Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf

tshile

No sympathy for Tiger.  If he can’t physically do it anymore then hang ‘‘em up.  It’s not as if he isn’t accomplished and richer than god anyway.  Nothing left to prove.

And are they really “athletes” if they can’t walk a full 18?  It’s not as if they’re carrying their own bags.

• Thumb up 1

I will always respect Tiger he is a legend of the game. Feels sad to see him playing like this.

Is this so much different than Favre trying to muscle it out in his 40's, or even Brady at 45, or Manning in his last year?

This is the game they've played most of their adult life. Let them decide when to hang it up. Otherwise, why deprive them of the game they enjoy?

37 minutes ago, China said:

No sympathy for Tiger.  If he can’t physically do it anymore then hang ‘‘em up.  It’s not as if he isn’t accomplished and richer than god anyway.  Nothing left to prove.

And are they really “athletes” if they can’t walk a full 18?  It’s not as if they’re carrying their own bags.

I don't know. Are paralympians not athletes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I will always respect Tiger he is a legend of the game. Feels sad to see him playing like this.

Is this so much different than Favre trying to muscle it out in his 40's, or even Brady at 45, or Manning in his last year?

This is the game they've played most of their adult life. Let them decide when to hang it up. Otherwise, why deprive them of the game they enjoy?

As long as he/they can compete at a high level and make cuts, sure let them play.  Otherwise hang them up or go to the seniors tour.  Nobody's depriving them of the game.  They can still play, just not at the highest level.

And Manning absolutely should have hung them up sooner.  He was pathetic his last year.  It's not about age, it's about performance.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 10:56 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

First time watching golf on tv, was more entertaining than I thought it would be. Still wouldn’t watch on the regular but it’s better than baseball.

It's a WHOLE lot better now than in the 70s when my dad would fall asleep watching.  There are so many more cameras and analysts on the course...back in the day they just followed the major players (Arnie and Jack) and it could get really boring (mostly because they were so good). 

• Thumb up 1