Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Redskins Are A "Good Team". Time To Accept This Fact

Diehard Otis

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Herm Edwards on ESPN said that the Redskins "are one of those teams that if you let them hang around will find a way to beat you."

A few more wins and he might watch a Redskins game.

I don't really see that as a bad statement toward the redskins and it's pretty much true. We haven't really dominated a game yet. I think today's was the closest but we really let them back into the game halfway through. 

I don't think we're a good team yet, but you could surely make a case for it based on statistics. 

We're above average right now. Good offense, weak defense (though they've played great as of late).. special teams are probably our best unit tbh. Coaching is average. 

Doesn't mean we can't go on a run or improve as a team to what i consider good. Once we start putting teams away I'll change my tune. 

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

Herm Edwards on ESPN said that the Redskins "are one of those teams that if you let them hang around will find a way to beat you."

A few more wins and he might watch a Redskins game.

That's a little better than one from Coach John Thompson who said something like, "Generally the team with more points at the end of the game has a better chance of winning"

10 hours ago, DM72 said:

Still waiting for them to own someone. 

Make no mistake, Philly got pwnt today.  Skins did what they wanted on offense, and dominated them on defense... The score was not indicative of the ass whoopin the Eagles got handed today.

With the exception of two plays in the second quarter we would possibly have won this by three scores . 

If you do not think the Redskins dominated there was nearly an hour between offensive series for the eagles. 

I have to hand it to Wentz he showed grit to keep comming though . 

The best thing about this 4 game win streak is there hasn't been a "complete" game yet by both the offense and defense.  I still think this offense is going to have a 40+ point game soon. We need to blast the Lions next week while the Cowboys are on their bye-week. Eagles face a tough Vikings team and the Giants face the Rams in London. The Redskins can put themselves in a very good position by winning next Sunday, but at no point do I think the Lions are an easy out.

Hail to the Redskins.

9 hours ago, Vanguard said:

So are you saying you'd rather not be division champs?

Honestly, that's been in the back of my mind since 2012.

In 12' we won the NFCE, then was bounced by Seattle in the first round.

2015, same thing but against GB.

I'm not saying I don't want the Skins to win the East, it would be nice to take the division twice in a row, but it seems they run out of gas at that time, and usually the WC team is on a momentum building process and we fall victim.

I think a lot of it depends on Dallas; as much as I hate to admit it, they are a better team with Prescott. Romo's days are over there, and their fans know it. The turkey day game will tell a lot about this team, and if we beat Dallas, it will be a dogfight to week 17.

I'm not there yet. 

Good teams don't give up pick 6's and a kickoff return - IN THE SAME GAME. Seems like this team needs adversity to get its ass in gear (starting off 0-2, letting Philly come back to tie up game at 14-14) 

Once they get that killer instinct and don't need that motivation, I'll call them good. 

This team is simply better then what they were 4 weeks ago. If I had to qualify, they are in between average and good ... decent, respectable? 

9 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I don't really see that as a bad statement toward the redskins and it's pretty much true. We haven't really dominated a game yet. I think today's was the closest but we really let them back into the game halfway through. 

I don't think we're a good team yet, but you could surely make a case for it based on statistics. 

We're above average right now. Good offense, weak defense (though they've played great as of late).. special teams are probably our best unit tbh. Coaching is average. 

Doesn't mean we can't go on a run or improve as a team to what i consider good. Once we start putting teams away I'll change my tune. 

We dominated the Eagles yesterday, the total yardage tells the tale as does first downs etc. We almost beat ourselves but the Eagles did nothing to get themselves into anything. We handed them 14 points.

4 hours ago, wilco_holland said:

I think the Herm Edwards statement is fine. Outside of yesterday we are not dominating teams. We play good special teams, make some plays on O & D and at the end we find a way to win it. 

I don't care about that. I just want to win doesn't matter if it's ugly.

The issue with Herm Edwards statement is that he is presenting a scenario about the 'Skins/Eagles game that is pretty much the exact opposite of what happened on the field.  The 'Skins led the game the entire way, by two possessions for the majority of the game.  If anything it was the 'Skins allowing the Eagles to hang around despite being statistically dominated all over the field on both sides of the ball.  The 'Skins didn't "hang around and steal one" from the Eagles......the 'Skins let the Eagles hang around instead of doing what they should have done which was blow them off the field.

12 minutes ago, gortiz said:

I'm not there yet. 

Good teams don't give up pick 6's and a kickoff return - IN THE SAME GAME. Seems like this team needs adversity to get its ass in gear (starting off 0-2, letting Philly come back to tie up game at 14-14) 

Once they get that killer instinct and don't need that motivation, I'll call them good. 

This team is simply better then what they were 4 weeks ago. If I had to qualify, they are in between average and good ... decent, respectable? 

That's the NFL nowadays, teams get up and then games get close. You rarely see tape to tape beatdowns. 

18 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Yes, this thread is coming off the heels of a BIG Home Win against the Philadelphia Eagles.  But consider several factors that buttress this thread title:

-The Washington Redskins are the reining NFC East Champions
-After starting 0-2, they have Won 4 straight
-They have beaten 3 Winning Teams, 2 on the Road
-They have a Winning record after the 1st go round through the Division
-They have come-from-behind several times to Win
-Since Week 3, The Defense have only given up 15 Second Half points (I believe)
-The Skins are undefeated on the Road!!!

And this is while playing a First Place schedule.  My point is, there is no "nobody saw them coming", "they're only beating up on crappy teams", "they don't make any noise in the Division".  There are no ways to explain it away.  

Now are The Skins the class of The NFL?  Not yet.  But they are a legitimately good team.  

Yes, there are weaknesses.  Yes, they haven't played consistently well.  And yes, they haven't played the 'meat' of their schedule.  But with all that said, it's time to acknowledge the obvious: The Washington Redskins are a GOOD TEAM.

Agree?  Disagree?  Let's discuss it!

To me the difference is we are winning games we should win. Those two or three bad plays a game are not costing us like they used to. We are still not playing a complete game, in all honesty we should have beaten the Ravens and Eagles much more comfortably but I am fine with that if we are still looking for ways to improve after a win.

If the D continues like this and we get the run game going, look out. I always thought Cousins would be fine. He is not an elite QB but he is clearly a solid NFL starter. I love beating the Eagles, we've owned them for a couple of years now and I just like laughing at their media when they always downplay us.

9 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Yes, we have not dominated anyone thus far.  However, if not for a couple of brain farts and a missed opportunity, we'd have had at least a 19-7 lead on the G-men at the half, a 17-0 at the half against Cleveland,  17-10 on Baltimore at the half and at least 24-0 at the half Sunday.  We're the ones letting teams stay in games.  We stop brain farting and take advantage of our opportunities, we are scary good.

37 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

That's the NFL nowadays, teams get up and then games get close. You rarely see tape to tape beatdowns. 

I hate when people use nowadays for something that has always been true, well at least since I started seriously watching the NFL back in 1972.  Use the Redskins as an example, in 1982, we did not really beat down teams until the last two games of the regular season. 

Archived