Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

18 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

No opinion one way or the other yet, but I do suspect Phil will claim his own victory lap since the changes he advocated for the last couple of years will likely come to fruition. 

But they already have. The PGA made major changes last year.

Phil and his crew only really wanted 1 thing. Big guarenteed $. 

They sold out for blood money.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I thoroughly enjoy when people that scream about morals, change their mind for money. 

where’s all the blood money whiners now?

this is why I always reject arguments based on morals. Time and time again people show that their moral are only morals when it’s convenient for them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I thoroughly enjoy when people that scream about morals, change their mind for money. 

this is why I always reject arguments based on morals. Time and time again people show that their moral are only morals when it’s convenient for them. 

Ding Ding Ding.  Who gives a **** about "blood money" this, or "moral integrity" that, no major corporation or league operates that way.  It's all about the Benjamins.  It always has been in every facet of life.  Those "morally superior" goofs whining about the blood money last year have egg on their faces.  Ted Dibiase said it best in the 80's "Everybody's Got A Price!!!"

Everybodys-Got-A-Price-For-The-Million-D

Edited by samy316
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

But it's not like the PGA players had anything to do with the PGA selling out today (at least the few I had read were saying wtf about it).

Players that left for LIV knew full well they were going there for terrorist $s. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

But it's not like the PGA players had anything to do with the PGA selling out today (at least the few I had read were saying wtf about it).

Players that left for LIV knew full well they were going there for terrorist $s. 

meh. They don’t have to be golfers

theyd lose their lucrative jo….

oh yeah see. When it’s about money suddenly morals take a back seat. 

How stupid do you feel if you were a big name that stuck with the PGA in some odd form of loyalty and morals, watching this now?

woods turned down 700-800 million dollars

the pga took him for more than his wife 😂 

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, tshile said:

How stupid do you feel if you were a big name that stuck with the PGA in some odd form of loyalty and morals, watching this now?

woods turned down 700-800 million dollars

the pga took him for more than his wife 😂 

I don’t think those that stood on principle have anything to feel stupid about. Guys like Tiger and Rory aren’t hurting for cash the way Phil was. They come out looking better while Phil will always carry the stain of being a piece of **** person. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

Phil’s awesome

And he was right all along. 

not a single one of the blood money hypocrites is going to stop playing for the PGA. Or stop going to events. Or stop watching. Or stop playing themselves. 

when it’s someone else’s money everyone’s got a soap box to stand on. 

when it’s theirs, suddenly things change. 

I feel bad for Rory and Tiger. They went to bat for an org they thought there was a shared loyalty with. 

Woods is out 7-800 million guaranteed

and Rory got fined the other week for missing an event 😂 

some lessons are learned the hard way

Meanwhile consumers only want Saudi oil to get pumped faster so the gas they put in their vehicles are cheaper

and they’ll stand in line or wait till midnight to spend tons of money on products made with slave and child labor in countries that destroy the environment in order to make it cheaper 

But everyone’s real quick to ascribe morals into others’ decisions 

I love Tiger, but did he really stay on principle?

He has a legacy unlike no other, via the PGA Tour.  If I’m him - I want the PGA Tour to continue to be and remain the only show in town.

I’d venture a guess that most guys that stuck around did so for similar reasons.  While LIV was paying obscene sums of $ in an attempt to be viable, there was a ton of uncertainty to go along with everything else.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I love Tiger, but did he really stay on principle?

I always assumed he valued not being blackballed by the PGA Tour as more important than the money. There was also a lot of uncertainty because there were concerns LIV players would be banned from majors, and that’s basically all he had left anyways. 

But behind the scenes it was Woods and Rory trying to recruit people to stay with the PGA Tour. 

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Phil’s awesome

And he was right all along. 

not a single one of the blood money hypocrites is going to stop playing for the PGA. Or stop going to events. Or stop watching. Or stop playing themselves. 

when it’s someone else’s money everyone’s got a soap box to stand on. 

when it’s theirs, suddenly things change. 

I feel bad for Rory and Tiger. They went to bat for an org they thought there was a shared loyalty with. 

Woods is out 7-800 million guaranteed

and Rory got fined the other week for missing an event 😂 

some lessons are learned the hard way

Meanwhile consumers only want Saudi oil to get pumped faster so the gas they put in their vehicles are cheaper

and they’ll stand in line or wait till midnight to spend tons of money on products made with slave and child labor in countries that destroy the environment in order to make it cheaper 

But everyone’s real quick to ascribe morals into others’ decisions 

The ones that stayed don't have other options and I would bet, based on the articles, the pga players would not have supported the move. The LIV players voluntarily went for the blood money. There is a big difference. 

Edited by Hersh

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

I don’t think those that stood on principle have anything to feel stupid about. Guys like Tiger and Rory aren’t hurting for cash the way Phil was. They come out looking better while Phil will always carry the stain of being a piece of **** person. 

Yes, but Phil came into a nice nest egg of $200 million dollars, that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.  Not $200 Million, or even $20 Million.  Everybody's got a price, and the PGA proved that yesterday.  Money makes the world go round.  I'm sure Phil cares a great deal about being a piece of ****.  Meanwhile, he's probably doing this somewhere on a beach or a yacht after yesterday's news:

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Edited by samy316

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Lol at anyone defending Phil Mickelson or Greg Norman (or any of thr LIV golfers). 

They took the money.  Simple as that.  I can feel upset about it, but at the end of the day, if someone is offering you $200 Million to play in a league, you'd forget your morals real quickly too.  99% of civilization would.  I'm just slightly amused at all the pearl-clutching the American Media, and some golf fans are displaying, when the U.S. and other corporations show you who they are every time, when it comes to hypocrisy and ethics.  I don't want to get into American Foreign Relations tangent on a golf thread, but simply put, The U.S. and most corporations are NOT moral gatekeepers.  The U.S. has done business with plenty of bad actors, and it's laughable that people want to rail about the corrupt Saudis and their ethics, when the U.S. is no beacon of light in that regard either.

Edited by samy316

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

They took the money.  Simple as that.  I can feel upset about it, but at the end of the day, if someone is offering you $200 Million to play in a league, you'd forget your morals real quickly too.  99% of civilization would.  I'm just slightly amused at all the pearl-clutching the American Media, and some golf fans are displaying, when the U.S. and other corporations show you who they are every time, when it comes to hypocrisy and ethics.

I'd think we'd all have a problem if say 10 of the top 50 MLB, NBA, or NFL players left to play in a Saudi funded startup baseball/baaketball/or football league.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd think we'd all have a problem if say 10 of the top 50 MLB, NBA, or NFL players left to play in a Saudi funded startup baseball league.

We all might have a problem with that (I personally would find it terrible, and that would suck), but at the end of the day, money is money.  There are no good guys or bad guys.  Especially corporations.  LOL @ anyone miffed and disappointed in a corporation for making a business decision that would benefit them monetarily.  That's the whole point of a corporation, to make business moves that benefit them financially.  All this moral code and ethics talk goes in one ear, and out of the other for me.  There is no blue or red, no black or white.  It's green.  Always has been.  Always will be.

These golf fans upset now, will fall back in line soon enough.  Last time I checked, golf fans consist of white men, who are generally wealthy or making income above the middle class threshold.  I don't think that particular demographic is going to protest or demonstrate this merger.

Edited by samy316