Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

I was actually thinking about that yesterday. 

I’d still yell something. At the end. 

and yeah I’d get kicked out. 

but it’s not like I’d ever have a chance to go again so it doesn’t matter. 

i mean realistically I don’t stand a chance of going once. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nothing like watching the masters and yelling “you idiot!” when a pro doesn’t stick a 200 yard iron within 10ft of the hole while I’m sitting on the sofa as a golfer that still sometimes misses hitting the ball off the tee 

My cousin played in high school and I used to regularly rib him about it, as I’d determined golf was for yuppies.  Fast forward to when I turned 30 and got the itch to try it and asked him to take me out.  His clubs, first tee, teed up, I wind that driver up thinking I’m going to hit this thing to Florida and whiff, and I damn near swung out of my shoes.  Very humbling moment for sure.  I gained a ton of respect for golfers that day.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Bosses were in today at work, we were chatting about sports...one said, "Gonna be a crappy day today at Augusta with the weather!"  I said, "No!  This is great!  Total chaos!"  

Tiger was eager to get off the course, you could tell he was hurtin'.  Hell of an effort, and I want to see him at least in the center of the field on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone explain to me why in the name of french fried **** are Phil and his dumb comments still a big deal?  

I don't get it.  What was he trying to do?  Help start a Saudi based tour that would compete with the PGA where he and others could make more money?  And then he said some comments about them being "scary mother****ers" because of the Kashoggi murder, but was willing to overlook that because....well, he stood to make more money?

So what exactly are people so upset about?  Is it that he called the Saudis "scary mother****ers" or was it that he was...surprise, surprise, willing to overlook any human rights atrocities in a chase for the almighty dollar?

And why's he in hiding?  Why's he acting like what he said is, like, the most offensive, terrible **** ever?  Is it because he wanted to do damage to the PGA or what he said about the Saudis?  Both?

But who really cares about Phil Mickelson to begin with?

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Can't believe that Tiger came back with a -1 today and has made the weekend. I know it's not probably what he wants from his game competition wise,  but jfc he nearly lost that leg last year and now he's made 2 consecutive cuts at majors this year?

Unreal. 

I watched his group for all 36 holes and man he was grinding hard.  Seems like he’s trying to prove to himself he can withstand the pain and push through, because he absolutely needs to, if he’s ever going to win another tournament.  It’s going to be a long process and dude is just carrying water up the hill right now.  I enjoyed watching him these last couple days *almost* as much as watching him at the top of his game.  

I have no idea if he’ll ever win another tournament but if he does it will be the greatest accomplishment of his career and probably the greatest comeback in sports history if it happens to be a major.

Whether it ever happens or not, I will be grateful for each opportunity to watch the grind.

• Like 3