Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

13 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

That DeChambeau collapse was wonderful. That might be the kinda thing that ruins him for a few years. 

Spieth hasn’t been the same since he put two in the water on 12 at Augusta several years ago. Let’s hope for similar results.

There is a particular hole at my local course, Locust HIll #15, no matter how far I crush my drive or how well I've been playing, leaving me wedge into the skinny green from 80-110 yards, over the water....I always seem to put it in the drink or go over the green OB.  It's simply in my head and no matter what I try to tell myself, I have zero confidence hitting this shot.  The results show it every single time.  Take the water and the memories out of play, and it's simply a routine wedge shot.

And I'm not playing for anything but fun and personal pride.  I simply cannot imagine the pressure of these pros who are tasked with this stuff for what could result in millions of dollars and worldwide recognition.  I guess only golfers understand that feeling, but the amount of pressure we put on ourselves as weekend hackers feels like a lot, simply can't imagine when 7 figures and a major trophy is on the line.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess only golfers understand that feeling, but the amount of pressure we put on ourselves as weekend hackers feels like a lot, simply can't imagine when 7 figures and a major trophy is on the line.

Reminds me of an exchange I had on the course one day...

Friend (standing over a fifteen footer for par): “I wish I knew what it was like to feel the pressure of a putt like this to win the Masters. I wish I knew how to simulate that kinda pressure.”

Me: “Easy. You miss this putt you gotta suck my ****.”

Friend: (long pause) “I don’t like this game.”

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Reminds me of an exchange I had on the course one day...

Friend (standing over a fifteen footer for par): “I wish I knew what it was like to feel the pressure of a putt like this to win the Masters. I wish I knew how to simulate that kinda pressure.”

Me: “Easy. You miss this putt you gotta suck my ****.”

Friend: (long pause) “I don’t like this game.”

Happy Pride Month to you.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need to bump this up.  I've played golf very sporadically over the years but recently got bitten by the bug for various reasons.  I'm at the point now where I'm planning to play most weekends in the Fairfax County area.  I have a few friends who play but they aren't available all the time.  Any of you local duffers want to start getting together on (mostly) Sunday mornings?  Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...