones gotta get them the ball with pinpoint accuracy. Did you see that gorgeous fade throw(lol fade)to Garcon for his TD? The throws to Crowder were absolute lasers.

By the way if you want a laugh, look up the Cleveland Browns QB statline today.

yea also that point dart on 4th and 1 to keep the drive going with the CB all over Garcon.  That had to be inch perfect.

Oh boy don't rub salt in the wounds Warhead for some of our nostalgic fans in here by pointing out a certain QB for the Browns.  LOL

Just now, TheGreek1973 said:

yea also that point dart on 4th and 1 to keep the drive going with the CB all over Garcon.  That had to be inch perfect.

Oh boy don't rub salt in the wounds Warhead for some of our nostalgic fans in here by pointing out a certain QB for the Browns.  LOL

that was a beautiful throw and catch to Garcon, just a laser in the gut, and Garcon blocked out beautifully

Archived